PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Range Marker

Alex228
01-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Hey guys I've been lookin for a decent gun. Something different from a spyder, that performs pretty good out of the box.

Anyways after all my searching I keep seeing people praise the Promaster over the Ion. Another marker that is for sale for a price near my budget is the Angel Speed 04 or maybe 05. Well I was just wondering which one you guys would reccomend. Or if you have any others please let me know.

Thanks,

Alex

vikingshadow
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM
Of the four you mentioned, I'd go with the 05 Speed. There's really no comparison between the Speed, the Ion and the Promaster.

I've shot the Ion and the Promaster and they're alright, but my 04 Speed was so much better.

You didn't mention what your budge is. Approx. how much do you have to spend so we can tell you an accurate gun for the price.

wbpaintball
01-16-2007, 03:57 PM
i would recommend to you the new Smart Parts Epiphany for only $400.

The Smart Parts Epiphany builds on the world-class field-proven performance of the Ion with new features and improved consistency, it is set to take a new intermediate level position in the Smart Parts marker line.

Features:

Adjustable volume fire chamber for velocity stability at high rates of fire
All metal body, feedneck, and grip frame construction
Super-light, fast-acting bolt
Enhanced solenoid valve
Super-light magnesium alloy body, grip frame, and trigger
Conical trigger bearing which eliminates side to side trigger slop
Break-beam vision anti-chop technology
Interchangeable bore barrel - standard
Ergonomically designed trigger frame built to be walked
Three point trigger adjustment
Integrated air rail
Rail-mounted on/off ASA
High level of Ion compatibility - Epiphany owners can make use of many existing aftermarket accessories and Ion owners can upgrade to Epiphany level performance.
Ultra fast rate of fire - 17 bps in semi auto and rebound
10 bps in 3 shot burst or full auto modes

this is an extremely good gun wich i would highly recommend to you

leed
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd say a Promaster VS. Ion, I'd go for the Ion. It's simply cheaper, lighter, and costs a little less. Just as well, it's much easier to resell if you need to.

xtraking
01-16-2007, 04:07 PM
You can get dm4's fairly cheap now, have seen a few on here for sale as well.

bigred76
01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
:yeahthat: I think Hossy actually has his for sale right now in the sales section. Other than that, in the $300 range is the Shocker, PM5, Rail, and Mini. I personally would get an Ion over a Promaster (my Promaster had a massive leak which never got fixed, whereas I never had a problem with my Ion). It's just my personal preference.

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'd probably get a proto rail, or the Invert Mini, both are high performance guns for a low price.

marvin-martian
01-16-2007, 05:50 PM
i would recommend to you the new Smart Parts Epiphany for only $400.

The Smart Parts Epiphany builds on the world-class field-proven performance of the Ion with new features and improved consistency, it is set to take a new intermediate level position in the Smart Parts marker line.

Features:

Adjustable volume fire chamber for velocity stability at high rates of fire
All metal body, feedneck, and grip frame construction
Super-light, fast-acting bolt
Enhanced solenoid valve
Super-light magnesium alloy body, grip frame, and trigger
Conical trigger bearing which eliminates side to side trigger slop
Break-beam vision anti-chop technology
Interchangeable bore barrel - standard
Ergonomically designed trigger frame built to be walked
Three point trigger adjustment
Integrated air rail
Rail-mounted on/off ASA
High level of Ion compatibility - Epiphany owners can make use of many existing aftermarket accessories and Ion owners can upgrade to Epiphany level performance.
Ultra fast rate of fire - 17 bps in semi auto and rebound
10 bps in 3 shot burst or full auto modes

this is an extremely good gun wich i would highly recommend to you
...you just made a thread asking us what we thought of it. i wouldnt say this is too reliable of a post...

Jimmyd24
01-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I'd say a Promaster VS. Ion, I'd go for the Ion. It's simply cheaper, lighter, and costs a little less. Just as well, it's much easier to resell if you need to.
the promaster is lighter

Alex228
01-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys. My budget is 250-300. I was reading through pbnation and everyone seemed to like the Promaster over the Ion. Anyways so the Speed 04 and 05 are a better buy? The Epiphany is a bit out of my budget since I still have to buy a HPA tank.
This is going to be my first marker that is not a spyder so I want to make sure its a good marker and a good value. I've never even heard of the Rail and Mini, I'll check them out in PBreview. I also saw u guys mentioned the
DM4 and PM5 and Shocker. Any thoughs about these?

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
You might also want to look at the VS series if your budget is that low, because if you still have to buy an HPA tank that'll leave you with $180ish.

