PDA

View Full Version : Obama-Clinton

Theheroguy
01-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Do You personally think that the united states is ready for a possible Obama/Clinton Clinton/Obama 2008 run? I don't think we can take it.

durrell
01-16-2007, 11:39 AM
We can take it. Because there is no way that they will get elected. 70 percent of Americans have already said if Hillary runs they won't vote for her. And there are many that have doubts about Obama too. They've said he needs more political experience before he runs for President/VP.

*EM1-Master*
01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Hillary = No. Female President = No.

PMS + Nukes = Oh ****.

MVS1
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
If Hillary gets elected by some miracle I'll be seeing what paintballing in Australia or Canada is like.

Theheroguy
01-16-2007, 12:06 PM
We can take it. Because there is no way that they will get elected. 70 percent of Americans have already said if Hillary runs they won't vote for her. And there are many that have doubts about Obama too. They've said he needs more political experience before he runs for President/VP.

EXACTLY what I said. but... 70% of america doesnt vote less than 50% does. Now if a black guy were running how many black people who don't vote would vote for him. I know we make up less than 15% of the population but every vote counts. I haven't even studied Obama or Clinton politicaly but I just wanted to know the whole reaction on the whole black/female thing.

durrell
01-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Color of their skin doesn't matter to me. Truthfully, if Obama was to run as VP to someone that was more moderate/possibly leans toward Conservative..they'd get my vote. Obama has several things I like for being VP, but since he leans towards the left I'd like to see someone run with him that is more right. I don't know if I will vote Giuliani or Obama in '08 if it comes down to it. It will depend who they both run with.

vikingshadow
01-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Personally, I'm waiting to see if Obama comes out of the shadows with something that makes him WORTHY of being president or vice president. I haven't heard of a single thing that he's done that would make me consider voting for him. People are excited about him because of his skin tone and how young he is, and how he speaks - I absolutely could care less about the skin color thing. Actions speak louder than words, to me.

I want to know what he's going to do for me and my family and friends - and the country - before I decide on him.

I will do everything I can around here to keep Hillary out of office. Now, I didn't like Bill, hated his politics - the sexual thing had nothing to do with that since I hated him before his first term was half over. But, I hated Hillary even more than him!

I'm going to wait on the Obama thing - let's see what others have to show, and then what he's going to do, then I'll make up my mind. But, in my mind, the politician that runs WITH Hillary is doomed. Their career will be over - point blank.

emf7301
01-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Voting for Obama is still up for grabs in my book. We'll see what he does.

Hillary on the other hand won't get my vote and never will if she runs. It's not a sexist thing, it's a ***** thing.

As vike has said, anyone that decides to run with Hillary is commiting career suicide.

shunut
01-16-2007, 01:29 PM
If McCain runs it doesn't matter who else runs, end of story.

xtraking
01-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Color of their skin doesn't matter to me.
Color of their skin matters to alot of ignorant people though.

durrell
01-16-2007, 02:22 PM
If McCain runs it doesn't matter who else runs, end of story.

Eh McCain is still up in the air too. I wouldn't mind it if McCain and Obama or McCain/Giuliani ran together.

Theheroguy
01-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I am going to start reseaching the presidential candidates right now

DRAGON
01-16-2007, 03:50 PM
I think some of you are missing the point in this pair. If they do sucker the Demo's into electing them as candidates, it will be the first time a high profile black man ran for presidential office and a woman for VP. They don't have to win to win. Just getting on the ballot will put them both in the history books of the USA. They don't have an ice cubes chance in hell to win this election IMO but may inspire other minorities and females to try in the future -

On an off topic note: whenever I hear or see the name 'Obama', for some reason a little flag jumps up in my mind that shouts out, "This had to be Osama Binladdens nick name when he was a kid" lol - :o

vikingshadow
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
ahem....pssst! Geraldine Ferraro ran with somebody back in the 80's - McGovern? something or other, I think...She disapeared pretty much forever after that.

