PDA

View Full Version : first tourney

ttam13xlpb
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
my team will be playing our first tournament soon and we switched over to speedball from woodsball.The question is...What would we take with us to be prepared for a tourney?

Hossy
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
just yourself, your equiptment and all the tools to fix your guns if nessary.
Where you are, people go with there tippmanns, spyders, and other of the sort. Just have fun! its a nice day doing something you enjoy. A snack or a meal would be smart, in a cooler. Bring lots of money in case you need more paint!

Let us know how you did, we would love to hear!

ttam13xlpb
01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
will do.

Hossy
01-18-2007, 05:32 PM
by the way, how much is this tourney costing you? and what do you win if you get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place?

ttam13xlpb
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Its like $120 a team and i think in begginer class is just a 1-3 place trophy...not real sure though?

Muddytaco
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Make sure you bring alot of water/gatoraid, food, etc. Also plan on buying around 2-3 cases per person, probably enough for beginners tourny.

No need to really worry about winning sence it is your first tourny, just good with the mind set that it is just for fun and you will have a better time then if you put alot of pressure on winning.

The best thing I could say that will help you is: walk the field a few times before the tourny. Make sure you get behind every bunker and see what you can hit from that position and what position on the field could hit you. The most important thing during the tourny is communication. Make sure you and your teammates are talking, telling each other where the other team is gives you a huge advantage over the other team. Easy way to do it is have a code system. Example: back can would be C1. You can also make codes for run throughs, player moving up, etc.

good luck