PDA

View Full Version : Air Fittings

johnnie724
01-18-2007, 06:12 AM
I should be getting a new Dead On Drop Forward in the mail today and I was a little foggy about the air connections. I know I need to hit the local PB store to pick up a standard 90 degree elbow. However, my understanding is that most of the connections coming from an aftermarket drop are standard and the pilot connections are metric.

Will I need some sort of an adapter in order to connect the steel braided airline to the 90 degree elbow?

Thanks in advance!!

Nenkitsune
01-18-2007, 09:18 AM
yes, you will need a metric to standard adapter. is your steel line the type that uses a male male adapter on the asa?

johnnie724
01-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I am not sure. As of now I have a stock set-up on my pilot. If that means it's a male to male adapter then yes.

Halucin8
01-18-2007, 01:36 PM
yes my pilot has a male to male adaptor for the hose to screw on to. check out the macroline guy. do a search in the trading forums. he sells the adaptor you need.

Sandman_Bravo
01-18-2007, 03:24 PM
You may have to ditch your stock line anyway, if it's not long enough. Does this new drop relocate the ASA lower and further away from where it was? Just a thought before you go ordering stuff and spending cash. Maybe wait and get the part to see what you need.

johnnie724
01-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Got it, all I needed to get was the Shocktech metric adapter from Action Village and a 90 degree elbow for the ASA. Thanks for the insight.