PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to play 2007 world cup.....KUSA team

Muddytaco
01-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Alright this is way early but i want to know if there is even enough people here that want to play, if not i will give up trying to make a team and jump in with a local team that is going.

I want to play in PSP world cup this year, the catch is I want to play with people I can't usually play with. This is where KUSA comes in,I have always wanted to have like a KUSA day somewhere and now is the chance, I think there are enough tourny players here to make a team.

2007 world cup is oct. 21-28 in Florida at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex as always.

Wanting to play 5 man xball, mostly likely will be division 4 based on the fact we will not play together before the tourny.

EDIT:
forgot prizes

5-man Xball Division IV

1st - $1,800
2nd - $1,000
3rd - $600
4th - $300

-----------------------------------------
Taken from psp website

5-man Xball
- This format follows the basic 5-man rules including but not limited to 5-man
scoring, penalties, roster limits, etc.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 8 games with the possibility of more in the
prelims. Teams will be grouped in sets of five. They will play the other teams in their
group in a round-robin format in a best two out of three series to determine who
will advance to the next round.
- Crowd participation is allowed.

Team Entry fee is $900
-------------------------------------

After taking a guess on paint use during one game, I am guessing you will spend around 400-600 for the cost of the tourny, not including travel or anything like that.

Paint would be bought as a team and used when need, as it is not far to the back player to buy twice as much as a front guy.

new price list thanks to chris

Edit: Some rough estimates, so people can look at numbers.

Entry - $900
Divived by 7 people = $130
Divided by 5 people = $180

Paint ($35 a case)
24 Cases(Prelims) = $840
-Divided by 7 = $120
-Divided by 5 = $168
35 Cases(Finals) = $1225
-Divided by 7 = $175
-Divided by 5 = $245

Travel:
Assume $200 for plane tickets.

Hotel:
Assume $100 a night, divided by 3/4 people per room.
3 People in a room: $34 a night
4 People in a room: $25 a night

5-man is played Thursday-Sunday, so the shortest you'd be there is 2 nights, Thurs and Fri.

Totals(excluding travel and hotel):
7 Man team, only playing prelims: $250
7 Man team, making it to the finals: $305

5 Man team, only playing prelims: $348
5 Man team, making it to the finals: $425

Add in hotel and you are looking at anywhere from $300-575, assuming 4 per room.

2 years ago I played World Cup and I paid $350 without travel(we drove).
Hotel(half price on hotel, bomb ass rooms): $100
Paint(3 cases per person): $105
Entry($800 6 ways): $135

All in all I think I spent $500 total, thats including gas on the way and food.

As for jersey's I will supply custom airbrushed ones by me. They will be very rare and highly valuable on KUSA:D

You will need a gun with PSP mode, hopper that can keep up and a tank big enough to have enough air to last a game.

Please post here in the format below if you want to play/thinking about playing:

name:
gun:
hopper:
tank:
position:
experience:
level you usually play at:
1-10 how serious are you about this:

anything else you feel you should say about you that would help the team.

Team so far:

name: muddytaco/ David
Gun: DM6, PM5
Hopper: 2 v35 halos and pulse
tank: crossfire 68/4500
Position: Back, mid sometimes
Experience: 10 years, about 3-4 of tourny play
level you usually play at: rookie/novice
1-10 how serious are you about this: 10

I know about every gun in and out and can fix just about everything and tune just about any gun. I will go ahead and say I will be a gun tech for the team.

Name: timmyshoota/Chris
Gun: Marq6
Hopper: Reloader B
Tank 68/45 PE
Position: Front
Experience: 4 years, Played World Cup 2005
Level: Novice/Open class
Seriousness: 10

Name: hossy/Hoss
Gun: DM4, but about to trade it
Tank 68/3k
Position: Back
Experience: 1 year of tourneys
Level: rookie
Seriousness: 6

Name: DyNasty9/Zach
Gun:PM6
Tank 68/45k
Position: Mid/front
Experience: 2 years of tourneys

name: spyderpaintball/Ryan
gun: 06 Ego
hopper: Reloader B
tank: 68/4500
position: All of them
experience: 4 Years Tourny(2 PSP Events)
level you usually play at: D4-D3
1-10 how serious are you about this: If it was almost any other event 10, This event though 1-2

Name: nader/Colin
Gun: Atomix A-Bomb
Hopper: Halo B
Tank: 68/4500
Position: Mid/Back would be preferred, but I'll play anything.
Experience: 5 years off and on at various Airball fields. This past year was the only year is actual tourney play. (1 PSP event)
Level I play at: Rookie
1-10 Seriousness: 7. I'll play my hardest, but I'm also gonna have a damn good time.

