PDA

View Full Version : WHERE do ya find 5/32 X 5/8 screws

SparkyGT
01-16-2007, 10:03 AM
looking for some screws to go from ASA/drop to grip frame on pilots,tlx, these things are hard to find, i have a few with poor threads, and good luck finding a tap or die to clean up the square nut and screw. ????

Sandman_Bravo
01-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Just replace the whole thing with a new screw and nut from your local hardware store. Go the next size down and it should work. You might try looking in the yellow pages under industrial fasteners, I have a place by me called Rumetco that has any size, thread pich, lenghth you could want. If you don't have any luck, I've got the stock drop and asa with the screws from my pilot I'll sell you.

Sandman_Bravo
01-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Here's that store's site. They might ship what you need; it couldn't be more than a couple of dollars.

http://www.rumetco.net/

Good luck.

SparkyGT
01-17-2007, 07:13 AM
yeah i been checking locally, might have to switch sizes, most books i have at work dont list that weird size. might have to switch sizes, and thanks but i have too many stock drops :D - sent an email to kingman also.... will see what happens

STRIKEFIRST
01-17-2007, 07:47 AM
local hardware store near me sells them.

shunut
01-17-2007, 08:28 AM
I usually find the best selection of screws, nuts and bolts at places like True Value or Ace Hardware. Don't go to Home Depot or Lowe's, they rarely have the right size. Another good website to find screws, nuts and bolts is www.boltdepot.com. Hope you find what you need.