Alex228
01-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Well my marker budget is 250-300. I have some $ aside for the tank and hopper though.

bigred76
01-16-2007, 08:21 PM
Ah, for that price range I'd reccommend an Ion. Not bad at all for it's price, and for as much as you have you can get a fairly well upgraded one. I believe I saw one in the Sales Section (Pure Evil's) for $160, actually, with a feedneck and some other stuff.

vikingshadow
01-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Personally, I still say the Speed is better the other two you mentioned, but obviously that's my opinion and most others here don't agree...problem is, when most people consider guns, they consider the resale price rather than the performance, and that sways their decision a lot. Not saying that's what these guys are saying, but I read that a lot everywhere. I personally don't go into buying a gun thinking I'm going to sell it so I look at other features more than that.

The Rail and mini are still out of your price range - about 400.00 right now - a little cheaper if you look around. I did a review on the Rail if you want to search for it here. The mini is kind of questionable to me at this point in time.

Alex228
01-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Yeah same here. When I buy a marker im not thinking about how much money I will get when I sell it. Once I make my decision I can guarantee you guys I won't be selling it anytime soon at least. I just want a good performing marker for the money. So the Angel Speed5 still performs well, (is there a big diff. between that one and the Speed 4? Cause im looking here and the Speed 4 may be more withing my budget). The Ion is sounding pretty good right now aswell.The main features im looking for are:
Shoots awesome even when its mostly stock (unlike spyders)
Fast
Quieter
Not too much blowback

Thanks for all the responses guys. Let me Know

*** I've been reading some about the Proto Rail and it seems it performs extremely well. I know its a bit over my budget but may just be worth it, any comments?

Hossy
01-17-2007, 08:37 AM
the 05 speed has eyes, the 04 doesnt

out of those, get the 05

STRIKEFIRST
01-17-2007, 08:44 AM
I would take a look at a dangerous power fusion...Good reviews, good looks apparently great customer service (from what I've heard from fusion owners).

http://www.dangerouspower.com

* Electronic LED switch
* Semi / Ramping
* 9V Battery
* N2 / Compressed air
* 250 pis low pressure air-ram
* Quick-release bolt
* Overall-length 19.7”
*9V Battery
* Autococker 14-inch
two-piece barrel
* Weight 2.5 pounds
* Infrared rays sensor strike
* Vertical regulator
* Invisible screw
* ACE (anti-chop break
beam eye)
* Patented low rise clamp rapid feedneck
* Large trigger guard

vikingshadow
01-17-2007, 09:21 AM
*** I've been reading some about the Proto Rail and it seems it performs extremely well. I know its a bit over my budget but may just be worth it, any comments?

Search for Rail here. I've made two or three comments about it in rather long posts, even posted a review.

turbo chicken
01-24-2007, 01:09 PM
Buy a PGP and use the money you saved to play for the rest of the year...

but really the ion isn'ta bad gun ... with them at 125.00 used ... im thinking about picking one up myself

Triple xXx
01-24-2007, 01:15 PM
What's wrong with the VS3?????

nbishop66
01-24-2007, 04:22 PM
What's wrong with a VS3?
I'm know I'm going to get nailed for making this comment. Expensive, heavy, blowback!!!!!

Check out the ANS Razor ION on ebay for $250. It has at least $150 in ups for only $50 more. All the essentials, trigger, feedneck, QEV and a sick body and grip frame. Add a barrel and you are kickin' butt in no time.

turbo chicken
01-25-2007, 06:47 AM
What's wrong with the VS3?????

nothing they are great too ... i dont think they were in the list he posted ...(i didnot go back an reread the post os if it is in there i'm sorry ...)

Besides if he waits till the end of this year getting a used VS will definately be worth it ...

crux
01-31-2007, 06:23 PM
Proto Matrix Rail ftw. And Contrary to popular belief its amazingly strong (only a small handful of parts are made from polymers)... think colt handgun strong, not to mention really fast.

timbertiger20
01-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Mid End at $300 you can buy a used Freestyle V7 which trumps the Pro Master and ION by far! Faster, more reliable, and lighter. Also by far the easiest marker to work on I've ever seen! Only 3 moving parts!

samus129
01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
u could get a vs2 and lucky board if my math is right. vs2= 200 lucky spitfire=75 total 275.

wbpaintball
02-01-2007, 04:45 AM
" It's simply cheaper, lighter, and costs a little less. "

Doesnt cheaper and costs less mean the same thing?

mv540
02-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I agree with Vike, if you can get an angel speed 05, I think that will be your best choise...it shoots amazing and it's very relaible.