PDA

View Full Version : My Imagine doesn't have drop forword threads! Need help!

akpbplayer100
01-25-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm thinking about buying a drop forward for my Imagine but it doesn't have the proper threads to get it installed:( . How can I solve this problem?

akpbplayer100

Hossy
01-25-2007, 04:02 PM
if you mean that the holes arent alligned, then you will have to buy a converter, they are cheap, but let you use a straight alligned drop on your staggard one.

If you mean the actual threads, they are bolts....pick some up at the hardware place

DRAGON
01-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes, you will need a staggered to inline adapter that attaches to the bottom of the grip frame on the older Spyder's. The newer Spyder's have the inline pattern -

Hob Hayward
01-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Indeed. Though they do actually make some drop forwards designed for both spyders and other guns, so they have both the in line and staggered holes.

Before you go and buy a drop forward, I would highly suggest you try using a gun with a drop forward. Some people love them, because they do make the gun more compact, but there are others like my self who hate them. I like the feel of having the co2 tank up against my shoulder to use basically as a stock, I've used guns with drops on 'em, and its just no good to me. So, as is too often the case, I would suggest you try before buying.