PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the VS2's trigger?

DRAGON
01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I have been seeing some people mention where they could get a new trigger for their VS2. Besides the little wobbliness(new word) I don't think they're half bad. I've only dry fired mine thus far but this thing rips -

I basically have the trigger set on the micro-switch arm pushed in a little just before the point of activation. I could practically blow on it to make it shoot with absolutely no bounce at all. I've tried my best to get it to bounce with no luck. On the contrary with my MR2....it bounces like crazy even with the trigger backed out from the switch arm. That may have something to do with the lower operating pressure of the VS -

I've just been d i c kering at 250psi but have not chronographed it yet. The side-to-side wobble on this thing is about 1/16" which aint too good but besides that, the trigger is a good design and seems to makes it easier for me to shoot faster. For a mass produced trigger I'd say it aint half bad at all. I may have a plan on how to tighten up the wobble besides the spacer trick that somewhat binds the trigger up a little. I have to look for some materials first. When/if I ever get around to it I'll post it here -

All in all, I doubt I'll be looking for a different trigger for this marker. I think it's pretty decent the way it is. Looks as though they've finally strayed away from those crappy heavy cast triggers and moved into a better direction -

kenangelamuna
01-20-2007, 07:15 PM
nothing is wrong with the trigger. Some people just have to customize there marker to make them different then others.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't dodge the swear filter. :dodgy:

If the trigger wobbles, find an old, scratched CD and cut a square out of it. Drill a hole in it the size of the trigger pin. Sand it down so it's just wide enough for the gap that causes the trigger to wobble. Install that next to the trigger on the trigger pin. /problem ;)

I personally don't see anything wrong with the design: it's essentially the same as the wave trigger made by CP. I love that trigger on almost any marker, and can't see how someone could complain about it.

ooglieboogliebob
01-21-2007, 05:58 AM
hm... rather than wasting all that time on sanding you could probably just shim it with thick paper and put a hole through it with a hole puncher.

druid
01-21-2007, 08:55 AM
the BEST washers I've ever used to shim a trigger pin were made from the plastic bubble that surrounds a new alkaline 9V battery. Use a paper punch to make the disc and then an X-Acto knife to make the center hole. Make 4. Pull the pin and slide them in one at a time...test. These are also unaffected by oils so adding a drop to the hinge pin won't degrade the plastic like it would a paper shim.

kenangelamuna
01-21-2007, 01:11 PM
hm... rather than wasting all that time on sanding you could probably just shim it with thick paper and put a hole through it with a hole puncher.

I think this would wear out quickly with use. The plastic battery case would be a better fix

vwjimmy
01-21-2007, 01:29 PM
the BEST washers I've ever used to shim a trigger pin were made from the plastic bubble that surrounds a new alkaline 9V battery. Use a paper punch to make the disc and then an X-Acto knife to make the center hole. Make 4. Pull the pin and slide them in one at a time...test. These are also unaffected by oils so adding a drop to the hinge pin won't degrade the plastic like it would a paper shim.
Totally awesome idea!!!!! Bravo D!

ooglieboogliebob
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM

Was about to mention that, but i didn't know what it was. The alkaline 9V plastic wrappings are way too thin IMO. I'd probably use something thicker, though if you shim it too much it will seize to move or cause a lot of friction. All i can say is find what you can ??

DRAGON
01-21-2007, 03:06 PM
My plan is a bit different than simply using a washer. It involves using a technique I used for attaching pistons to rods on a car engine. It involves freezing one part and heating the other. One contracts and the other expands. Once you fit them together they fuse to each other fitting perfectly. As I mentioned I need to first find out if I can even find the right sized materials. I thought of doing this in the past with stock Spyder triggers but I wasn't too enthused with anything they put out before. Since this one aint half bad I may take the time to pursue this small project. It may sound elaborate but it's quite simple and should take very little funds to accomplish -

bigred76
01-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Sounds interesting. Could you possibly take pictures so I can see how you're doing it? I can think of several ways, but you obviously have experience behind your methods.