PDA

View Full Version : My spyder is shooting too fast

Jason
01-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I bought a spyder victor, and when I was chrono-ing it, it came out to 413. It rarely dipped below 400. How do I fix this?

- I'm using co2 if that matters

Hossy
01-20-2007, 11:16 AM
lol, when i read this, i was like woah, shooting too fast? everyone wants theres to go faster, but you want to slow down?

For the velocity, theres a velocity adjuster on the back of the gun....and turn it until it goes down and down when you are cronoing it.

Welcome to the forums! remember to check out the Spyder Bible... www.ottersccustoms.com!

Jason
01-20-2007, 11:19 AM
lol, when i read this, i was like woah, shooting too fast? everyone wants theres to go faster, but you want to slow down?

For the velocity, theres a velocity adjuster on the back of the gun....and turn it until it goes down and down when you are cronoing it.

Welcome to the forums! remember to check out the Spyder Bible... www.ottersccustoms.com!

No, I want to play with at OA (a paintball place) and their chrono limit is 290. T.T

I tried the knob on the back, it shot at 190 then jumped back up to 400.

No, I haven't opened it at all..

Hossy
01-20-2007, 11:30 AM
No, I want to play with at OA (a paintball place) and their chrono limit is 290. T.T

I tried the knob on the back, it shot at 190 then jumped back up to 400.

No, I haven't opened it at all..

Outdoor adventures?

I live in Maryland :)
Id suggest oiling the gun, and maybe cutting the spring on the back of the gun

Jason
01-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Outdoor adventures?

I live in Maryland :)
Id suggest oiling the gun, and maybe cutting the spring on the back of the gun

O rly?

I have gun oil (I recieved some at OA during Battle of the Buldge :D), but I don't know exactly how to clean / oil it.

How far do I cut the spring?

Hossy
01-20-2007, 11:37 AM
im not sure about the spring, so wait until someone else who has done it before tell you how to do it....

To oil it, put the oil in the asa, and then but the co2 on, and fire the gun....

dont put alot of paint in it tho

Jason
01-20-2007, 11:39 AM
im not sure about the spring, so wait until someone else who has done it before tell you how to do it....

To oil it, put the oil in the asa, and then but the co2 on, and fire the gun....

dont put alot of paint in it tho

asa?

What do you mean by dont put alot of paint in it tho

Hossy
01-20-2007, 11:51 AM
lol i ment oil, not paint....

asa is where your tank screws onto

Jason
01-20-2007, 12:02 PM
lol i ment oil, not paint....

asa is where your tank screws onto

That the only place I need to oil?

bigred76
01-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes, by putting oil thru there you allow it to go through the valve and oils the essential parts.

As far as your gun shooting too fast, I'd personally get a spring kit and mess with those. A harder valve spring and lighter main spring'd do the trick, or mebbe even just a lighter main spring.

To cut it, if you choose to do that, just take a pair of wire cutters and snip off a couple coils. Not too much, mind you. Take off two coils, then see where it's at with the adjuster all the way out. Keep snipping off a coil until you hit the 260fps range.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

Jason
01-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Yes, by putting oil thru there you allow it to go through the valve and oils the essential parts.

As far as your gun shooting too fast, I'd personally get a spring kit and mess with those. A harder valve spring and lighter main spring'd do the trick, or mebbe even just a lighter main spring.

To cut it, if you choose to do that, just take a pair of wire cutters and snip off a couple coils. Not too much, mind you. Take off two coils, then see where it's at with the adjuster all the way out. Keep snipping off a coil until you hit the 260fps range.

Welcome to the boards, by the way!

k ^_^

bigred76
01-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I have to caution you about oiling through your ASA, though... I just thought about it after I posted. You will need to rip apart your marker to make sure that it's oiled well every once in a while (I personally do it after every day of play, just to make sure everything will work smoothly for the next use), and oil the bolt o-rings. The drop-in-the-ASA method will work for the striker, but the bolt not so much. Just a side-note that I remembered.

Jason
01-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I have to caution you about oiling through your ASA, though... I just thought about it after I posted. You will need to rip apart your marker to make sure that it's oiled well every once in a while (I personally do it after every day of play, just to make sure everything will work smoothly for the next use), and oil the bolt o-rings. The drop-in-the-ASA method will work for the striker, but the bolt not so much. Just a side-note that I remembered.

Ripping it apart is beyond me, know a place where I can find some directions?

Hossy
01-20-2007, 02:51 PM
your manuel has a exploded view....that will help.

Or just ask us
Directions:
First take out cocking knob
Take out the pin holding the internals in. Beware, because of the springs will fly out, so you want to aim the gun down to the floor when you do that.

Now oil the orings (the little rubberish things) on the striker and bolt.

Put stuff back, the bolt goes by itself in the top slot. In the bottom it goes in this order: Striker, Spring,strikerbuffer, little black piece, and then the backplate.... Hold in all in and put the pin back in that holds the internals together and you got it!
Do use the exploded view to help, it is a nice resource

bigred76
01-20-2007, 03:52 PM
:yeahthat: The only thing I do differently is that I hold the rear cap to the body while pulling the pin (after removing the cotter) and slowly let off the tention until there is none left. Voila! No more flying internals!

ooglieboogliebob
01-20-2007, 09:57 PM
haha. Make sure when you put oil down the ASA you take the barrel off and dryfire it a dozen times. No one likes oil in your barrel.

Also when cutting the spring after cutting about two rings off, cut quarter of a spring at a time until you get your desired FPS. Probably around 275FPS.

Springkit would be the best choice though, rather than annialating your pre-existing stock spring.

Jason
01-21-2007, 06:25 AM
How much does a spring kit cost?

Hossy
01-21-2007, 06:27 AM
not very much, you IMed me now, ill show you all of the better kits-

EDIT: http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/product.asp?prod=556353

ive never heard of there sight, but thats what you want

or these

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-3978/shocktech-shocktech-velocity-spring-kt-spy.html?zenid=2568f16134fcfcebf55ea6ce32c05890

http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/product-510/shocktech-shocktech-spyder-spring-kit.html?zenid=2568f16134fcfcebf55ea6ce32c05890

06SpyderElectra
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM
dude theres no way that victor shoots that fast its just no way i think that theyre chrono is just bootleg or just spittin out the wrong stuff becuase my electra turned up all the way is ONLY luike 350 and 400 is liek crap idk lol so maybe go some where else and get it chrono

ooglieboogliebob
01-24-2007, 01:52 AM
If it's the red chrony box at the fields then yes it is correct. You might have a lighter mainspring or heavier valvespring then him. All is believable.

You shouldn't be turning it up that high anyway. In that speed your paint will disform and curve. Best speed is 275 - 290FPS.

Backmanshooter
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
New spring kit ;)