<3 Dragon! :flowerred:

However, I'm not sure a black man has ever done this, and definitely not with a women.

spyderpaintball
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
I would love to see a McCain/Obama ticket.

shunut
01-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Eh McCain is still up in the air too.

Tis why I said "If"

durrell
01-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Tis why I said "If"

Oh, I know..I meant he's up in the air for me. Like I don't know if I would vote for him. Sorry..should have phrased that differently.

Moe
01-16-2007, 06:17 PM
On an off topic note: whenever I hear or see the name 'Obama', for some reason a little flag jumps up in my mind that shouts out, "This had to be Osama Binladdens nick name when he was a kid" lol - :o

Whether that was a joke or not, I don't know. But it is pretty ignorant to say, and honestly that is a big reason why he may not get a chance to run for president...because his name sounds like Osama. Pretty ****in trivial, but it is how this country is.

calebh
01-16-2007, 06:36 PM
umm, when did we celebrate the new year of 2008? come on, this session of congress has been in for 2 weeks, and we're already talking about the next president, 2 years away? you're kidding me... at least wait until february :dodgy:

Ace24
01-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Hillary = No. Female President = No.

PMS + Nukes = Oh ****.
Males PMS too.

DRAGON
01-16-2007, 06:59 PM
Whether that was a joke or not, I don't know. But it is pretty ignorant to say, and honestly that is a big reason why he may not get a chance to run for president...because his name sounds like Osama. Pretty ****in trivial, but it is how this country is.

Not ignorant but observant my friend. If it is ignorant than you are as ignorant since it seems you agree that his name sounds like Osama and it has a chance of deterring his chances of a win. :o Image is everything and that name has loser all over it. Just to prove it, if Schwarzenegger was born in the USA, he'd prolly be our next president. Nothing to do with the name though extremely recognizable but I'll bet other politicians would kill to have his image mind set in all the American voters minds -

Moe
01-16-2007, 07:11 PM
Not ignorant but observant my friend. If it is ignorant than you are as ignorant since it seems you agree that his name sounds like Osama and it has a chance of deterring his chances of a win. :o Image is everything and that name has loser all over it. Just to prove it, if Schwarzenegger was born in the USA, he'd prolly be our next president. Nothing to do with the name though extremely recognizable but I'll bet other politicians would kill to have his image mind set in all the American voters minds -

I ment it is ignorant that his name throws a red flag in your head. Osama, Obama, of course they sound similar. A 4 year old would know that. If you let that effect your vote, you are ignorant. And unfortunatly, may americans will hold his name against him.

durrell
01-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Yay for another political thread quickly on its way downhill. :down:

DRAGON
01-16-2007, 07:17 PM
I ment it is ignorant that his name throws a red flag in your head. Osama, Obama, of course they sound similar. A 4 year old would know that. If you let that effect your vote, you are ignorant. And unfortunatly, may americans will hold his name against him.

The thing that affects my vote is I'm a Republican and I wouldn't vote for either of them if their names were Martha and George Washington. Now GTFO Moe - ;)

durrell
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
The thing that affects my vote is I'm a Republican and I wouldn't vote for either of them if their names were Martha and George Washington. Now GTFO Moe - ;)

DRAGOWNED. :up:

marvin-martian
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Yay for another political thread quickly on its way downhill. :down:
which is why ive learned to stay out of them...

albertjackson99
01-16-2007, 07:36 PM
I think an Obama/Clinton ticket would probably win, but I don't think a Clinton/Obama ticket would win. Truthfully (and this is probably a mortal sin as a republican) I would vote for Obama/Clinton. I like Obama alot - Don't agree with much of his politics, but i believe he is a genuine person, or a very, very good liar. Either way, that's the type of person I want working for me. With Clinton as VP she really wouldn't have very much influence. A better ticket IMO would be Obama/Leiberman. I think you would have great balance and votability. Leiberman is perhaps the most respected democrat, very center-of-the-road, and well liked by many republicans. If I were the Dems, this would be the ticket I would run with.

