PDA

View Full Version : can one build an aftermarket halo

Theheroguy
01-20-2007, 01:05 PM
could I build a halo of all aftermarket parts because it seem like you can buy every part for the halo

bigred76
01-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes, you can. It'd be difficult, but possible. The only really tricky part is the motor, but those are available from any hobby shop that does RC stuff. You'll need:

Shells w/ lid and screws
Board w/ eyes
Back plate (go to www.softears.com for one, they're cheap there.)
Drive cone
Feed Gate (no real technical name for this peice... it's just the blue part on a Halo)
Motor w/ gears (X-Mods or similar...)
Misc Wiring
Catch Cup
Drive Axel

shunut
01-20-2007, 01:37 PM
I've researched it and its not cost effective. Your better off just buying a Halo.

wbpaintball
01-20-2007, 01:39 PM
You probaly could but you might wanna compare the price of the halo which is like 140 to all of the parts youd have to buy to assemble one by yourself counting screws and everything else

bigred76
01-20-2007, 01:42 PM
A :yeahthat: to Josh... I just checked up on all those parts and you might as well buy an upgraded Halo with broken shells and get a new pair of Suicide shells. Didn't realize how quickly those little parts added up... gofigure.

Theheroguy
01-20-2007, 01:46 PM
okay thanks everyone

leed
01-20-2007, 09:04 PM
So you know, should you choose to buy all the pieces, you must find the gear and belt assembly from somewhere, they will not be easy to find, however.

With that in mind, yes, it's cheaper to buy a halo, than piece one together.

However, what you can do, is a lot of people sell the whole catch-cup assembly (Drive cone, springs, spring cup, drive axel, gear assembly, belt assembly, catch cup, eye cover/feedgate, motor/wires) together, for relatively cheap. Then all you have to do is buy the eyes/harness, some shells, and a board/backplate. It will be relatively cheap, especially because you can probably buy all that from the same person, minus one part thats missing or something of the like.

But you also have to find that person first.. Hahaha.

wbpaintball
01-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I went online and found most of the Halo loader parts on one site which is pretty conveinient rather than buying parts from different sites. Here is the site: http://www.bradyspaintball.com/hablopa.html

Some of the parts are not currently in stock but i was just showing you that it probaly is possible to build an aftermarket Halo.

I took the time to add up all of the prices of the parts which includes:
-Halo body kit, $62
-Halo feed cone, $30
-Drive wheel, $18
-Belt drive, $50
-Eyes, $10
-Housing, $15
-Loader motor, $12
-Lid, $9
-Screws, $5
-Circut board, $23
The total price for all of these parts is: $234

As you can see the $140 for the Halo is a better deal then the $234 to buy and assemble the parts. So if you're looking to buy a Halo buy it in the box. haha BUT if you like a challenge and wanna waste some time, buy all of the partshave fun!