View Full Version : Help with aka bolt

01-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I just bought a aka lightning bolt I got it in the mail and I can install it on my gun because there is no way for the bolt to connect to the striker do I have to buy this separate if so where can I get one cheap? also is there any way i can make a cocking rod of my own instead on buying one? any help would help thanks!:D

01-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Ah, you need the bolt pin. Try contacting AKA about it. They might be able to help you get one.

01-20-2007, 06:55 PM
whynot remove the one from your bolt and put it in the aka lightning bolt. it should be held in place by a set screw on the side of the bolt.

01-20-2007, 07:45 PM
you have to remove it from your old bolt, the cocking rod I got through AKA and comes with the beavertail.

However, the pre-tapped holes AKA made in the bolt were crap, Take your time so you do not cross the threads on the set screw and also when you connect the rod.

I jsut got mine a few weeks ago and love it so far!!! Now to find a low pressure valve.

01-26-2007, 12:02 PM
i took the bolt pin out my electra acs and when i screwed in the set screw it on the aka lightning bolt it wouldn't hold the bolt pin set screw never hit the bolt pin so help me out please.

01-27-2007, 06:26 AM
hence the word "CRAP" ^ I ended up getting some oil and screwing the set screw in, removing it, turning it in more and more till it went through. Lucky for me I did not strip the screw. I would suggest buying the correct thread tap and doing it correctly. I was just in a hurry!! Hope that helps, I know exactly what you meen!! ;)

01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
there's supposed to be a screw in the back (rear cocking rod) to hold the pin

01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
So you need a rear cocking rod to put the bolt pin in. I thought you didn't need a rear cocking rod and you could just put the bolt pin in to put in the lightning bolt. if i took the cocking pin off my electra acs do i need a rear cocking rod.