Moe
01-16-2007, 07:43 PM

Then why even put that statement in your first post? You could have simply said I am a republican, I vote for republicans. I got owned? no...I'm done though. If you want anything else you can PM me.

calebh
01-16-2007, 07:55 PM
party loyalty FTL.

*cough* still two years off guys...

durrell
01-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Then why even put that statement in your first post? You could have simply said I am a republican, I vote for republicans. I got owned? no...I'm done though. If you want anything else you can PM me.

Drago put the little smirk/smiley face there for a reason..to show he was saying that as a joke. I'm pretty sure he wasn't insinuating that Obama was a terrorist. You need to get your panties out of a wad..;)

DRAGON
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM

Why? Because I can. :D

I've had industrial psychology in college and know how this stuff works. What relates industry to politics? Image......sounds like you're not fond of it but it's there just the same. Make a 'vote for me' poster of someone that has these long assed nose hairs coming from his nose and for some reason this person decides, "Hmmmm, there's something I don't like about this guy. Maybe it's his mustache.....oh wait....he doesn't have one....hmmmmmm" lol. They have no idea what it is but they don't like him. It's almost involuntary per se. Obama....Osama.....Usama......who cares about this guys views, there's just something people aren't going to like about him. This of course, not everyone will think in these terms but it's a hinderence. It would prolly affect more so the borderlines that have no real affiliation to either party -

Bill Clinton is Hillary's buffer. I suppose I wouldn't need to elaborate on that subject -

No need to flame me and call me ignorant because I think in these terms. I don't appreciate your mud slinging at all -

shunut
01-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh, I know..I meant he's up in the air for me. Like I don't know if I would vote for him. Sorry..should have phrased that differently.

I think he is still in shock that George beat him for the republican nomination.

calebh
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
ok, since yall are so eager, here's a countdown for you to the next presidential election (http://www.blingyblob.com/countdown/countdown.swf?tyear1=2008&tmonth1=11&tday1=4&thours1=0&tminutes1=0&event=the%20next%20presidential%20election&clr=0xFF0000&tseconds1=0)

how about bringing it up about the time of the primaries (which are still next year)

vikingshadow
01-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Ah, don't worry, it'll come back up again! What I find truly sad is the people who absolutely hate Bush won't give the Reps a chance to prove anything on their own. Stuff like that happens all the time...

Example - there was this weird woman teacher who won the Wal-Mart Teacher of the Year award a few years ago. I mean, this was the kind of woman who, if you saw her coming, you hid in your classroom and started praying she didn't see you duck in there. Really strange person. Well, after she won the award, she wore that smock everywhere, even IN walmart and to school. She made a point of entering herself in parades where she rode in a car with her name on the side of it - the whole bit. The principal even told her to stop, because it was getting out of control.

The next year, I won the very same award. Instead of it being this great honor at school, guess what it was, and still is to this day? Yep, a chance for other teachers to kind of smirk atcha. It's still a great honor because the parents and students vote for the teacher, but still.....

I see the same thing with the Republican party. While I like Bush, and approve of most of what he's done, the next Rep coming in won't stand a chance so the dems could enter the two worst, most party controlled people they chose, and still make a dang good show of it.

*EM1-Master*
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Males PMS too.
We go through hormone cycles, but not as severely as women do. And no, men do not menstruate, so no, males don't PMS. ;)

Moe
01-17-2007, 10:43 AM
And no, men do not menstruate

They don't? I mean...uhh....

Theheroguy
01-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Males PMS too.
We go through hormone cycles, but not as severely as women do. And no, men do not menstruate, so no, males don't PMS. ;)

:yeahthat: I was about to say that.
http://www.csun.edu/~psy453/menop_y.htm

calebh
01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
politics or pms... i cant tell which is worse... and when you put them together... *runs*

Theheroguy
01-17-2007, 05:25 PM
oh noes :doah: I started fights :punch: :nutkick: :argue:

marvin-martian
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
oh noes :doah: I started fights :punch: :nutkick: :argue:
dont be sad about it. its the way political threads go.