PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live help!

silentpaintballfreak
01-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I finally got an internet connection worthy of online gaming. After about 3years! And I am confused as i can be. Every time i try to connect it says something about the DNS Server. I got it to work once and then my power went out again. I was out for 5 days! Some people around here still dont have power. And i didnt go to school all of last week and probably most of this week! Oh. Do you need the the mic and everything to play? Thanks!

Mlb06
01-22-2007, 01:02 PM
no u dont need the mike to play but its sure alot more fun when u have it...........and when it has trouble connecting usually i had to like reconnect to the internet again

Nintendo
01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
yup restarting the internet usually does it but if not its just xbox live not working or the game is offline for about 24hrs or so
you dont need a mic to play but it makes it so much better

stylinbeaver
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Original Xbox or 360?

durrell
01-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Sign into your Xbox Dashboard and find where you manually input your DNS Servers.

Then, go to a computer in your house and click "Start" then click "Run" and then in that box type in "cmd" and press enter.

Now you're looking at the Command Prompt screen. You're going to want to type "ipconfig/all" (without the quotation marks) into the prompt. Then you will see a list of numbers that show your IP address, default gateway, subnet mask, etc. and towards the bottom you will see DNS Servers. Input those 2 numbers (or 1 if they are the same) into your DNS servers on your Xbox, and you should be ready to go.

If that doesn't work, let me know and let me know what the new error says.

silentpaintballfreak
01-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Alright that worked. Thanks! Its an old xbox. I am getting a gaming computer before a 360. Now for a trip to wally world for a mic and all that. and a new wireless controller. My dog chewed my last one up. So what is the best game to play on live?

durrell
01-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Halo 2 used to be, I don't know about now. Since you're on the old Xbox, probably Halo 2.

Nader
01-22-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah Halo 2 is still teh bomborz. I play it on my 360.

twiztidjuggalo
01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
def still halo 2 is top dog, with madden and gers of war for the 360 following...by the way my tag is KILLAxxJAYxx..feel free to dd me and play me anytime