PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton plans for White House

xtraking
01-21-2007, 03:49 PM
*OOOOOOOO FORTUNAAA*
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/20/clinton.announcement/index.html?section=cnn_latest

Oh boy... everybody saw it coming though

marvin-martian
01-21-2007, 04:15 PM
she wont make it

emf7301
01-21-2007, 04:16 PM
She's got a snowman's chance in hell in getting elected. :nododgy:

MVS1
01-21-2007, 04:51 PM
And the headlines read, "First women president....First assasinated women president", there are far too many radical militants that would be more than happy to help her get her name in the history books. For myself, well I've always considered living in Australia, if she gets elected I guess it will be time to hang up my military career and move on. There is noway I will call her Commander and Chief.

Victa_Balla
01-21-2007, 06:04 PM
She dosn't stand a chance against Obama. Commander and Chieftess.

Theheroguy
01-21-2007, 06:47 PM
what do you mean by cheiftess.....

silentpaintballfreak
01-21-2007, 06:58 PM
she is a girl so instead of chief it is cheiftess...

thechubbss12
01-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Personaly.... i would have no issue with a Female pres.... Even if she does seem kinda feeble...

It would be nice to have someone who isnt from texas in our white house....

Theheroguy
01-21-2007, 07:12 PM
oohh wasn't thinking I thought you were talking about Obama

silentpaintballfreak
01-21-2007, 07:13 PM
no more oil tycoons! i would vote for her but i will will be 2months young! not fair!

xtraking
01-21-2007, 07:18 PM
no more oil tycoons! i would vote for her but i will will be 2months young! not fair!
:rolleyes:

calebh
01-21-2007, 07:25 PM
It would be nice to have someone who isnt from texas in our white house....
you're just jealous :P

this should be interesting... a black man, a hispanic man, and a wo man all vieing for the democratic presidential nomination for an election still nearly two years off!!! :dodgy:

Muddytaco
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
If she wins I am moving to canada.

DRAGON
01-21-2007, 09:01 PM
If she wins I am moving to canada.....eh?

Fixt - :D

Drefish99
01-21-2007, 09:02 PM
She dosn't stand a chance against Obama. Commander and Chieftess.

She has already started the mud slinging with Obama by trying to bring in the public eye that Obama is a Muslim and has Hussein (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0612170457dec17,1,6421293.column?coll=chi-navrailnews-nav) as his middle name - http://mediamatters.org/items/200701200003

calebh
01-21-2007, 09:10 PM
ya, she just lost my vote... looks like i'll be writing myself in for prez, two years from now.

how about we talk about something more current, like venezuela's new dictator? a cookie to anyone who can name him without googling, and 2 cookies to anyone who can tell me why americans should care without googling

durrell
01-22-2007, 06:28 AM
Dude..caleb, we get it. You don't want to talk about one of the most important decisions for our future. That's ok. Just don't post here if you have such a problem with it..

Hillary won't get elected. Especially if she starts effing with Obama. I think the Republicans are kind of sitting back and chilling trying to see who is going to go for the Democratic nod before they let anything be known. Right now it's John Edwards, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, and that other Hispanic guy. I've seen polls showing 70 percent of Americans wouldn't vote for the first 3, and many have said that Obama needs more Senate experience before running. But out of all of the people listed, he would have the best chance.

vikingshadow
01-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Man, this morning all I could hear on the news channels was how Hillary wants to start a "dialogue" - just sit down and talk and get all cozy and let you know the "real" her.....BLECH!

I laughed my butt off when they said, "We're sick of 6 years of Bush administration." What about the miserable 8 years of the previous Clinton administration? Do we want ANOTHER 4 years of a Clinton, and one that's even worse than Bill was? Bill was crooked, way before the Monica thing (in my opinion, that was the best thing he did in office) but look at Hillary's past - she's MUCH worse and more evil than people have any idea of. The news had one thing right - every mention of Hillary in the past 20 years has been negative - from Whitewater, to moving to New York, to "not standing by her man" to her vote to allow Pres. Bush to go to war that she now says she was tricked into doing - yet I've actually heard people say they would vote for her JUST because she's a woman.

As far as it being two years down the road, the Iowa Caucaus is next year, and that's when it gets serious, BUT, you have to start thinking about it now. Woman for president? Sure, why not? Just not her! I wonder if the Dem's are shooting themselves in the foot by having so many people, so early, trying to run for president - kind of like the kid running to be first in line, then gets caught and has to go back to the end.

MadMan66
01-22-2007, 09:29 AM
i would vote for her but i will will be 2months young! not fair!

i'll be 1 month too young.

bigred76
01-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I get my fiorst opportunity to vote this year and it wont be for some dumbass chick named "Hilary." Why? Because she's not able to do what others would in case of a National Emergency (remember back in Isreal in the 1970's, anyone?), she's aimed towards entirely different things than I am, and personally, I don't think she knows how to handle war, having never served in one and not knowing what the **** it's like.

