PDA

View Full Version : my electra is heavy now

jr1992
01-16-2007, 04:08 PM
all i did was get an evo 3 hopper for it. the hopper isnt heavy but it seems like the gun weighs 10 lbs. but how do i lighten it up. p.s. my 20 oz co2 tank isnt helpin the weight.

Hossy
01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
sorry bud, but that setup shouldnt be all that heavy. I guess you gotta start lifting weights or something.

Or maybe learn how to put the CO2 tank into your shoulder kinda, if you know what i mean, i have basically the same setup next to me...and it isnt that heavy.

invisibledrummer
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
lol, your not going to get a "light" paintball gun unless you stick a 40 round hopper on it and run it on 12 grams. it will get easier to carry just do it often enough and you wont even notice the weight.

Drummer

Halucin8
01-16-2007, 04:17 PM
unless you want to go with a remote line and get the tank off the gun I do not believe you have many other options.

bigred76
01-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Haha, paintball markers are "heavy." It's a fact of life. My personal marker weighs 1.7lbs by itself, but pop on my HPA tank and Zeggy (basically what you have), and it's a good 6 or 7 pounds. Try lifting weights to help out your arm strength so you can heft the marker, or just play with it some. You'll get used to the weight, and afterwards, it wont seem as bad. :)

PumaPride04
01-16-2007, 05:51 PM
hit the weight room

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Stock class phantom ftw :). Only problem is I get used to using my phantom, and when I pick up my spyder or my cocker they feel like they weigh 10 times as much. Plus you have to lose the SC harness and start carrying lots of paint.

My suggestion if you want lightweight is to either go Stock Class, or toughen up. Spyders aren't the lightest markers out there, but they are on the lighter side for the most part. Toughen up or go back to a grav hopper and get a fiber wrapped HPA tank.

jr1992
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
its not heavy to where i cant lift it. i already lift weights for paintball. its light for like overall weight. it just seems heavy for a marker. but srry i didnt clarify that.

jr1992
01-17-2007, 06:30 PM
and im not weak. oh and will a HPA tank. lighten or weight it more. im gettin one either way.

Oscum Guy
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
eggys are heavy. my friends gun has an eggy and it is heavy... er than mine. and he even uses a 20oz co2 where i use a 48/3000 hpa aluminum tank.

btw- he bought a eggy 2 that was new and unpackaged from the local proshop for $70. when we took it apart we saw it had the z board in it. isnt that awesome. lol.

bigred76
01-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Eh, my Zeggy aint too heavy unless you load it with paint. But, then again, any loader with paint is heavy-ish. :confused:

bamf-hacker
01-19-2007, 02:49 AM
If you want to take some of the weight off your gun you can run a remote. That will at least remove the tank weight.

If the gun is still to heavy you can get a new marker. However, it will cost you a pretty penny to get one of the new 07 markers. All of them are going to be lighter than what you have now.

Here is a light setup:

07 Ego/DM7/A1/Marq6/etc..
Pulse
45/45 tank

That will be pretty light as far as markers go. Of course if you wanted REALLY light you could pick up a stock class Phantom :)

jr1992
01-19-2007, 04:57 PM
i thnink im just not use to the weight yet. but also ive never had an electric hopper b4 so that might be what im not use to.

bigred76
01-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Yup, that'd be it. It'll take a day or two of play, and then it'll just seem natural to you. My marker is really light, but after my Ion set-up it felt extremely heavy (Ion with 48/3k to Shocker with 68/45). I messed around with it enough around my house that I can do everything I could do with any other marker I've owned because I know how it reacts and how much it'll take to do what. It sounds odd, but just tough it out some. It'll get better.

jr1992
01-20-2007, 09:06 PM
yea i got a question. thnx for the help bout my guns weight. but yea my electra started like "burping". it would shoot and then wouldnt re-cock and it would sound weird when it shot. i was choppin really bad but it bein 37 degrees and i kinda had my velocity set really high on accident.

invisibledrummer
01-20-2007, 09:10 PM
your probably out of co2 or the cold didnt allow it to expand to enough pressure fire and recock your gun. and also, on top of those reasons, since you had your velocity way up, the low pressure wasnt enough to recock the gun especially since your spring is cranked. so check the amount of co2 left, turn down your velocity, and try shooting (or at least dry firing) inside where the temperature is warm and wont affect your co2 expansion

Hope that helped

Drummer

druid
01-21-2007, 09:06 AM
In addition to what drummer said, inspect and oil your striker Oring...replace if necessary. DON'T use a tank Oring, use the red one found HERE (http://www.skanline.com/pages-productinfo/product-514/miscellaneous-basic-spyder-parts-kit.html?zenid=4d7bdfb8bf8fe8cf854a4658008650e3), or the clear ones found HERE (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopexd.asp?id=10260) or HERE (http://www.doropaintball.com/AB1038101Equick/shopexd.asp?id=8779)

jr1992
01-21-2007, 10:42 AM
yea i took it inside that same day and dry fired it and it fired properly so i think thats wat it was. but yea i had my velocity set so high. i could take my hopper of put to paintballs in the feedneck, one would feed in and when it shot the other one would go like 14 feet in the air.

invisibledrummer
01-22-2007, 05:59 PM
wow fourteen feet? thats some major popcorning. glad we could help, enjoy your Electra.

Drummer

ZenocidePilot
01-24-2007, 11:57 AM
An HPA tank will lighten up your gun significantly, especially if it's a fiber wrapped tank. I might suggest a 45 or 68 ci fiber tank at about 4500psi. This will ensure that you get plenty of shots/fill and can still move around quite well. Personally, I have an 88ci fiber wrapped 4500psi tank and it's MUCH lighter than my dad's 72ci 3000psi tank. The biggest reason is because of the material the tanks are made of. The aluminum tank is much heavier than the fiber HPA tank. Also, to reiterate what someone else said, you might think about getting a remote kit. If you like the stability of the tank-on-gun (using the tank like a stock), go with a gas-through stock with the remote. It saves loads of weight on the gun and you keep the stability. However, this is only my opinion, take every suggestion with a grain of salt. Play safe, play hard.