Name: vikingshadow/Bryce
Gun: Seriously upgraded Shocker and Proto Rail
Position: Anywhere
Experience: 3 years of tournament play.
Level I play at: D3-D4
1-10 Seriousness: 7. I'd go for a good time, but to win as well. However, if something comes up - -you know the rest!

People unsure as of now:

-MVS1

Team support:

Possible team sponsors:

-vwjimmy

Pod boys:

-shunut (CA psp event)
-reedoc

I will update this post with people that want to play.

timmyshoota
01-19-2007, 05:56 PM
I've tried to put these together before. Never seemed to pan out. I'm game if we can get enough people down.

Name: Chris
Gun: Marq6
Tank 68/45 PE
Position: Front
Experience: 4 years, Played World Cup 2005
Level: Novice/Open class
Seriousness: 10

Hossy
01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Name: Hoss
Gun: DM4, but about to trade it :)
Tank 68/3k
Position: Back
Experience: 1 year of tourneys

Im serious about playing, i will have a new gun soon, as well as some cash. The only problem is me actually getting there (hence why i put 6)..but if we get the team, and i can get down there....im game

vwjimmy
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
If you guys get it together I might have a few $$ to help you out.....
Keep me posted!

shunut
01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
If you guys get a team together and decide to play in CA, let me know. I won't play but I will definitely come and spend the weekend with you guys. I can be your pod boy.

timmyshoota
01-19-2007, 07:02 PM

Entry - $900

Paint ($35 a case)
24 Cases(Prelims) = $840
-Divided by 7 = $120
-Divided by 5 = $168
35 Cases(Finals) = $1225
-Divided by 7 = $175
-Divided by 5 = $245

Travel:

Hotel:

5-man is played Thursday-Sunday, so the shortest you'd be there is 2 nights, Thurs and Fri.

Add in hotel and you are looking at anywhere from $300-575, assuming 4 per room.

MVS1
01-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Hey, I'm game, unless Unc Sam sees fit to send me to the real thing in Iraq during that time frame....put me on the maybe, if your really screwed up list :D.

Muddytaco
01-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Entry - $900

Paint ($35 a case)
24 Cases(Prelims) = $840
-Divided by 7 = $120
-Divided by 5 = $168
35 Cases(Finals) = $1225
-Divided by 7 = $175
-Divided by 5 = $245

Travel:

Hotel:

Thanks for that list I was unsure on the price of some of those things, I will add that to the first post so it is seen.

DyNasty9
01-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Name: Zach
Gun:PM6
Tank 68/45k
Position: Mid/front
Experience: 2 years of tourneys

i would just have to clear it with the rents and get some money. i would love to do it.

Hossy
01-20-2007, 10:09 AM
im just giving this a little "bump" for others who may be interested but havent seen the thread yet...

Pshh if i cant play, id definatly be a pod boy with Shunut

splater18
01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
i would LOVE to do this but i am no tourny baller and dont got the cash.

But free bump to a great idea

Reedoc
01-21-2007, 05:18 PM
I'd be a pod boy. PM me or IM me at Reedoc3 if you need one.

spyderpaintball
01-21-2007, 05:41 PM
If it was one of the events not while I was in school I would be all over this. Unfortunatly becuase it is I wont be able to play. If you decide to do one of the summer events let me know becuase I will be more than willing to help out in any way or if any one wants to get together for a different event let me know.

Here is my resume anyway:

name: Ryan
gun: 06 Ego
hopper: Reloader B
tank: 68/4500
position: All of them
experience: 4 Years Tourny(2 PSP Events)
level you usually play at: D4-D3
1-10 how serious are you about this: If it was almost any other event 10, This event though 1-2

Hossy
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
If it was one of the events not while I was in school I would be all over this. Unfortunatly becuase it is I wont be able to play. If you decide to do one of the summer events let me know becuase I will be more than willing to help out in any way or if any one wants to get together for a different event let me know.

actually i feel the same way....if we do decide to go to a summer one, it may be a little easier

timmyshoota
01-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Chi-Town would be a good substitute for playing Cup, since its the either the biggest or second biggest event for PSP each year. I'd rather do Cup personally, since its farther down the road, and I'm trying to buy a car soon.

Muddytaco
01-21-2007, 09:04 PM
I really wanted to play cup but if we can't get enough for that, chi town would be better then nothing.

big_daddy_d
01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
interested but my situation on the island here leaves something to be desired... Will think it over in the next couple of days and get back to you...

Nader
01-22-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm definately interested, only thing that would keep me from going would be the money. I'll definately start saving now. =)

Resume:
Name: Colin
Gun: Atomix A-Bomb
Hopper: Halo B
Position: Mid/Back would be preferred, but I'll play anything.
Experience: 5 years off and on at various Airball fields. This past year was the only year is actual tourney play. (1 PSP event)
Level I play at: Rookie
1-10 Seriousness: 7. I'll play my hardest, but I'm also gonna have a damn good time.

bamf-hacker
01-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Great Idea...

