PDA

View Full Version : bore size

wbpaintball
01-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Can anyone tell me the bore size of the Spyder E-99 stock barrel?

Hob Hayward
01-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Its probably around .691, not positive, but all Spyder barrels are between that and .693

wbpaintball
01-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Will .68 caliber paintballs fit in my new .69 ProLite barrel when im shooting with the barrel on my gun?

vwjimmy
01-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Sure! 68 caliber paintballs will fit through all paintball barrells....the question is how well.
Although paintballs are '.68 Caliber' they are not metal like a bullet so the exact size can vary. Also, temp, fill, age, manufacture, and other variables can affect the exact size of a paintball...thus all the different barrel sizes...
All of the barrels you will find for your marker are technically '.68 caliber' but they range from a small 68 (maybe .682) to a large (.694 even!) The closer the paint to barrel bore match is, the better the accuracy, effeciency, and distance of your shots will be.
You will find that most stock barrels are on the big side so they will accomidate almost all paint. Many barrel makers offer multiple sizes, and several offer different size 'backs' or 'inserts' to allow you to match your bore size every time you play.
Your .690 should work fine for almost any paint you will ever use....
As you get more 'into' paintball and/or more serious about the game, you will most likely be looking for a barrel kit with inserts like the 'Freak' kit or a multi back size kit like an 'Empire' kit....
In the meantime, put that barrel on and go have fun!

wbpaintball
01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
thanks alot jimmy. lol as a matter of fact, i was deciding between the freak jr. and the 2-peice Prolite which i decided to get.