PDA

View Full Version : CP Barrel

crupp
01-21-2007, 04:40 PM
I recently bought a 16' CP barrel. I seem to be chopping a ton of balls with this barrel. I thought it may be something other than the barrel so I put my sock barrel on and no problems. Any thoughts?

boomerisnuts
01-21-2007, 04:44 PM
my friend had the same problem with these barrels. idk what it could be though. get a j and j ceramic for $30.
boomer

vwjimmy
01-21-2007, 04:52 PM
What is the bore of your CP? Did you check and see how the paint you are using fits through the barrel? The stock barrel is pretty big so just about all paint will fit but most CP barrels are 'sized'....and yours could be a bit tight.
I have a few CP one piece bSpyder barrels and they are all .689 or smaller......check it out, and try to put a ball down it to see if it is the bore size.....

spyderaron
01-21-2007, 05:35 PM
You should do a paint to barrel match. The paint might be a little too big for that barrel. Try dropping a few balls down the barrel. If they drop right through, they're to small. If you can't get it to even go in the barrel... they might be a little big.

viperx6x9x
01-21-2007, 06:41 PM
just to add to that pretend your using a straw and spitwad, the concept is very similar. if the ball is too big, it ain't gonna slide through the barrel too well. only in the case of a paintball that could cause it to break. if the ball is too small you won't get near as much range or accuracy out of it. so stick a ball in it, and blow on it. you don't want the ball to just fall through the barrel, you more or less want it to get stuck yet take very little effort to blow it out.

crupp
01-24-2007, 10:53 AM
the problem was the cheap balls. I tried to put the cheap ball down the barrel and it wouldn't even break the plain of the end of the barrel. Thanks for all the responses

2noobs
03-05-2007, 08:28 AM
viper, how do you test all the balls to your barrel? we have limited paint supplies. im looking at a jj ceramic, any ideas on the rite paint?