I would love to play, but for me it would cost quadruple...

The whole family would have to come and they would be at Disney spending crazy amounts of money.

I will help out with anything I can though. Loaner stuff if need be, or just some moral support!

shunut
01-22-2007, 05:20 AM
If you guys decide to do Chicago let me know, I'll definitely go there too. It would be a cheap trip for me seeing how I could stay with many family members or friends.

Hossy
01-22-2007, 08:11 AM
It would be a cheap trip for me seeing how I could stay with many family members or friends.

PARTY AT THE RELATIVES'! ;)

vikingshadow
01-22-2007, 08:18 AM
My brother in law just moved to Florida, so it would be a good excuse for me to go and my family would be able to stay at his place!

However, it's quite awhile away, so for right now, I'm giving a tenative "I'm in" with the option to back out because things happen. We have tried this several times before, it just never panned out - but let's give it a go anyways!

Resume:
Name: Bryce
Gun: Seriously upgraded Shocker and Proto Rail
Position: Anywhere
Experience: 3 years of tournament play.
Level I play at: D3-D4
1-10 Seriousness: 7. I'd go for a good time, but to win as well. However, if something comes up - -you know the rest!

timmyshoota
01-22-2007, 04:16 PM
I think the goal would be of course to win, but to definitely have fun. I had so much fun at Cup 05 and we went 3-5. We can't possibly expect a throw together team of people who have never played before to win, but we can have fun.

Bigwrecker
01-22-2007, 05:14 PM
is there an age limit? Is there a minimum tournament level or experience you are looking for? (number of years playing, tourny years?) This sounds like an awesome idea, and im sure that there are a few players on here that have a great chance to put together a great team.

timmyshoota
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
I know Muddy is putting the team together, but I'm pretty sure I speak for him when I say tourney experience is a must. You really would be out of place at a PSP event without experience.

We need to get the Negro on board for this. He wussed out of Cup last year because Shanna was preggy. This year he's got no excuses, plus he could hook us up on paint. ;)

Hossy
01-22-2007, 05:46 PM
how about we unbad claus and get him to pay for everything :dodgy:

but yeah, i hope we get this rolling, it would be cool to meet some kusa'ers

TheRedBarron
01-23-2007, 07:59 AM
I think the goal would be of course to win, but to definitely have fun. I had so much fun at Cup 05 and we went 3-5. We can't possibly expect a throw together team of people who have never played before to win, but we can have fun.
The team we had planned for chi town last year would have been a force. But that is mostly from extreme tourny experience for all of the players.

I would do this with you guys, but every time I make a promise to be able to play an event or show up to an event something comes up, so I dont want to leave you guys hanging this time around.

Muddytaco
01-23-2007, 09:15 AM
is there an age limit? Is there a minimum tournament level or experience you are looking for? (number of years playing, tourny years?) This sounds like an awesome idea, and im sure that there are a few players on here that have a great chance to put together a great team.

You would need to have some tourny experience, PSP would not be a good place to play for your first tourny.

Age limit- I don't care as long as you can play......don't know if psp has a thing on age or not.

timmyshoota
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
I would do this with you guys, but every time I make a promise to be able to play an event or show up to an event something comes up, so I dont want to leave you guys hanging this time around.
No. Make a commitment. You, the family, me and Dave can goto Disney World one of the days. :)

DRAGON
01-23-2007, 04:23 PM
No. Make a commitment. You, the family, me and Dave can goto Disney World one of the days. :)

Don't leave out Universal Studio's as well. I had more fun there than Teh Magic Kingdom -

timmyshoota
01-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't leave out Universal Studio's as well. I had more fun there than Teh Magic Kingdom -
Meh, I'm more of a Disney kid. I've been there like 6 times, and only once to Universal. You gonna be there and actually meet up with us this year Drago? I know you don't live far, just down US 4. :)

DyNasty9
01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
well i talked it over with my parents(breifly) and they sounded interested and sounded like they would let me do it. just gotta start saving.

DRAGON
01-23-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm there every year to check out the new stuff and teh PB babes. Only time I watched the games last year was the finals with BRL and those dirty dogs. I was right in front of the BRL coach and he was yelling some crap in Russian lol. Got to see some old friends and meet some people I had only talked to on the phone with before. 2006 was a bit better than 2005. Better attendance by vendors and spectators. 'Sun on the Beach' in old town rules -

timmyshoota
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm there every year to check out the new stuff and teh PB babes. Only time I watched the games last year was the finals with BRL and those dirty dogs. I was right in front of the BRL coach and he was yelling some crap in Russian lol. Got to see some old friends and meet some people I had only talked to on the phone with before. 2006 was a bit better than 2005. Better attendance by vendors and spectators. 'Sun on the Beach' in old town rules -
LOL I got kicked out of Sun on the Beach in 05.

