PDA

View Full Version : what boards are out there for the VS2?

rommelr
01-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Wanted to know how many aftermarket boards are out there ready to be placed into the VS2/3 markers?
pls lmk thx...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

scpres1
01-23-2007, 10:15 PM
The Lucky Board fits the VS models.

jorjones75
01-24-2007, 08:38 AM
I would recommend getting a lucky board. I purchased one around christmas, and all I can say is that it is insane. You get tons of options in firing modes (ramping mode is awesome), and its very user friendly. Mine was 75$ from www.lucky-paintball.com ---if you get it they have a user manual that will walk you through the modes on the same page.

rommelr
01-24-2007, 09:20 AM
it's that the only one, or for right now in the market?
cause if so i'll get it...

druid
01-24-2007, 11:32 AM
The only boards available (that I'm aware of) are:

XSF Advantage
TBoard
Lucky

I haven't heard anything about XSF in a couple of years and believe the company went under. That's ok because the had fugly eye covers anyway. If I remember right, they were also more expensive than TBoards, assisting their downward slide into entrepreneurial oblivion.
You can probably find an XSF floating round somewhere (ask Otter) but as far as "sold in stores"...neh. Yer outta luck.

Boo*Yaah made a frame for the Spyder then they sold the company that changed the name to Mako Storm. They used an LCD board that used % Ramping and maxed at 15 bps. It used a weird trigger that wasn't upgradable. Unless you worked in a machine shop, you were stuck with the stock trigger. The TBoard didn't properly align with that port properly either (I know...I had 2 frames...a Boo*Yaah and a Mako...and 2 TBoards boards mounted in them). A dremel was the only way to fix the issue.

rommelr
01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
the T-board is made by whom?

Drefish99
01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
http://www.scenariodreams.com/

rommelr
01-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Are the stock eyes compatible with t-boards & lucky boards?
yes or no?

scpres1
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
I dont think they are compatible with the Lucky Boards, because you get different Eyes when you buy the Board.

rommelr
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
which one would be more worth it... only cause im getting a used vs2 but w/o eyes and barrel... pls lmk which board & barrel...

Hob Hayward
01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
I've never dealt with Lucky before, but the guy who runs Scenario Dreams, Damon, is a great guy, very helpful, and I know that he's always willing to help you with whatever problems you have.

I'd say the T-board.

What are you thinking about for barrels, are you looking at barrel kits or just single piece barrels?

If you're going for single piece barrels, the J&J Ceramic is always good, as well as the new Smart Parts Progressive. CP One piece barrels are also good.

rommelr
01-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I've never dealt with Lucky before, but the guy who runs Scenario Dreams, Damon, is a great guy, very helpful, and I know that he's always willing to help you with whatever problems you have.

I'd say the T-board.

What are you thinking about for barrels, are you looking at barrel kits or just single piece barrels?

If you're going for single piece barrels, the J&J Ceramic is always good, as well as the new Smart Parts Progressive. CP One piece barrels are also good.

Do u have a t-board on ur vs2? if so, lmk how u go about the purchase (online or phone)... ummm since i have a Dye ul back for spyder (.692), w/a stiffi tip... nice dont u think?

rommelr
01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
It seems that the t-board is a bit cheaper than lucky boards...
But it dont matter to me which on, just as long as i can do semi & response modes...
everything else will be sheer skills from me...
=)

druid
01-25-2007, 09:03 PM
well, The TBoard is a bit cheaper than the Lucky but the programming on the Lucky is better. It boils down to what you want from your board and how much you are willing to spend on it...
Cost effectiveness=TBoard
Better programming=Lucky

rommelr
01-25-2007, 09:30 PM
What do u have, unless u dont have a vs2? lmk thx...
need to know this before purchase