PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy...

geeZus
01-18-2006, 02:42 PM
...But I'm thinking about getting back into paintball, but I'm not gonna buy a gun. I'm thinking about building an Ion, without actually buying an Ion. Here's what I was looking at getting:

Body: Can't remember the name, but it was a full body and didn't require the inner aluminum shell like other bodies, someone know which one I'm talking about?
Frame: Punisher's
Reg: CP
Trigger: CP
Feedneck: Q-lock
Board: T-board w/ Solenoid
Bolt: Lucky Stage 1, 2, & 3 package.
Screws: Lucky black out screws
Eyes: Lucky LED eyes

The only things I would need after that would be the wiring harness, upper eye board and what else? I'm sure there's a few more parts I would need, but when I look at the factory parts list, I'm not sure what I'd actually need. A little help maybe? I'm pretty sure this would be a lot cheaper than buying the gun and upgrading everything, but depending on price I may just buy a gun thats up to my level out of the box. I dunno, this was just an idea I had.

Thoughts? Ideas? Input? Flames? Anyone?

TacTownKilla
01-18-2006, 03:07 PM
your crazy...

Hoppy11
01-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Correction: You're crazy...

DexGtr
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Body: Can't remember the name, but it was a full body and didn't require the inner aluminum shell like other bodies, someone know which one I'm talking about?

Lucky Stage 5 but you better hurry up there's like around 20 left.

http://www.buyluckypaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=86

you won't need the Stage 2 and 3 coz it has it already.

T-Board - meh get the virtue,

you'll need misc stuff like screws, banjo, hoses.

Team Ramrod
01-18-2006, 03:28 PM
this stemmed from the other thread, wondering if you could build one without using stock parts? and them matching cockers in custom-ability (not a word?)

TheRedBarron
01-18-2006, 06:15 PM
Go for it, if you need any stock parts let me know.

Drefish99
01-18-2006, 06:19 PM
A few things are missing in your list. Go for the Lucky Autococker threaded breech and then NDZ detents. I don't think the Kila detents will work with this breech without some minor moding.

ttink
01-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Sounds kinda cool. Def keep us updated on this cuz i wanna see how it turns out.

geeZus
01-18-2006, 07:02 PM
A few things are missing in your list. Go for the Lucky Autococker threaded breech and then NDZ detents. I don't think the Kila detents will work with this breech without some minor moding.
CP makes Imp threaded barrels, so I don't need a AC adapter. I dunno if I'm actually gonna do this now, at this price I can get a fully upped Shocker from a teammate or a stock 05 Ego :cool:

phatphil
01-18-2006, 07:44 PM
$200 - Body: Lucky
$125 to $135 - Frame: Punisher's
$65 - Reg: CP
$30 - Trigger: CP
$35 - Feedneck: Q-lock
$80 - Board: T-board w/ Solenoid
$39 - Bolt: Lucky Stage 1 (2, & 3 come with body)
$5 Screws: Lucky black out screws
$20 - Eyes: Lucky LED eyes

That brings you to $599-$609 before a barrel, rail, asa, and don't forget the shipping. You could get another 05 Proto (from Durrell), a 2k5 style timmy, or a shocker for that price. It would be a really sweet custom ion though.

Drefish99
01-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah you actually have to have a passion for IONs to drop that much cash on building a custom one. I was thinking of building a custom one but really don't need all those bells and whistles. I say you get PM6. :D

durrell
01-18-2006, 07:58 PM
I say you get PM6. :D

Great minds think alike..:D

bigred76
01-18-2006, 08:03 PM
I say you get PM6 from Durrell. :D
Yup, quite true Dre. :smirk:

Muddytaco
01-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Just decide what you would rather have before you buy, be 110% sure. I am perfectly happy with my ion. Once my new board arrives **cough**virtue**cough** :yay: :jump: :peace: I will have a fully upped gun that perfectly fits me and can beat/keep up with any other gun in a speed race (thanks to my halo cheetah board). Plus i highly doubt anybody will have an Ion looking the same as mine since the V1 element frame is no longer being made and Strange changed there bodys to a new V2. With my AKA 2 liter and freak barrel i am shooting ball on ball, you can't ask for much more then that, IMO. But the ego and shocker or any other gun could perform the same as my ion, it all comes down to personal preference. If you don't think you will be happy with the Ion I would say not to bother building it b/c so many people look down on the Ion that you will never even come close to selling it for what you put into it.

geeZus
01-18-2006, 08:31 PM
I don't keep guns more than a week before it hits PBN for sale, I don't even need to be 2% sure to buy a gun.

Drefish99
01-18-2006, 08:34 PM
He had an ION before :)

He is a gun whore and prob. waste his money on a marker he will more than likely sell for less than what he put into it or part it out and end up scamming a 12 year old newbie by selling him a $12 part for $30

Chris this is all said with respect of course :p

Muddytaco
01-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Well then have at it:butwiggle: :tongue: . I wish I could be a gun whore but i get to attached to all my guns, haven't even thought about selling any of them.

geeZus
01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
He had an ION before :)

He is a gun whore and prob. waste his money on a marker he will more than likely sell for less than what he put into it or part it out and end up scamming a 12 year old newbie by selling him a $12 part for $30

Chris this is all said with respect of course :p

I've wasted more money in trading than most people have in their entire setups here. :o I keep telling myself I won't sell the next one, then I do, then I say it again...its a cycle

durrell
01-18-2006, 09:50 PM
...But I'm thinking about getting back into paintball, but I'm not gonna buy a gun.

That's INSANE. I knew you were crazy, but THAT crazy? OMG

:D You know my opinion.

bamf-hacker
01-19-2006, 04:40 AM
well then back to the subject of the thread :)

You are crazy!

HacKeR

FredPo
01-19-2006, 10:18 AM
I think geezus has a case of ADHD with markers. Just can't stand being with one for more then a few weeks. Maybe take some riddlin (sp?) before deciding to build this ion.

Fred

DexGtr
01-19-2006, 10:24 AM
in that case start building that thing...so the sooner you finish it the sooner it gets parted out...when that happens hit me with a PM LOL:D

Sac
01-19-2006, 10:04 PM
do it and die