PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had any problems with this type of paint?

Jason
01-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Monsterballs...I bought them from Wal Mart. Have any of you had problems with it? Bad quality paint?

Triple xXx
01-21-2007, 07:49 AM
The question is, have you had any problems with the paint? Or are you thinking about buy it?

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=8379

Jason
01-21-2007, 07:59 AM
The question is, have you had any problems with the paint? Or are you thinking about buy it?

No problems, atleast visually, I have yet to open my gun up.
But I've found these paintballs for the same price as the wal mart balls. [/URL]

I'm assuming the ones with the spyder logo are better.

edit: [url]http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-2954_2958_2960/product-4150/paintballs-2000-round-cases-kingman-kingman-kingman-2000-round-black-label.html?zenid=2568f16134fcfcebf55ea6ce32c05890 (http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-2954_2958_2960/product-4150/paintballs-2000-round-cases-kingman-kingman-kingman-2000-round-black-label.html?zenid=2568f16134fcfcebf55ea6ce32c05890)

clickclicksplat
01-21-2007, 08:26 AM
I like Monster Balls. At $30 a crate, it's some of the cheapest paint out there but it still performs fairly well. I get bounces occasionally with them, but it's not really a huge problem. I've never (knock on wood) chopped or broken one in a barrel. Only complaint I have is the fill, it's yellow but pretty crappy. It's perfectly fine for rec play and woodsball though.

Haven't gotten a chance to shoot any of the new spyder balls yet, though I'd certainly like to - hopefully the fill's a little better.

Halucin8
01-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Every box of monster balls that i have bought has been well below my already low standards for paint. pick up a handfull and I have had mnore than half dented. mismatched sizes some bigger than others. and get lots of bounces. they do not like to break. there are fields that have banned them because they do not break and leave nsty welts. timmyshoota has a review of the spyder paint and he seems to like them alot for rec/practice paint but the fill is a little thin he said.

spyderaron
01-21-2007, 09:09 AM
All my friend uses is Monsterballs. They are ok, I used them in my friends ion and they worked fine. They would have worked better if his dad didn't put some busted ones in the rest of the paintballs. Ive had some of them bounce, which cost me the game.

They're ok, but I'd rather use something else.

bigred76
01-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Every box of monster balls that i have bought has been well below my already low standards for paint. pick up a handfull and I have had mnore than half dented. mismatched sizes some bigger than others. and get lots of bounces. they do not like to break. there are fields that have banned them because they do not break and leave nsty welts. timmyshoota has a review of the spyder paint and he seems to like them alot for rec/practice paint but the fill is a little thin he said.
:yeahthat: The thin fill is fine for whenever you're playing with more trustworthy people who call themselves out.

I've used Monsterballs a couple times thinking they would get better... they don't. Go to your local proshop and buy anything there. Even the white-box is better than Monsterballs!

Jason
01-21-2007, 12:34 PM
What other type of Wal Mart ball has a good fill and has a high break rate?

Halucin8
01-21-2007, 12:40 PM
I use the visible impact and love it. the recon that they sell have been giving me and afew others alot of barrel breaks at high rates of fire. the big balls they sell i have only used 1 box of 1000 and had pretty good results with that also but they do not sell it in 2000 round cases atleast at my walmart. the strikers are ok but run real small. the guys with flatline barrel love'em but i do not have a barrel that fits them and have to turn my velocity way up. my walmart also sells xball but they want $14 a bag of 500 and a little expensive for me. hope this helps. others may have more to add.

avantpaintballer99
01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
dude its walmart paint its all at about the same level -sucky
you can buy paint thats just as good that has been actually taken care of for around the same price at most paintball shops

vwjimmy
01-21-2007, 01:41 PM
We like to test our markers here at home with paint and Monster Balls work fine....just have to make sure they havent been on the shelf forever and use them pretty soon after you buy them......
We play with Nelson paint that you just can't get at Wally World....

emf7301
01-21-2007, 03:32 PM
My friend uses monster balls when we go play. We always throw them at the ground and laugh when they bounce like 20 feet up in the air. Yea, the fill is pretty thin too. You could easily wipe and virtually no evidence be left, not saying i do that though.

If i'm in a pinch, I'll get scorch from walmart. It's pretty decent and has a nice bright pink fill. I've never had any problems with broken paint in the bag either.

Usually i'll buy xball bronze from the local paintball store, it's $45 bucks but it's really good for the price. Shell doesn't break when you drop it but will when you throw it at the ground. The fill is good too, not thin but not really thick like evil paint.

Jason
01-22-2007, 02:47 AM
The paint at my field is $65 a case. That's a little steep... so I'm seeing if there are any other 'cheap' (money wise) paintballs.

Sandman_Bravo
01-22-2007, 03:41 AM
Click here:

bamf-hacker
01-22-2007, 04:25 AM
OK here is the deal....

No paintballs are really bad, per-say. What is bad is how they are stored and transported.

Wal-Mart buys paint in HUGE quantities and then sends it to all of there stores. During that time the paint is not stored in a climate controlled area, not rotated and not babied by any means.

If you happen to get to the store and get a case that has just come off the truck, you will most likely have some decent paint to play with. Is it worth the risk, not really. Pay a little more and get paint from a reputable source.

If you are buying paint from a store, they would probably give you a discount if you buy a lot at once. Talk to friends and other players and share the cost of paint.

bigred76
01-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Visible Impact is made by ProCaps... I hope you aren't saying that ProCaps puts out the ****tiest paint on the face of this planet that pros will shoot but isn't good enough for a common consumer? :confused:

bracer028
01-22-2007, 09:45 AM
just spend another 5 bucks and get urself some domination balls.

if you're that stingy, just save up for a pump and you'd never have to worry about price of balls anymore.

spyderpaintball
01-22-2007, 10:27 AM
OK here is the deal....

No paintballs are really bad, per-say. What is bad is how they are stored and transported.

I disagree. We had some National White Box at our store that was horrible. I have never seen paint that bad in my life.

Now I agree and will reiterate the rest of your statements.

Big chains sell paint cheap becuase they buy pallets of paint at a time and get very good deals by doing this. However the storage of that paint is not good. Non-temp controled warehouses, long turnover of paint, and a general lack of care that goes into the storage and resale of paint at large chain stores. They also do not buy the best paints available. Instead they go with cheap paint that they can get the best margin on. While this paint isnt terrible to begin with after storage the paint is pretty bad.

However at your local store they play the sport and know how to handle the paint as well as they know what kinds of paints to buy. I will use my store as an example and I would hazard to guess most are similar:

All of our paint comes directly from a regional warehouse to our store which is kept at a constant temp. We only order a limited number of cases so that turnover is fairly rapid which can be as little as a week for some of the more popular paints. That means the paint goes from the production to you in only about 1-2 weeks compared to a 1+ months at a chain. We also choose what brands we sell based on quality. We could proboly sell cheap Wal-Mart paint but instead all of paint is of a higher quality.

That is not to say that paint at your store has to be expensive. It most likely will cost more than your average Wal-Mart paint but your satisfaction will also be much higher.

In the end here is my ranking of cheap paints that I approve of:
PMI Stinger (Best seconds shell around)
PMI White Box (Not National)
NPS Heat (Ok shell is thick and not always round but it is decent)
X-Ball Bronze (Only shot it once but it was decent)