PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what is happening in this world

pbfreak3221
01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't know how many of you remember me, but I have come back here in a time of much need, and greif. Today in my hometown, a student was killed. He was one of my best friends brothers, earlier this week a student ODed and a bullet was found on our bus. I can not express how I feel right now, and really need counceling.

Moe
01-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Did she OD on something...Or was she shot?

Either way, I am sorry and hope that you get the help she needs.

shunut
01-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I know how hard it is and I think I have similar feelings. My best friend's brother was shot and killed back in November. Its rough and even today seems unreal. Its hard to understand what this world has come to. I have personally noticed lots of changes, 99% of those changes are in the youth. It seems to me that the youth of today aren't being held accountable for their actions. We see more and more kids dropping out of school. Kids are doing more drugs at a younger age these days. Kids are having sex at a younger age. It use to be you had sex because you loved someone, now its just for fun. Most don't think ahead and consider the ramifications of being sexually active. STDs are on the rise and so is teen pregnancy. How many kids do you know that are ready to be a parent at 12-13, I don't know any. They aren't thinking about that though. Also, it seems that kids these days think that fighting and violence is the answer to their problems. Unfortunately, 99% of it can be blamed on the parents. I think that in more and more households both parents work, so both parents are busy and they just don't spend enough time with their kids. Families are becoming less and less of families. I know families where the only thing that shows they are a family is they live under the same rough. It makes me sad.

pbfreak3221
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
You may have actually heard about it in the news, he was actually stabbed to death.

Halucin8
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
well the counceling you should definitley look in to. talk to the guidance counselor at school. thay should eb able to help you out escecially if stuff like this is going on they shoudl already have stuff like taht set up for you kids. second tlk to your parents. I know we are dumb and old but it can be amazing what we come up with to help ya out.
Third i agree. we live in a society that pays someone else to raise our kids and about 50 others at the same time and expect our children to grow up normal. I spent hte first 12 yeras of my marriage as the sole income because my wife and i decided that we chose to have kids so we should raise them. no daycare period. I am gonna brag a little bit here but every teacher loves my kids. they know that if there is a problem one phone call will take care of it. of course it goes both ways. my kids also know that if they have a problem I will solve it.

Hossy
01-19-2007, 06:29 PM
sorry bout that bud...
your in my thoughts

pbfreak3221
01-19-2007, 06:41 PM
thanks hoss, wow someones been postin a lot since ive left

bigred76
01-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Deffinately hook up with a counselor. They're there for you. You can get one free from your school, or one from your medical provider; either way, talk to someone that is there for you, even if it's just your parents or one of us one on one.

I'm sorry to hear about this bro. A friend of mine that was on the football team died recently, too. He died of an unrecognized case of laryngitis. A favorite quote of mine is "**** happens." No matter how good life is and seems, something can and will go wrong. I hope that you can get through this. I know it was "just" your best friend's brother, but it is essential to you as well since you were close to his brother. Keep your and your best friend's chin up!

pbfreak3221
01-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks, there are a ton of greif councelers at the school right now, i just cant bring myself to go right now.

leed
01-20-2007, 12:17 PM
You ought to try and go. Or at least, you can cut yourself a deal, bring a good friend, they're good for comfort. I will tell you right now, counselors can be the most aggravating and annoying things on Earth, but in the end, they are extraordinarily helpful. They can be inquisitive, but it's only so they can help you better. And don't think you have to answer everything they ask, if you just can't bring yourself to do it just then, just tell them that.

I bid you good luck. I'm sorry about your loss. I can feel the same pain, several people have died this year that are alumni of our school, or are parents of close wound alumni, or are close wound friends of many people in our school.

On a second note, more related to the actual topic,

It has really been puzzling me what it is about this generation. Maybe everyone feels this way about their generation, but it seems in our generation, the worst of things has happened, as if we bring the worst luck. Especially these years, 06-07, so many things have happened involving death and disease. I rarely ever heard GOOD news, well, I have to say, 05-07 has brought many many babies in my school, but aside from that, there isn't much. Going through the local news, it only gets worse. It's hard to go through life, without myself thinking, I wonder what's next? Someone loses their house? A whole city loses their houses? For some, these past few years have been wonderful, for many many others, it has been not so great. I don't think anyone will ever understand the mysteries behind life and death, nor anything else. I guess we just have to accept it, and move on..

Anyone else feel this way? Or is it just me.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 12:34 PM
A big :yeahthat:. Don't go if you don't want to, but I strongly advocate it, even if you think you don't need it. They are trained to help people in your situation, and you should seize the opportunity. They let you talk it out, cry it out, or whatever you need to do to cope with the paint and grief.