PDA

View Full Version : electra with eyes vs vs3

shibey
01-16-2007, 04:43 PM
sorry if this has been posted before but i dont got anytime to look for recent post well my cuzin just bought the VS3 and i was wonderin wats better cause i was thinkin of buyin the VS3 and i was also lookin at the electra with eyes plz help thank you
and could u tell me the difference between the two

invisibledrummer
01-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey Shibey, welcome to the forums.
I have an Electra myself so i will try to make this unbiased.

the VS3 and Electra are very similar in the fact that they both have the rocking trigger and delrin bolts. basically the only thing that sets the VS2/3 apart from the Electra w/ Eyes is the VS2/3's New Low pressure Valve. this allows you to fire the marker at around 200 psi out of the box, while the electra fires consistantly at about 550-600 psi out of the box.

as of right now, the Electra has more aftermarket upgrades like regulators, dropforwards, Vertical adapters...etc, than the VS series has. the aftermarket barrel selection for the VS3 is pretty limited because of the VS3's new design which puts a lip of metal over the barrel. unless you buy a thinner barrel it will not fit under that lip.

the decision really comes down to personal preference based on:

efficiency out of the box (200 psi for vs3 or 600 psi for Electra)
future upgradability (Electra has more choice if you ever decide to upgrade)
Looks (VS3 versus Electra)

the choice is yours. im just here to help
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. :thewave:

Drummer.

vwjimmy
01-16-2007, 05:35 PM
The VS Series has "3G Technology"...
put as simply as possible, the VS has a new internal system including a new valve system that allows it to operate at much lower pressures. This sets the VS apart from the Electra.
The Electra will handle CO2 much better though because CO2 is unregulated out of the tank, and can reach higher pressures than the VS Series seems to be comfortable with.
They are both fine markers. If you will be using CO2, I would go with the Electra with Eye. If you can swing using HPA, go for the VS..it is a great marker!
PS The search tool at the top of the page is fast and easy and you will find several posts on this topic.
Look here too, Otter knows all and has reviewed the VS as well as many Spyders
Otter SC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/)
Welcome to the KUSA/SOC Forums! :)

bigred76
01-16-2007, 05:41 PM
The difference is in the operation, with the VS3 having the new style of valve. It will have less kick, be more efficient, and more accurate right out of the box. VS's are having some problems with regulators and eyes right now, but if you don't mind risking having to send in a part of the marker for a replacement, it isn't bad for the price. I personally would take the risk, but that's just me. I also would have to caution you that the VS3 requires HPA as an air source.

EDIT: Guess this is what I get for taking so long to post... Didn't notice others had answered it first, LOL!

shibey
01-17-2007, 04:56 PM
thank you to all who posted i think i got in mind wat im gonna get now