Obama... the prick has a good record... of ONE KEYNOTE SPEACH. What else has he done? From what I've seen, absolutely nothing. He can screw off too. I have no idea why people are pushing for him. Just because they like him and it'll make him the first black person in presidency doesn't make him a good candidate. Until I see some credentials from him, he doesn't get my vote either.

EDIT: how about we talk about something more current, like venezuela's new dictator? a cookie to anyone who can name him without googling, and 2 cookies to anyone who can tell me why americans should care without googling
Hugo Chavez, and his openly speaking out against America and it's "Devil" of a President. ;)

calebh
01-22-2007, 10:34 AM
Dude..caleb, we get it. You don't want to talk about one of the most important decisions for our future. That's ok. Just don't post here if you have such a problem with it..
one of the most important decisions, sure. right now the media is just excited because she said she'll run. right now, anyone could say they would run and they would get a little media exposure. it doesnt matter at this point to the majority of america. in about a year, the playing field will narrow down to those who have money to run on, and when the caucuses and primaries start, the field will be even more narrowed down. the media's acting like clinton and obama are the only two running for president, while the republicans still have an extremely difficult job of finding anyone willing to run and call themselves a republican. after 8 years of dubya, that could be political suicide. everyone knows the issues clinton will hit hard on, obama's too young and inexperienced for anyone to know how he'll fall, so we can assume he'll take the party line. what's new in this whole thing? i've been expecting clinton to run for a year now, and i knew obama was a possibility as soon as the media took up his banner. nothing new, let it go until there is something to report, and the primaries will definitely take care of that. or perhaps obama will decide to get behind some landmark legislation so he'll stand out as more than just a black senator with a good personality. on top of all that, there's the new mexico governor, who could end up being the first latino president, which the media talked about before going back to clinton

oh, im also predicting that at least one of the dems who doesn't get the nomination will run as an independant and get a significant portion of the vote. i think it will be clinton... this is less likely, but still a prediction. if that does happen, and the republicans can get a solid candidate, the republicans will win... i just want a huge "i told you so" moment in two years... ;)

xtraking
01-22-2007, 01:41 PM
I get my fiorst opportunity to vote this year and it wont be for some dumbass chick named "Hilary."

Hillary... ohhhh the ironing :)
Love ya tim.

bigred76
01-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Whatever Dave... haha... <3 back at ya!

Caleb, your post is almost an oxymoron. If this is unimportant at the moment, then why did you type so much about it as if it was? :confused:

BTW... I want my two (2) cookies. :)

druid
01-23-2007, 01:03 AM
well it only took her how long to break her promise to NY? Even for a Clinton, that's gotta be some kinda record...What promise will she break next?

Nader
01-23-2007, 02:26 AM
Caleb, your post is almost an oxymoron. If this is unimportant at the moment, then why did you type so much about it as if it was? :confused:

BTW... I want my two (2) cookies. :)

Hehe. Someone just got...

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2528/ownedshot0nj.jpg

:D

On topic:
Hillary=Bad

DFSniper
01-23-2007, 12:22 PM
i've been looking at the list of people who are/might be running, and so far the one that i would pick would probalby be Giuliani

druid
01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm going to write in myself.

I, being of more sound mind than all those running, would make a better President than any one of them...ESPECIALLY her...

Drefish99
01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Ok. If she just decided recently to run for president. Why is it in the video of her announcement to run is there tulips in the background? Isn't it winter in NY?
http://www.hillaryclinton.com/feature/video/?sc=8

Jimmyd24
01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=bigred76]I get my fiorst opportunity to vote this year and it wont be for some dumbass chick named "Hilary." QUOTE]

I have nothing wrong with someone saying something like this, but i know if i said the same thing about bush and how hes a dumbass, durrel would come in, like he always does and say he we dont need an ignorant person just hating on others, this is just political discussion not hate. but it seems to me that it only applies to a democrat when they talk about republicans, not when republicans talk about democrats. :confused:

calebh
01-23-2007, 03:53 PM
jimmy, welcome to the world :D. go somewhere like california and you'll find the exact opposite

Caleb, your post is almost an oxymoron. If this is unimportant at the moment, then why did you type so much about it as if it was?

BTW... I want my two (2) cookies.
that's a good question... my prediction, tho, i just want that huge "i told you so" moment lol

oh, i tried to email you the cookies. but when it said upload attachment, i couldnt fit the cookies into my CD drive :(

vikingshadow
01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Wait - I think I got those cookies! They were good, too!

durrell
01-23-2007, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=bigred76]I get my fiorst opportunity to vote this year and it wont be for some dumbass chick named "Hilary." QUOTE]

I have nothing wrong with someone saying something like this, but i know if i said the same thing about bush and how hes a dumbass, durrel would come in, like he always does and say he we dont need an ignorant person just hating on others, this is just political discussion not hate. but it seems to me that it only applies to a democrat when they talk about republicans, not when republicans talk about democrats. :confused:

Dude. Read your PMs. If you are honestly too stupid to see why you were warned in the first place, then you're a lost cause.

