PDA

View Full Version : Standard Spyder with AKA parts???

Pwgsx
01-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I just installed some AKA Parts for my standard spyder ( Aka bolt & rear cocking rod ) I have a regulator and expansion chamber already......However I did not order the low pressure valve from AKA which they claim will make it a TRUE low pressure system. However, since I am tight on $$, can I just lower the pressure on my regulator that I have without affecting velocity ect ect?? Also, what is the common opperating pressure to set my reg. for a Spyder with the mods listed above running on CO2 ??

Thanks

RIpaintballer
01-20-2007, 08:47 AM
why did you make two of these?

aodsnyper
01-20-2007, 09:56 AM
you will be able to turn down your reg and lower your operating pressure a little without affecting your velocity too terribly much, but you do indeed need a high-flowing valve to achieve a true LP setup. installing the Lightning bolt alone raised my velocity which also allowed for more psi do be taken out of the equation.

kidonfire
01-20-2007, 12:01 PM
yes, a valve will lower your operating pressure. a good one is the maddman rocket valve. it is very high flowing and you dont need a valve spring as it already has one attached. another thing to get is a spring kit. They are cheap and help to lower your operating pressure a lot.

Pwgsx
01-20-2007, 07:41 PM
thanks for the info........ill look for one this week

ooglieboogliebob
01-20-2007, 07:48 PM
hrm. Rather than trying to lower your PSI massively, i'd suggest finding a way to get better efficiency ratings.

Some LP part that is very essential is the VA. You can drill out your existing stock, but it won't compare to an aftermarket assaultblock or trinity.

Also, you can drill your existing valve also, this will increase flow. Most of your LP system can be consisted of stock modded parts. It will take time an effort, but if your on a tight budjet it is worth it.

What kind of regulator are you running on right now ??

Pwgsx
01-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I got a spyder reg. with gauge..........

ooglieboogliebob
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
spyder reg as in a fenix or electra ?? It might just be a gasthru. Do you have an adjustment screw to control the PSI ??

Pwgsx
01-26-2007, 08:47 PM
its a standard spyder, and I got the reg. from a paintball store but I know Kingman is the manufacturer. It does have a adjustment screw and I can adjust it from o psi to 800.