PDA

View Full Version : The 2006 Xtra

doom
01-19-2007, 02:46 PM
hey i went paintballing with a couple of friends and it was awesome.
Ive been thinking of buying a spyder xtra and was wondering if it was a good starter gun and what upgrades to get

bigred76
01-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the boards! I'm glad you had fun paintballing!

Check out the Ultimate Resource Thread link in my sig (the red one), it has a lot of info about how to upgrade, which upgrades are important, etc.

As for if the Xtra is good, it's a decent marker. It's all mechanical so everything that breaks on it's easy to fix. There's a lot of modifications that you can do to markers like these, and you can check them out at www.ottersccustoms.com.

MadMan66
01-19-2007, 04:30 PM
the xtra is a great starter marker. i'd recommend the first thing to upgrade is the barrel, and then i'd buy the kingman acs delrin bolt. mechanical markers chop paint alot, and the acs bolt will help stop the chops. hope i helped

RIpaintballer
01-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't take it apart alot and play with it like i did. LOL.

doom
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Got my xtra and im headin out to the fields monday:D

DriverJ
03-05-2007, 05:37 AM
very cool! enjoy your Xtra. I've had one since they first came out and I love it! I've put a lot into mods.. not because its not a good gun, because I wanted to go LP, electronic, freak barrel, different drop forward, a nice on/off ASA, nicer looking Macro line, after market delrin bolt ( I didn't get the ACS and I very rarely break balls in it, when I do its temp related causing the ball to be more brittle. and I'll probably get an after market board and eyes for it at some point here before I re-anno it... Enjoy the Xtra, keep it lubricated and clean and it'll treat you well for many many years.