PDA

View Full Version : Air compresure! Please read!!

Bear foot inc
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Ok here's my thought. I think i have found a way to attach my marker to my 150psi air compressor's line. Working like an remote line. I just need to go buy one more connection tomorrow. My question is how many PSI's should i put in the compressor? Or can i fill it all the way up to 150psi. I thought this would be a good idea for home practise to save me some CO2 money. If you all dont think it will damage my gun I'll get the part and hook it up and let you know how it goes.
Let me know,
~Samuel

DRAGON
01-22-2007, 06:23 PM
A normal home type air compressor only puts out relatively 100psi or so. Your marker runs at around 800psi or so.......it won't work lol -

Jegger24
01-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Just looking through the new posts and I found this....

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8732
(Scroll down about halfway through the thread and he even put pictures)

Talk to Muddytaco...he's got a way to get it done. Good luck!

Hossy
01-22-2007, 06:27 PM
if you get a higher end gun it would work.

or if you make your spyder LP it would work better than it would do now

Bear foot inc
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
A normal home type air compressor only puts out relatively 100psi or so. Your marker runs at around 800psi or so.......it won't work lol -

Are you sure they run at 800psi? Why are HPA tanks like 75/4000? Isent it 75psi coming out? I as sort of thinking of doing it a diferint way then it showed in that thread. I'll try it and see if/how it works. I just wanted to make sure that it wont hurt my gun. I dont mind if it does not work just so it does not damage it.
~Samuel

Bear foot inc
01-22-2007, 06:40 PM
or if you make your spyder LP it would work better than it would do now

Oh btw what does that mean?

Jegger24
01-22-2007, 06:42 PM
LP means Low Pressure

Nenkitsune
01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Are you sure they run at 800psi? Why are HPA tanks like 75/4000? Isent it 75psi coming out? I as sort of thinking of doing it a diferint way then it showed in that thread. I'll try it and see if/how it works. I just wanted to make sure that it wont hurt my gun. I dont mind if it does not work just so it does not damage it.
~Samuel
75 is the cubic inch. how much volume the tank has. the big number (3000, 4500) those refer to the internal pressure of the tank. the tank has a regulator on it that drops that 3000psi or 4500 psi down to around 800-850 psi

vwjimmy
01-22-2007, 06:53 PM
~Samuel
Well, we don't know what marker you have but all Spyders except the VS series run at 800psi or so.
A 72/4500 HPA tank has a capacity or 72 cubic inches and can be filled to 4,500 psi. It has a regulator that makes the output 800 to 850 psi.
Muddytaco has a video posted of him firing his very high end Dye and Proto markers with a compressor line but those markers run at around 100 to 150 psi and he commented that they were leaking slightly due to low pressure.
CO2 actually stores at about 800 psi, so it does not require regulation (although CO2 can spike in hot weather)....
I have several Angel markers (all low pressure EP type) and none of them will cycle correctly at the psi or volume that my shop compressor operates at......
not to mention that comtaminates and water can and do build up in tank based compressors and could be deadly to your marker.
Stick with your professionally filled HPA tank.

ooglieboogliebob
01-22-2007, 07:19 PM
If you had a LP spyder you could get your marker to go down to 150PSI and still fire fine, but you'd have recocking issues. After so many shots your going to need to recock the gun.

co2 tanks in fact have an output pressure at about 800psi, but temperature can cause huge fluctations in the tanks. In the summer time i saw my tank up to 1200PSI, and in the winter time it would be at about 650PSI

Bear foot inc
01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Alright. I have a spyder SE. How would i set it up to shoot LP? Does any one have parts i could have/buy for cheap?
If i can get this to work I'd be able to get in much more practice because as it is now i spend all my money on air/balls for fights and dont have realy any left over to just practice

Hossy
01-22-2007, 08:07 PM
going LP will cost you a decent amount of money...
it may not be in your best intrest

Bear foot inc
01-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Ahh i see. Just wondering what i would have to do to "go LP"?
Thanks,
~Samuel

bigred76
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
You'd need higher flowing, lighter internals. This includes spring kits, valves, V/A's, strikers, and bolts, basically. Also, the bore fit of your paint will matter a lot to get the optimum low pressure.

You could take a lot off the bolt in the unnecesary areas (that don't contact the body) and lighten up your stock bolt plenty. A light main spring as well as a light valve spring will help you lower your PSI more. Spring kits normally cost $5-10, and don't vary a lot. They're all the same thing essentially. A higher flowing V/A will allow you to go lower pressure as well, and good ones are the Assault Block and Trinity. Strikers are IMO not needed for LP, but you can get DH Titanium (http://www.darkhorizoncorp.com/) ones as well as IPS (http://www.insanepainsports.com/) ones, either of which are high quality and extremely good. As for a valve, I personally modded mine. I have a bit of experience behind me, though. It'd be easier just to pick up a Maddmann or NDZ valve.

Bear foot inc
01-23-2007, 04:00 PM
OK so your saying i can somehow cutdown my bolt to make it lighter and that will help somewhat? Also buying new springs and such? I dont know if i can afford to buy much but maybe i can make it work.
~Samuel

08Lud08
01-23-2007, 04:11 PM
you wont be able to run a spyder on a compressor, you will have recocking issues even if you make it lp.

Oscum Guy
01-24-2007, 03:33 PM
~Samuel
the output pressure on the tanks is much less. most are regulated down to 800-850psi with the regulator on the tank.