PDA

View Full Version : Guns Chopping Like Crazy still

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Alright well heres the deal with my gun. I replaced the detents with timmy detents and got a Alamo City Bolt with a clipped stock spring. I got the CCM feed neck adapter with a Fasta hopper. I'm still chopping like crazy. I start to walk the trigger, maybe get 5 shots out and I chop. I'm getting very irritated with this gun. Anything else that might be problematic with these guns? Does anyone make an eye for it that I can use? I'm just getting tired with this gun. Maybe I should start investing even more into my Ion.
-adam-

wylde01
01-20-2007, 03:36 PM
well i know that you can get the t-board that has eyes and then have someone drill or tap for eyes. other than that i dont know what your problem could be??? it sounds weird that you are having these probs when you've done so much.

kidonfire
01-20-2007, 03:42 PM
What kind of hopper do you have? If you still have the gravity fed hopper, then you will probably chop. Are you using old paint? Have you dropped a ball down the barrel to see if it is too big? the paint you're using may be too big for the barrel and it expodes in the barrel.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Alright well heres the deal with my gun. I replaced the detents with timmy detents and got a Alamo City Bolt with a clipped stock spring. I got the CCM feed neck adapter with a Fasta hopper. I'm still chopping like crazy. I start to walk the trigger, maybe get 5 shots out and I chop. I'm getting very irritated with this gun. Anything else that might be problematic with these guns? Does anyone make an eye for it that I can use? I'm just getting tired with this gun. Maybe I should start investing even more into my Ion.
-adam-

Do not spend another dime on this marker; I went through the same thing on an MR2 I bought. Spent money, talked with Kingman they sent new parts. Nothing stopped the agressive chopping. Even tried the best paint on the market, still chopped after like 5 or 6 shots. Finally gave up sold it and moved on. Not sure what the issue really was, but I do know that for what I spent to fix it I could have had a really nice marker outta the box. Not to mention the down time during play to clean things up. uuurrrggggg.

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Do not spend another dime on this marker; I went through the same thing on an MR2 I bought. Spent money, talked with Kingman they sent new parts. Nothing stopped the agressive chopping. Even tried the best paint on the market, still chopped after like 5 or 6 shots. Finally gave up sold it and moved on. Not sure what the issue really was, but I do know that for what I spent to fix it I could have had a really nice marker outta the box. Not to mention the down time during play to clean things up. uuurrrggggg.
As tempting as that sounds I want to get this marker working. I have other markers I can use when this gun is down and money isn't really an issue right now. If I got a eframe from a MR3 will it work on our guns? Also will it have an eye on it?
-adam-

darth massacre
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Do not spend another dime on this marker; I went through the same thing on an MR2 I bought.
I've posted it before, I've seen a dude who got so frustrated with it that he sold it and bought an A5. He had fun with it and it was really cool seeing that stupid grin on his face. On the other hand mine worked well - it didn't when I got my long barrel on, but it worked great with stock barrel. ACS worked fine, HPA seems to smooth the gun out a lot, now I just have to see if the alamocity bolt works too.

If its still giving you a headache, maybe you got the short end of the stick. It might be wiser to move on :D

ooglieboogliebob
01-20-2007, 07:58 PM
hmm... i'd have to say turn the PSI/FPS down. Maybe get a spring kit. My only thought at this moment is the pressure being too high making the balls break.

wylde01
01-20-2007, 08:12 PM
very true. i dont know why i did not think of that. if you have a chrono you might want to check that. or go to a local field.

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Actually I play a lot of close quarter combat, so I usually keep my fps afround 255-265.

emf7301
01-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I know this sounds pretty simple but have you broken in your ACS bolt yet? I had the same problem with my ACS bolt in my pilot at first but after i took it out and compressed it about 1000 times i didn't have any trouble with chopping anymore.

Another possibility is the offset feedneck causing a bottleneck at the bend. Since it isn't a straight feed and the fasta isn't a true force-feed hopper (as far as i know), the balls are relying on gravity and the bend is slowing down their feedrate.