This thread is about Hillary, and our thoughts on Hillary. If this was a thread on Bush, then by all means you could come in and say what you please.

But when you come into gas price threads and other random threads just to show your hate, that is where you are spamming up others' threads.

I'm sorry if this is so hard for you to understand.

vikingshadow
01-23-2007, 06:48 PM
Whoooo Hoooo! Gas is a 1.99 a gallon here! First time under 2.00 in over two years...so much for "The republicans only did that so that they will get elected" business!

Oh, sorry! Back to Billary. I really think that in two years, people will see she's not the candidate - and honestly, I hope they realize that sooner.

Drefish99
01-23-2007, 08:05 PM
I would love to see how the media will play into this Obama vs. Clinton. You know Obama is the media's baby and it seems a lot of them are backing him but you can never underestimate the Clinton machine. You know they have body counts under their belt.

vikingshadow
01-24-2007, 04:31 AM
Shoot, it's pretty obvious that The Today Show on NBC is backing Billary. That new anchor Meredith is so blatant in her disdain for Bush it's pretty pathetic. All week, all she's done is sing the praises of that woman!

Matt, on the other hand, is at least more sneaky - he tends to play the Devil's Advocate. Honestly, the Today Show has gone downhill since Katie left. But that's off topic.

It's a long haul yet, and I honestly think that Billary's campaign is going to turn her into another Clinton lie - friendly, warm and cozy my eye! What's that old saying? Warm hands, cold heart? Well, her hands must be on fire!

DRAGON
01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
......... but you can never underestimate the Clinton machine. You know they have body counts under their belt.

....and um......cigars in their pockets lol - :smirk:

Halucin8
01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
the only thing that scares me is that every democrat is running on raising taxes. including hillary which is scary by itself then on top of that she is going to take even more money out of my pocket. what will be next guns?

Drefish99
01-24-2007, 06:46 PM
the only thing that scares me is that every democrat is running on raising taxes. including hillary which is scary by itself then on top of that she is going to take even more money out of my pocket. what will be next guns?

That my friend is a given. Democratic fundamental idolatry is that we don't know what to do with our money and it would be better that they have it to spend for us "wisely".

calebh
01-24-2007, 08:20 PM
would you rather have bush's funny math? the US is in the hole $8.68 trillion (http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/), and the republican congress keeps raising the cap. its been raised twice since 04. bush's budget of 04 with a record $521 billion deficit was probly the reason for the first. maybe the dems will do a better job of conserving national resources than the conservatives :nododgy:

which do you want? war or lower taxes? can't have both

EDIT: did a little more research, and found it very interesting that while the US debt is multiple trillions, there's not even $1 trillion in circulation. economically, im not entirely sure of the effects. ive only been taking the class for like 2 weeks lol.

DRAGON
01-24-2007, 09:07 PM
which do you want? war or lower taxes? can't have both

Neither, I wanna win teh lottery and give the government 1/2 of it. I'll bet they wouldn't even give me a complementary jar of Vaseline no matter which side of the aisle was running the country -

What people fail to realize is, both parties are contending for the same result. They are the exact same machine but have different agenda's. Both will gather and spend as much of your money as possible within their reign. The reason that there are 2 parties(or more) is because we/they must have someone to compete/argue with. Just as we would be bored as hell if all of us thought and looked exactly alike, politics would be boring as hell if there was only one party with no one to argue with. Kin ai git an AMEN?!!! - :D

Halucin8
01-25-2007, 03:45 AM
just some food for thought. we went to war with england over paying less taxes than we do now. i want the government out ofmy life. we spend 13 billion on the poor and needy every year and there are 13 million poor and needy that qualify. do the math were is my money going there not where it is supposed to

vikingshadow
01-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Nah, we didn't go to war with England over paying less taxes. We went to war because we were being taxed without a voice in parliment. (I've been teaching an American Revolution unit for 5 years now and we just finished discussing this last week! :P)

Personally, I never pay that much attention to the tax part of the political equation. Like was said, both sides tax people, it's just the idea of what they are putting the taxes towards. There are a lot of other, more juicy subjects to talk about than that particular aspect!

calebh
01-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Nah, we didn't go to war with England over paying less taxes. We went to war because we were being taxed without a voice in parliment. (I've been teaching an American Revolution unit for 5 years now and we just finished discussing this last week! :P)!
there you go :P

personally, i think it was more the difference between the relative freedom the colonists enjoyed and the mild crackdown the british imposed. the colonists had it good compared to englishmen at the time, even witout representation. but you can't give a freedom and then take it away without making some big fuss.

halucin8, where would you rather that money go? into your own pockets? would you be willing to take responsibility for 13 million american deaths?