PDA

View Full Version : lubing

jr1992
01-21-2007, 04:57 PM
yea, ive heard a rumor that u can put a few drops of oil down in ur asa adapter and it will be teh same as taking it apart and lubing it. i do it the normal way and tear the whole marker apart and clean it and lube the o-rings. i was just wondering so.ttyl.

tnballer
01-21-2007, 05:02 PM
you have to take it apart to clean it so why not lube it then it is assential to clean ur gun every time you use it that is if you want your marker to last

Hossy
01-21-2007, 05:04 PM
yea, ive heard a rumor that u can put a few drops of oil down in ur asa adapter and it will be teh same as taking it apart and lubing it. i do it the normal way and tear the whole marker apart and clean it and lube the o-rings. i was just wondering so.ttyl.

You can do the ASA thing....but it isnt as good as doing it by taking the gun appart because the bolt and all wont get as much lube as you need. Id take the gun appart to do this, because it isnt that hard, and yet it will be alot easier.

if you need help with taking the gun appart and all, let us know, were here to help!

bigred76
01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Dropping oil through the ASA lubes the valve, LPC, and striker's o-rings. It doesn't get to the bolt's, however. Ripping it apart is essential to get to the bolt to lubricate it. It's fairly easy and straight-forward to do, so it isn't a burden of mass proportions.

jr1992
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
yea i know how to take it apart and stuff, but i was just wondering bout that asa thing. thnx for answering, i do have another question, when i was out shootin yester day it was bout 40 degrees i had liquid coming out of my barrel, i assume it was liquid co2 but i dk. can that hurt ur marker.

ooglieboogliebob
01-22-2007, 05:26 PM
It is deffinetely liquid Co2, and it will not hurt your marker.

There are a few ways to stop it though. You could anti-siphon your tank, or run a remote. Going LP would also help out.

jr1992
01-22-2007, 06:32 PM
yea. im gettin a HPA tank for my b-day.but could having a bent valve have ne thing to do with it. and will like a paintball store fix a bent valve if you buy a new one.

ooglieboogliebob
01-22-2007, 07:11 PM
bent valve as in the valve inside the gun, or the one on the co2?

If your talking about the top of the co2 tank. There should be no problem unless it leaks. Otherwise that would not be the cause.

To fix a bent valve it'd need to be replaced. I'd just suggest getting a new tank.

bigred76
01-22-2007, 09:17 PM
:yeahthat: If it's a bent valve for the tank... empty that tank immediately. I would not trust it one bit. Have your local paintball shop dispose of it properly, it's a goner. That is, unless you want to put a new valve on it... but in that case, you might as well just buy a whole new tank; they're the same price.

jr1992
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
its like 15 for a new valve. will the local paintball shop be able to fix it or am i screwed and just get another one.