PDA

View Full Version : search button...??

badlandsrox
01-19-2007, 11:22 PM
im into one of those state of minds again (no, its not drunk lol), that i think up random questions (sleep deprived maybe). My question, is why exactly do we have the search button if everytime someone asks an already been asked question, they get told to "use the search button", but if they bring up an old thread, its always frowned upon, and usually deleted? if you dont want it being brought up again, dont put search in, but if your actually going to let people use it, then dont complain when they bring up old questions, and im sure that more people would use it, if everytime they brought it up, they werent told to not bring up old threads, and have them deleted.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Yes, your mind is deprived. Get some sleep and talk to us in the mornin'. ;)

vwjimmy
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
What we are trying to say is that it is always a good idea to use Search to see if any question that you may have has already been asked/answered....
Most of the frowned apon re upping of old threads happens in B/S/T or in non paintball topics.....
Asking questions is ALWAYS OK....everyone here is glad to answer K, you know that. We are just suggesting that you may not only find that your question has already been asked and answered before, but that a thread might not only hold your answer, but even more information that you haven't even thought to ask!
:)

Sandman_Bravo
01-20-2007, 03:43 AM
What we are trying to say is that it is always a good idea to use Search to see if any question that you may have has already been asked/answered....
Most of the frowned apon re upping of old threads happens in B/S/T or in non paintball topics.....
Asking questions is ALWAYS OK....everyone here is glad to answer K, you know that. We are just suggesting that you may not only find that your question has already been asked and answered before, but that a thread might not only hold your answer, but even more information that you haven't even thought to ask!
:)

:yeahthat: -and it doesn't hurt to read up on Otter's Spyder Pages either!

WhatThaSmurf
01-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I have no problem with people that bring up old threads under two conditions:

1. The thread address something important and worth while, like how to fix a problem (yes I know I broke that rule earlier today, and now leed is mad because his long-dead thread got closed)

2. They must restate the question if they are looking for more help with the same problem. We don't remember what each thread from the last year is talking about, so we need a little refresher.