Edit: Those of us 21 and over will have to hit the bar one night and hang out.

vikingshadow
01-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Ok, just saw a post about this very same thing from your cousin on the Kansas forums at paintballtourney.com. He says you're looking for the best in Kansas and the best in Texas, then you're going to have to tryout for this.

Is this true? If so, so much for the fun of it!

chubb0rz
01-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Man I wish i could play with you guys :( seeing is how I could afford it and its just down the road a bit. But alas i'm playing with my team already.

Muddytaco
01-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, just saw a post about this very same thing from your cousin on the Kansas forums at paintballtourney.com. He says you're looking for the best in Kansas and the best in Texas, then you're going to have to tryout for this.

Is this true? If so, so much for the fun of it!

he has a different view then i do, he only wants the best, i just want to play with different people for the fun of it.

vikingshadow
01-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Ah, I see. So are you making two teams? He's making it sound like you guys have the same team....just a bit confusulating!

Muddytaco
01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
We play on the same team, he has kind of crossed the two different ideas, We had are own team over the summer b/c i was up in kansas the whole summer, now that i am back in texas we are keeping the team together but having a team in each state to play tournys in each state, hope that makes sence.

Anyway the world cup thing is totally different, it will (hopefully) be made up of people that we can't usually play with, that is the whole idea behind this.

Moe
01-26-2007, 07:45 PM
name: Danny Moe
gun: Tippmann 98....custom!
hopper: VL 2000
tank: 9oz!
position: missionary
experience: way to much
level you usually play at: exhibitionist
1-10 how serious are you about this: 1

Good luck fellers.:D
I do hope it works out this year, I will try to support in any way I can!

Nader
01-27-2007, 02:08 PM
If you guys decide to do Chicago let me know, I'll definitely go there too. It would be a cheap trip for me seeing how I could stay with many family members or friends.

I second that.
I got lots of friends/family in Chicago.

And an uncle that would probably "sponsor" me to play in the the tourney. :D

timmyshoota
01-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I might not be able to do this now. There's a PSP team here that really wants me to play with them, no cost out of my pocket other than dues. I haven't made a decision yet though.

QAZ123
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I might not be able to do this now. There's a PSP team here that really wants me to play with them, no cost out of my pocket other than dues. I haven't made a decision yet though.

There shouldn't be a decison. Do it. You only live once and your only young once. If the fund's for dues are there do it.

JB.

timmyshoota
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I've got other reason why I have to decide. Its not just about the money.

Mr.Untouchable
01-29-2007, 05:45 AM
I would love to do this. But I don't have much of a gun to play with. If I get a better gun, I will let you know. But if you all do Chi-Town, I will be there, Pod boy or what ever else. I too have a ton of friends I know I can stay with.

vikingshadow
01-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Is there going to be one in Dallas this year? That'd be a good one for me!

spyderpaintball
01-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Is there going to be one in Dallas this year? That'd be a good one for me!
Not as of now, but they still have one event TBD so the possibility exists.

timmyshoota
01-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Alright, there's a good chance I may still be available for this. I have been doing some budgeting and I don't think playing PSP this season would be a very wise decision, but I may be able to pull out one event.

Zero_webb
01-29-2007, 04:48 PM
I'd love to play but i really don't think i could afford it, maybe if you guys do this in 08 you could count me in. still I plan to go though so if you guys need another podboy or something let me know.

leed
01-31-2007, 02:32 PM
Well, theres a low chance of me getting there, for one thing, and getting the money, but if I do.. Which I could, with help, I'd love to play.

name: leed/David
gun: E-Cocker, 05 Speed
hopper: VLocity
tank: 68.45 Adjustable, 68.30 Crossy, 68.45 LP
position: Mid/Front
experience: 10 years / 1 year Tourney
level you usually play at: Beginner (Yes, I know, first year on a Team though)
1-10 how serious are you about this: 8

I too, am handy when it comes down to teching, anything I'm not yet handy in, can be taught. I'm Chinese. -shrugs-

TheRedBarron
02-06-2007, 07:43 AM
I'm Chinese. -shrugs-
Are you trying to say that Asians are smarter then the rest of us? :rolleyes:

timmyshoota
02-06-2007, 07:58 AM
Are you trying to say that Asians are smarter then the rest of us? :rolleyes:
I think what he means is that Asians are smarter than Black people. :confused:

clickclicksplat
05-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Sounds like fun... I wonder if you could talk Kingman into sponsoring you :p