First make sure your ACS bolt is broken in and see if that solves your problem. If not, you might try investing in a force feed hopper (halo b, empire b, vlocity, pulse) to overcome that bottleneck.

Hopefully that'll solve your problems.

calebh
01-20-2007, 09:25 PM
guessing from drago's review of the fasta, it is a force feed hopper, so my guess is that the hopper is pushing paint past the detents

just a guess

ooglieboogliebob
01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
if it's passing the detents try double timmy detents by milling the other side of the gun.

Does it chop when your firing slow ??

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
no it doesn't. I don't have an ACS bolt anymore either. I have the Alamo City Bolt.

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm going to call Kingman on monday and see if it's possible to purchase a MR3 board with eye and see if that solves my problem.

Hob Hayward
01-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Hmm, only problem I can think of that hasn't been tested is a possibility of kingman having made the ID of the upper tube larger than it should have been (yay crappy Chinese workmanship). the issue here is that when the barrel is too small for the body, you get these random air flows capable of breaking a ball in the gun. Its a weird phenomenon, don't ask me to explain it, but it was an issue with the ACS bolt when it first came out, it was in issue with my brothers mongoose aswell, no matter what he did, nothing fixed the issue till he had a new body.

I would have assumed that the Alamo City bolt would resolve it it, but who knows. My last question is running co2, and is it cold where you are, both could contribute to shrinking the bolt and increasing the possibilities of this happening. Contact kingman and maybe they'd give you a new body, or a whole new gun.

BOOstGhost
01-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Hmm, only problem I can think of that hasn't been tested is a possibility of kingman having made the ID of the upper tube larger than it should have been (yay crappy Chinese workmanship). the issue here is that when the barrel is too small for the body, you get these random air flows capable of breaking a ball in the gun. Its a weird phenomenon, don't ask me to explain it, but it was an issue with the ACS bolt when it first came out, it was in issue with my brothers mongoose aswell, no matter what he did, nothing fixed the issue till he had a new body.

I would have assumed that the Alamo City bolt would resolve it it, but who knows. My last question is running co2, and is it cold where you are, both could contribute to shrinking the bolt and increasing the possibilities of this happening. Contact kingman and maybe they'd give you a new body, or a whole new gun.
I'm using HPA so CO2 not a problem. I bought the gun used so I don't think Kingman can fix anything:( Maybe I should try putting thicker o rings on the bolt?

Hob Hayward
01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Might be worth a shot. If you have some dow33 or other grease, try lubing the bolt with that, its usually quite effective in improving the seal.

MVS1
01-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Have you tried running a Halo B, Reloader, Vlocity or pulse on it? I know a couple of guys that were having the same issue using eggs and TSA's and when they went to a higher level loader the problem went away. Nothing against the Fasta, but if you know anybody with any of these hoppers it might be worth a try.

Redheadfred
01-21-2007, 07:10 AM
I use a fasta most of the time , used a halo a few times too and it still chopped ! But amazingly yesterday I played used about 1500 balls and no chops . Guess it was in a good mood or something

Glasher
01-21-2007, 08:27 AM
Well we know Fasta ain't the best force feed hopper out their either, but where does your ball chop ? Barrel ? Feedneck ?

emf7301
01-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Like I had suggested before and MVS has too, try a halo b, empire b, vlocity and see if that stops your chopping problem. I don't know about the fasta but i know those loaders put tension on the stack so that the next paintball is automatically forced down until the loader can spin and reload the tension.

You might also try putting a very light coat of dow33 on the angle of the feedneck so that the paintballs might slide easier down into the chamber.

Redheadfred
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
chops back up into the neck

MVS1
01-21-2007, 03:57 PM
You could always LP it, that might get you were you want to go. Lower operating pressure is easier on the paint (hitting the ball with~300 psi versus 700+) and is alot of fun working with your marker and getting to know it VERY intimately. Just a thought.

