PDA

View Full Version : Flying with your stuff?

DyNasty9
01-18-2007, 01:18 PM
im goin to Arizona in a month and i thought it would be cool to hit up some fields down there. however if i go id really like to take my gun and stuff, but whats the policy on bring it on the plane and all that jazz.:confused:

spyderpaintball
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Call the Airline you will be taking. They are really the only ones who can help you. Each airline has it's own policy as well as any FAA rules. You will have to have it placed in stowage though.

JailBreakJIm
01-18-2007, 01:26 PM
I would suggest you go on the website of the air company and look for the policy of carry on items.

big_daddy_d
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
As long as you declare it in your checked luggage, and have the reg unscrewed from your tank you should be ok. I travelled from Hawaii to Nor Cal in August and had no probs. We have tourney teams travelling from here all the time with their gear with no probs...

bamf-hacker
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Well for sure you will not be able to bring any of your PB gear carry on.

I would invest in a good PB hard case for the stuff you do not want broken. Also remember it is a federal crime to bring a full air tank on a plane. So empty it. Also watch this video on Webdog about traveling with your gear.

http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/video/tipclip/WDR05.wmv

Also if it was up to me, use UPS to ship your stuff to your destination. Insure it and pack a ship back label in the box so when you are ready to come home you can just close the box and ship it back to you.

Halucin8
01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
awesome idea hacker. I will have to remember that. i bet it would be taken care of better or atleast insured so you can replace it.

OOB
01-18-2007, 01:43 PM
have the reg unscrewed from your tank

I have not flown with gear however know that this is one of the KEY things you need to do.

bamf-hacker
01-18-2007, 01:55 PM
awesome idea hacker. I will have to remember that. i bet it would be taken care of better or atleast insured so you can replace it.

I even fly like that when I don't have PB gear. When the Family flies to Florida we only take with us enough stuff for a day in case of air port delays. Everything else goes UPS. It is much easier to handle a wife that does not like to fly and kids if you only have a few small carry ons.

and.... UPS loses a lot fewer packages than the airlines. If I got my destination and my checked bag, full of all my gear was not there I would have a nervous break down :)

One more piece of advise.... If you are going to pack it on the plane, take a full inventory, serial numbers included and take pictures of stuff you are going to pack and of the stuff packed. That way if they do lose it you have some proof of what the bag contained.

DyNasty9
01-18-2007, 03:44 PM
your a genius bamf.

ill have to give southwest a call, i believe thats what were flying.

for the reg and tank, would i just empty it and unscrew the reg, then when i get to the feild i just screw it back in? teflon tape or anything?

ooo and shunut, what are some nice feilds down there. i heard out some 22 place, or something? i dont know.

shunut
01-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Hmmmm...

There is a place called 23 BPS, I've never played there but have heard that they are pretty good. I've also heard they were expensive and very strict. Despite their name, they have robots monitoring bps and if you go over 15 bps you are asked to leave immediately and no refund. I think they only have 2 fields.

My favorite place is Wild Planet Paintball. That have a bunch of fields. They ask you to keep it under 15bps but they won't kick you out if you go over. They don't allow ramping or auto, semi or pump only. You can bring your own paint and they can fill to 4500psi. The owner is pretty cool and usually plays if he has enough refs to cover the fields.

There are a couple other fields but none that I've liked. If you bring your stuff and need paint let me know. I'll help you find a shop near where you are staying.

Also, if you are staying in a hotel and decide that you want to ship you stuff UPS, you can send it to me, I will keep it safe for you until you get here.

bamf-hacker
01-19-2007, 04:15 AM
your a genius bamf.

I know :D

I am also modest. ;)