PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Questions

Mr.Untouchable
01-24-2007, 05:03 PM
I am fairly new to this site, and only played paintball for a year now. But I have been here enough to know that the stock parts on my imagine are useless. I currently have a CP 14in One-Piece barrel but everything else I have is all stock. I plan on purchasing a Vlocity JR but I was wondering what type of feedneck I need (holes or no holes). I have been looking at NDZ feednecks. Are these worth it? And is Compressed air worth putting on this if I evntually plan on moving to a LP gun?

vwjimmy
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Imagines use feednecks with 'Holes'...personally I like the 'Cam Lock' kind of clamping feednecks....like the Trinity....
Whichever feedneck you pick (and you definately need one) make sure it is a clamping one...they actually hold the hopper tight and that is important when you are using an expensive hopper!
Compressed air or HPA is definately worth it too. It is a regulated, stable source of propellent that will provide you with better, more predictable accuracy. It also is much more tempeture tolerant, meaning it will not freeze. If you convert to LP or not, you will be happy you have HPA.
I would not say your stock parts are useless....they are working for you now, aren't they? Upgrading is a great thing, but most of the internals in your marker are durable, reliable, and rock solid. Lots of upgrade parts will improve the performance of your Imagine, but you can have a great, reliable marker without them. The barrel, feedneck, hopper, and air source is the important stuff for now.
Check out Otters Spyder Pages for all the information you could ever need to know! Here is a link:
OtterSC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/)
Good Luck and Welcome to the KUSA/SOC Forums!

Mr.Untouchable
01-24-2007, 05:58 PM
But don't I need a High Pressure HPA for this? Because if I buy a High pressure tank for it and then move to a higher end LP gun wont I need a new tank???

vwjimmy
01-24-2007, 06:06 PM
No. Almost all paintball markers will operate on HP tanks. They have regulators that lower the pressure to their operating range. Only a few markers require LP tanks, and most of them can be modified to use HP tanks.
I use my HP tanks on all of my markers...even the Angel Speed that was one of the very few that required a LP tank.....it took 5 minutes to flip the spring plates in its stock reg.....

Mr.Untouchable
01-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Aha I see. Thank you very much for the help!

Hob Hayward
01-24-2007, 06:41 PM
Imagines DO NOT HAVE HOLES for the feedneck!!! They use tabs. I have an NDZ lever lock feedneck, and its great. I would suggest it over the Trinity because I have heard tales of people's clamps on the trinity snapping off due to worse design than the NDZ. Having a nice clamping feedneck will prevent the possibility of breaking feednecks- something much more prone to happen when you have a heavier hopper like the Vlocity Jr. you're planning on getting.

Once you have a nice HPA tank, you won't need another for any other gun (unless your looking at some of the oldschool angels, but I doubt you will).

vwjimmy
01-24-2007, 07:11 PM
I have three Imagines....they are all 'holes'....
Is yours an 06 Hob?

Edit: I guess my Imagines are older, I see that the current model on Kingmans site is indeed 'tabs'! I guess I will find and post pics of the two so you can tell the difference and find out which kind your Imagine has. Sorry, I have never seen one with tabs until tonight!

~Jim

Hob Hayward
01-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Eh, Jimmy, they discontinued the imagine in 05. I forgot, your right, the 03 imagines did use holes, but the 04 and 05 models used tabs.

Mr. Untouchable, take your imagine and unscrew the screws holding the feedneck on, are there holes in the sides of it, or just tabs?

Tabs:
http://ec3.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000F3NE0A.01-A371G8H8A5MY53._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V54372742_.jpg

Holes:
http://image.bizrate.com/resize?sq=160&uid=357563518&mid=23

Not sure why the second image isn't showing up, but just click the link.

vwjimmy
01-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks Hob! :)

Mr.Untouchable
01-25-2007, 06:35 AM
Well I have an 04 imagine, but lemme go grab my gun real quick.

WhatThaSmurf
01-26-2007, 07:44 PM
The older styles of the Imagine have holes, the newer (04 and above) have tabs or no holes. The brand is up to you, but you definitely want a clamping feed neck. HPA is also a good idea, seeing as CO2 has many problems such as spraying liquid into your marker and low velocity in colder weather. It also can freeze up your gun and damage most regulators on the market.

ooglieboogliebob
01-26-2007, 08:16 PM
To see if there are holes take off your feedneck. Are there holes in the feedneck itself, or are there tabs on it.

Another way to figure it out is to test this. Do the screws go through the feedneck? Or are they held still by the side of the screw ??

Anyway. My favorites are the CCM feedneck, Trinity feedneck, and the NDZ Feedneck. I would personally pick the lever locks.

HPA tank is also a great choice. More consistency. No fluctations in velocity from temerature. And good stuff like that.

WhatThaSmurf
01-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Actually, the easiest way is to simply look at your marker. See there on the top at the back? Is there a big, ugly, chrome sight rail on there? If yes, you have an older Imagine, and need a feedneck wiht holes. If no, you have a newer Imagine and need a feedneck with tabs.

Mr.Untouchable
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Nope, it's an 04 with no big ugly sight rails. And I tried to get the screws off... but they were extremely tight and I started to round them off with my screwdriver... so would I need a drill?? But im guessing no holes then. Okay, thank you.

WhatThaSmurf
01-27-2007, 12:07 PM
You could try putting a little liquid wrench on the screws, but try not to get it in the bolt chamber. It won't mess up the color or mar the metal inside, but you should just try to keep all unnecessary substances from getting in there. It could also be old paint under the screws (it gets in there, don't ask me how). But you definitely do not want to drill out the screws. That would just cause problems.

