PDA

View Full Version : Best Paint for STOCK Barrel???

toxtrem
01-23-2007, 06:58 PM
I'd like know what paint fires good thru the stock barrel? Also what after market barrels are great for the Pilot ACS, and what paint for that barrel also?

spyderaron
01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I've used some Shraphnal and they were good. And we tried some Wack Paintballs from ****s Sporting goods (or Richards). Those were very good to me.

J&J are a good upgrade barrel for the Pilot. My friends dad uses a J&J with Monster balls, (not the best) and they work well for him. Go to your local shop, they'll have some barrels for you to look at.

Sandman_Bravo
01-24-2007, 03:11 AM
The stock barrel is a larger than average bore size, so you should be able to shoot most any paint. What makes aftermarket barrels more accurate is there is a closer paint to bore tolerance, i.e. the inside diameter of the barrel fits tighter around a paintball. When you get into upper end barrel "kits", they have different sizes of sleeves or rear barrel pieces to match various paintballs sizes. Read up on Otter's site under barrels:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrels.html

Virtually any question you may have can be answered there. Good luck.

fwgericke
01-24-2007, 06:42 AM
The Barrel i would recommend is the Smart parts Linear 16'

Awesome barrel, very accurate, good price as well, overall great value for money! You can check some reviews on the net. wont find a bad one.

shunut
01-24-2007, 08:19 AM
There is no point in getting anything longer that 14" really. 12-14" is a good size, when you start getting bigger than that you start to waste air. Barrels don't really determine accuracy that much. Well, if you get a cheap barrel that was poorly machined or is damaged inside the barrel will affect accuracy. If you get a barrel from a good manufacturer your paint to barrel match is going to affect your accuracy more than anything. Like Sandman said read up on matching your paint to your barrel on Otter's site.

crupp
01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
I can say that I bought some cheap "Brass Eagle" balls and they DID NOT work in my 16" CP barrel. I realized this after ripping may balls. Though the box said .68 and my barrel is .689 the balls would not even fit into the barrel.

Moral of the story stick with better balls when you go non-stock

pb34
01-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Different paintballs have different sizes. Those were obviously bigger than .689. If you look on otter's website he has a paint size chart.

Edit: Heres the chart http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html

tnballer
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
wack is a good cheap ball i use a 32* whisper

Halucin8
01-24-2007, 05:52 PM
I haven't found a paintball big enough to actually fit the barrel. i have used everything that walmart sells except the xball bronze. and use dbx and stinger paint also.

tarheelscrln40
01-24-2007, 06:25 PM
wow all my wal mart sells is monster balls, recon, and stryker...any suggestions about these?

Halucin8
01-25-2007, 03:31 AM
monsters are dented and out of round, recon i have have been having a ton of barrel breaks with, and striker was ok just runs small. Mine sells visible impact and those have been the best for me

j3ck4l
01-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I think balls from wall-mart called IMPACT are very good never a chop !!!!

j3ck4l
01-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Eh im sorta new i havn't tryed alot of balls yet i jus stick to the ones i found worked the best quick..

tarheelscrln40
01-31-2007, 01:37 PM
yeah my friend was shooting impact the other day while i was shooting cheap monster balls. his were flying straight and actually busting while mine were going EVERYWHERE and NOT busting. he owned everybody that day (even though i was too with monster balls)

J3omb
05-13-2007, 02:54 PM
I find that monster balls are pretty good for how dang cheap they are. also my local pb store sells evolve.... havent heard much about em but they are great for a J&J ceramic

also my local feild sells premium... those work pretty good for my J&J too. although my freinds always rent tippman 98's and they suck through those.