PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Mr2

tygger91
01-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Hey Guys, Recently Got and Mr2 and I have say It works great right out of the box.
Adjusted the trigger and managed to walk at about 20 bps with my friend hopper in speedball.

I want to have a sniper setup and so far, I bought a Q-Loader System and a BSA 32 mm Laser Dot Scope.

Now, I am looking for things to making it more accurate. I am thinking about a barrel, bolt, and if it helps, compressed air tank.

I was looking at the apex but not so pricewise at the moment. The J&J ceramics look good for for the moment but i want to see if there is any other available.

Since the Alamo City Low Blow bolt does increase accuracy, I might use that as well. The air drawbacks really doesn bother me as I use few paintballs every game anyways, and the bolt is easily interchangeable.

Finally, i know I should get compressed air, but is it really crucial at the moment. I know i will be buying a tank, but not at the moment.

any imputs would be great.

DRAGON
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
That bolt is not going to increase accuracy at all. It's made to increase distance since it puts a backward spin on the ball. If anything it can decrease accuracy if you tilt your marker to the left or right while shooting. When tilting the marker it will veer the shot in that direction. The same thing happens with people that use the Tippmann Flatline barrel -

Just a FYI...........

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Except it wouldn't be as bad as with the flatline, and so long as you're not moving the gun around all the time as you shoot you'll get normal groupings. I know two people with the low blow bolt, though I've yet to see it in action.

Hpa is nice, but so long as you don't fire rapidly, you'll be fine on co2. I'd go with the J&J ceramic because its tried and true.

Great barrel for the price and it'll fit the MR2 unlike many other barrels.

BOOstGhost
01-16-2007, 10:58 PM
That bolt is not going to increase accuracy at all. It's made to increase distance since it puts a backward spin on the ball. If anything it can decrease accuracy if you tilt your marker to the left or right while shooting. When tilting the marker it will veer the shot in that direction. The same thing happens with people that use the Tippmann Flatline barrel -

Just a FYI...........
That can be a good thing though. I used to have a M98 with a flatline. Tilting it sideways and I was able to pick people off behind trees and bunkers.

Jarhead
01-17-2007, 03:35 AM
That can be a good thing though. I used to have a M98 with a flatline. Tilting it sideways and I was able to pick people off behind trees and bunkers.

A bipod helps with the sniper mode. I use mine to help steady the shots. I use a Apex barrel and the range and accuracy are very good. I found it on Ebay for $75.00. RAP4 also has rifled barrels for the MR2 and I heard they shoot well, but I have not seen them personally.
I do not use a scope but use a laser dot. I zeroed it in and then know where my shots will drop a certain ranges.

Rierson
02-13-2007, 03:32 PM
I just got my Mr2 yesterday and i was wonderin how u would sight in a scope on a mr2 since paintball guns rnt all that accurate? and if i should get a bipod or not?

tygger91
02-13-2007, 07:35 PM
They help, Trust me, If you are within 50 feet and you got your dot tuned out, its an easy hit!

I have gotten about 30 people out this way as they hide behind somekind of brush, and I just shoot their hopper.

And farther away, it allows you to get a perspective on how much you need to arc your shots.

Plus, Its makes the Mr2 Look even more damn cooler.
Adds Fear Factor.

darth massacre
02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I just got my Mr2 yesterday and i was wonderin how u would sight in a scope on a mr2 since paintball guns rnt all that accurate? and if i should get a bipod or not?
Following what tygger posted - having a scope or any iron sights help you get an idea where to shoot. I have a red dot and it works - only issue is keeping it clean.

As for a bipod - adds dead weight - learn to hold your gun properly and you're fine. Snipers don't always shoot with bipods.

propaintballer2378
07-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Except it wouldn't be as bad as with the flatline, and so long as you're not moving the gun around all the time as you shoot you'll get normal groupings. I know two people with the low blow bolt, though I've yet to see it in action.

Hpa is nice, but so long as you don't fire rapidly, you'll be fine on co2. I'd go with the J&J ceramic because its tried and true.

Great barrel for the price and it'll fit the MR2 unlike many other barrels.

correct me if i am rong but couldn't you use an ati siphone system and then shoot rapidly with co2. And i know hpa is better though.

chnk
07-26-2007, 09:08 PM
i actually use the low blow bolt myself, i havent seen an improvement, all ive seen was some chops, other than that im not really sure what is does