08Lud08
01-27-2007, 12:10 PM
try to use a screw driver that fits good because you wouldn't want to strip the screw head.

JCotto
02-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Hey guys i'm new to the forum and i have a few questions i have a spyder imagine and i was wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent the triggerframe from comming loose..

Also i wanted to know if there is a way that i can shoot faster i adjusted the rof to high but i need it to be faster

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Use an allen wrench and tighten it as much as you can.

ROF can be changed by purchasing a Tboard.

JCotto
02-10-2007, 09:10 AM
how much of a difference will a tboard make, i like the was my gun is set up the reason i ask because i was at the short end of a gun battle at a big game and i dont want it to happen again..

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 09:12 AM
Tboard is a good investment, IMO.

JCotto
02-10-2007, 09:13 AM
I was also think to get a faster gun do you have any suggestions?

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Ion, promaster, used shocker/dm/pm.

All pretty cheap.

WhatThaSmurf
02-11-2007, 02:45 PM
*cough cough hijacked thread cough*

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 02:47 PM
*cough cough clowns suck cough cough* :rolleyes:

The other guys question is answered. No big deal. Dont post if you are going to complain about something that noone cares about.

WhatThaSmurf
02-11-2007, 03:14 PM
In the idea of not getting banned, I will refrain from flaming you on an epic level. But still, our dear friend Mr.Untouchable may still experience problems relating to the original matter. The topic the our new friend JCotto inquired of was not similar to that topic, and would not have caused any problem had he made a new thread.

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 03:29 PM
In the idea of not getting banned, I will refrain from flaming you on an epic level. But still, our dear friend Mr.Untouchable may still experience problems relating to the original matter. The topic the our new friend JCotto inquired of was not similar to that topic, and would not have caused any problem had he made a new thread.Well since his problem wasnt major and it was easily solved, there were no problems until you desided to say something.

WhatThaSmurf
02-11-2007, 03:35 PM
A question such as which gun to get is not answered by one simple answer, but still, I'm done. Don't respond to this, because I don't want to argue any more.

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 03:37 PM
A question such as which gun to get is not answered by one simple answer, but still, I'm done. Don't respond to this, because I don't want to argue any more.Oh ****. I responded. Sue me :dodgy:

JCotto-I'll PM you.

shunut
02-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I think thats about enough. If either of you continue you will be banned.

JCotto, I suggest if you have another question, start a new thread.

Mr.Untouchable
02-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Actually... Not to make matters worse, but it seems that I still cannot get this feedneck off. But I also found out that I have an 05 imagine, not an 04. But are there any other suggestions on getting this feedneck off.

Thanks

Backmanshooter
02-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Actually... Not to make matters worse, but it seems that I still cannot get this feedneck off. But I also found out that I have an 05 imagine, not an 04. But are there any other suggestions on getting this feedneck off.

ThanksDid you strip the screw heads?

WhatThaSmurf
02-11-2007, 07:24 PM
The fact that you have an 05 doesn't change the fact that you need the feedneck with tabs. The design of the 04 and 05 is the same.

JCotto
02-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Sorry i did not mean to start an arguement, i new here and i dont know much about working this board, i'm here just to get some info..

WhatThaSmurf
02-13-2007, 02:42 PM
You're fine, you had nothing to do with it. I made a smart ass remark without explaining anything which led to a reaction on someone else's part, and it escalated from there. You are very welcome here, and this is probably one of the most helpful places you will find. Things happen here, just as anywhere else. You just happened to be right there in the middle of that one. As for any conflict, it was resolved, and I hold no grudge. You are welcome to ask me any questions you have about your Imagine.

SupaSnipa
02-13-2007, 04:29 PM
:confused: is the shocktech superfly bolt ACS cuz i just got an imagine & i was told u should get a ACS bolt

This has nothing to do with this thread, if you have a question of your own, first search for the answer, then if you can't find an answer, start your own thread. Thank You.

Backmanshooter
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
:confused: is the shocktech superfly bolt ACS cuz i just got an imagine & i was told u should get a ACS boltNo its not the same.

Mr.Untouchable
02-13-2007, 05:26 PM
No, they are not stripped... yet. But if I keep working at them, they will be. I have tried, and tried, and tried on these screws. I am no weak guy, but I cannot seem to get these off.

Backmanshooter
02-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Do you have a big screwdriver...That'll be strong but wont strip them?

WhatThaSmurf
02-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Don't know if it will work, but maybe run hot water over it. Thinking about it, the body should expand more than the screws, although you won't be able to see a difference in either one of them. And, if there is something gumming it up, it should loosen that too.

SupaSnipa
02-18-2007, 09:16 AM
can u mount scopes on the 05 imagines

Backmanshooter
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Nope..I dont believe you can.

boomerisnuts
02-18-2007, 09:19 AM
I think it would need rails. A scope is pointless because...
1.paintballs dont fly staight
2.the feedneck would be in the way
3. it would be hard to look through with a mask.
boomer
Edit: oops sorry i didnt know i was responding to a hijacked answer. I didnt read the whole thread.

SupaSnipa
02-24-2007, 08:55 AM
my imagine isnt shootin full auto and it sed u might need a jumper and the jumper mounts on 2 prongs but r those 2 prongs right next the battery cuz those are the only 2 prongs i can find

Edit: ok i got it