Glasher
01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
chops back up into the neck

Thats a blowback prob, are your bolt o-ringed ? If yes then do what that guy said LP set up shoudl deff cure your prob.

emf7301
01-21-2007, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about LP curing your chopping problem. My pilot is lp and it still chops occasionally, usually when my reloader B is low and it doesn't have any tension on the stack, but i'm gonna fix that with a t-board and eyes.

From everything that's been discussed, i think either a fast loader that puts tension on the stack or an anti-chop system, whether that be an ACS bolt or eyes, is needed to fix your problem. My suggestion is try a different loader first because you can use that on other guns as well if you upgrade.

BOOstGhost
01-22-2007, 10:20 AM
where can I buy a LP kit?

The Booth Man
01-22-2007, 02:52 PM
where can I buy a LP kit?

Low Pressure Kit:

-Regulator w/gauge
-Spring Kit
-A decent bolt.

All you really need to do is drop the pressure to below 600 psi. That should take care of most of the excess blowback. You don't need to get a spiffy new valve, and I definately wouldn't recommend cutting, grinding, or sanding anything since you want to maintain a good resale value on the marker.
(Sadly, others might not appreciate those fancy upgrades as much as we do.)

I was able to get my marker to chrono at 295 fps at 450 psi with the stock striker spring, and a weaker valve spring. No other changes.

If this doesn't work, I recommend selling you marker.

Good Luck!

Eli

BOOstGhost
01-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Low Pressure Kit:

-Regulator w/gauge
-Spring Kit
-A decent bolt.

All you really need to do is drop the pressure to below 600 psi. That should take care of most of the excess blowback. You don't need to get a spiffy new valve, and I definately wouldn't recommend cutting, grinding, or sanding anything since you want to maintain a good resale value on the marker.
(Sadly, others might not appreciate those fancy upgrades as much as we do.)

I was able to get my marker to chrono at 295 fps at 450 psi with the stock striker spring, and a weaker valve spring. No other changes.

If this doesn't work, I recommend selling you marker.

Good Luck!

Eli
I'd rather not get rid of the marker. I just want it to work. I'm going to try my friends Halo B tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't work then i'm putting it back to stock and selling it. Maybe get a MR3.

emf7301
01-23-2007, 08:46 AM
Let us know how it goes with the Halo B. I think you'll see significantly less chops. Good luck.

chagrinback49
01-27-2007, 08:19 AM
what kind of regulator would you reccomend to go LP

The Booth Man
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
what kind of regulator would you reccomend to go LP

Palmers Stabilizer or Bob Long Torpedo if you are using Co2

lucifer_sam
01-27-2007, 07:42 PM
-adam-

Your operating pressure is too high for the chamber to function correctly. The blowback is literally shattering your paint inside the feedneck. Replace the volumizer with a reg capable of delivering 400-450 psi. The Bob Long Torpedo should suffice, but it won't fit into the carry handle housing and you need to adapt it for a macro. However, an LP system can be a little costly for such a low-market gun. Just use your Ion.

I personally intend to get a new one just to ensure that it will work.

The Booth Man
01-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Your operating pressure is too high for the chamber to function correctly. The blowback is literally shattering your paint inside the feedneck. Replace the volumizer with a reg capable of delivering 400-450 psi. The Bob Long Torpedo should suffice, but it won't fit into the carry handle housing and you need to adapt it for a macro. However, an LP system can be a little costly for such a low-market gun. Just use your Ion.

I personally intend to get a new one just to ensure that it will work.

For those of you who use a remote line, you can fit a regulator under the gripframe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuqVbHmqb64

BOOstGhost
01-28-2007, 04:14 PM
I bought a MR3 and going to make it into a MR2.5. I'm going to use the MR2 shroud, foregrip handle, ccm feedneck adapter, my custom "shorty" barell, and reverse bottle setup on the MR3. All I have to do is figure out a way to make some covers for the eyes. I'll post pics whenever I get it in the mail.
-adam-