PDA

View Full Version : Had it at 280fps then it died.

Brandon_MR2
01-17-2007, 06:39 PM
ok, so when i got my mr2 the average fps was about 305. So i cut just a lil bit off of the spring.
Then all the way out it was shooting at about 270average. half a turn in and it was at 280.

I played a game and after about 400 shots it had died. It was shooting an average of 180fps. Then i had to turn it in about half an inch to get it right.

Why did it do this. the Spyder tech told me to cut the spring. Do i need a new one?

Could it be b/c of CO2?

kidonfire
01-17-2007, 07:00 PM
ok, so when i got my mr2 the average fps was about 305. So i cut just a lil bit off of the spring.
Then all the way out it was shooting at about 270average. half a turn in and it was at 280.

I played a game and after about 400 shots it had died. It was shooting an average of 180fps. Then i had to turn it in about half an inch to get it right.

Why did it do this. the Spyder tech told me to cut the spring. Do i need a new one?

Could it be b/c of CO2?

I really don't think that cutting the spring is a good idea. Was the average fps with the screw all the way out? I would advise trying to get a new spring and trying that.

Muddytaco
01-17-2007, 07:24 PM
It takes a few shots to for the spring to "set" itself after adjusting it, chances are you have cut it to short. I would pick up a spring kit.

darth massacre
01-18-2007, 12:51 AM
How much of the spring did you cut? I cut mine a total of 6 times, each not more than 1/8 of an inch. I also put about 50 through each time I cut it to allow things to settle down - took me a while on that first day. And yes, I bought the spring kit before attempting it.

Brandon_MR2
01-18-2007, 02:39 AM
I didn't cut but about 1/4inch off of it.

The average of 305fps was with the screw all the way out. Where do i get a spring kit?

Jarhead
01-18-2007, 03:51 AM

The average of 305fps was with the screw all the way out. Where do i get a spring kit?

I still use the original spring. After around 200 shots it settled to a comfortable 270 with room to adjust up or down. I wouldn't cut a spring until you shot at least 200 or more to break it in.

MVS1
01-18-2007, 09:00 AM

Any local paintball store will have them, or you get them online (firstcall, e-paintball, orderpaintball, fuzionpaintball, etc, etc.) your choice. They usually run $5 to $10. If you just want the main springs and not the vavle springs, extreme rage makes a decent 4 spring kit for ~$5.