PDA

View Full Version : Paint

avantpaintballer99
01-15-2007, 08:01 PM
ok so ive been in this sport for quite a while now and have used quite a variety of paint in my years. im getting some paint for when we go play in a few weeks and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions of what i should try next. ive currently been shooting draxxus inferno and RPS all star
any suggestions?

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 08:09 PM
the local team here uses stinger. I like it but it didnt' do well in the colder weather. the team ended up having the same problem and switched to polar ice for cold weather. i also like dbx which i get at richard's sporting goods(richards is not the name the real name is 4 letters)

Hossy
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Frozen Marbalizer! hah
or how bout jawbreakers!
there cheaper then marbalizers
haha

thats not funny
on a serious note-
to save $ get zap

emf7301
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
I've found x-ball bronze to be a good quality paint. It's usually around 45 bucks. If i'm in a pinch and can't get to a paintball store, i'll grab some Scorch from walmart. It's about 35-40 bucks for 2 1000 round boxes at walmart or academy.

avantpaintballer99
01-15-2007, 09:03 PM
im not relle worried about how much the paint costs, im concrened more about whether its any good or not
i refuse to buy ANY paint at wally world, sorry
not funny at all bunk'd this is no place for your shinanagins (lol, love that word)

chubb0rz
01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Yes I would agree with you on walmart. I used to work there and their paint gets abused and its never stored properly. I would rather look for deals at a close shop. I cant recommend to many low grades because I get deals thru my shop but Blaze and Xball Silver or Bronze are good choices.

avantpaintballer99
01-16-2007, 06:48 AM
ive been wanting to try out the xball paint, but none of the local shops sell it around here :(

MVS1
01-16-2007, 11:02 AM
I've had real good results from RPS Premium, $40 a case and the silver/green shell with the green fill is UBER bright flourescent green and breaks everytime.

STRIKEFIRST
01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I get pmi rampage for 35 a case from local field...great consistancy decent shell nice fill. I usually get orange shell with orange fill.

I used to use zap spank for a cheap paint...toothpaste thick fill...if you get a good batch it's great if not...you can shoot around trees...and as an ADDED BONUS!!! you can reuse them because they almost never break!

Ok Humor over...Draxxus midnight is also good!

mv540
01-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Well actually Marbz and evil had work for me...never had any complains, very accurate, etc....

avantpaintballer99
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
I get pmi rampage for 35 a case from local field...great consistancy decent shell nice fill. I usually get orange shell with orange fill.

I used to use zap spank for a cheap paint...toothpaste thick fill...if you get a good batch it's great if not...you can shoot around trees...and as an ADDED BONUS!!! you can reuse them because they almost never break!

Ok Humor over...Draxxus midnight is also good!
i tried pmi rampage, i will never use it again, never went straight, and on a hot day it melts into a giant paintblob
i never reuse paint ive already shot,(unless im usin reballs:cool:) its just dumb, and a good way to **** up you internals
draxxus inferno is better :D

*EM1-Master*
01-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I usually shoot Evil... Great paint... On the pricey side, but never have problems with it.

clickclicksplat
01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
I usually shoot Scorch or Visible Impact... nice and cheap but still good quality. I'd recommend it for rec play, but for tourney ball you'll probably want higher-end paint.

I cannot stand marballizer, I've never had anything but problems with that paint. It breaks in my barrel quite a bit, and I have chopping problems on my TL-X (though that's not all the paint's fault, but marbs are the only paint I've ever chopped in it). Plus it is a really hard-shelled paintball, it leaves welts up the wahzoo. If you're playing with friends I wouldn't subject them to it.

My local Sports Authority carries WGP Domination paintballs for $45-$50 a crate. I find it to be fairly good paint, shell might be a little thin but other then that it works great.

clickclicksplat
01-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Price is not always indicitive of quality. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad, and just because it's expensive doesn't necessarily make it great. But fine - Dynasty Dragon (http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=YfnoRxe3eWHoclIZ2sEo7x1jXm_8T2DMHmM=?Pro ductID=NVSsFAY70mEAAAD5qh5A%2eF0Y) is the most expensive paint I've found at $80 a crate.

leaving big welts on your friends is a good thing in case you didnt know

Good idea! And while we're at it, let's jack our velocity up to 350 so maybe we can draw blood!

Halucin8
01-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Walmart here sells xball bronze here, but only in 1000 round boxes no cases :(

avantpaintballer99
01-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Price is not always indicitive of quality. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's bad, and just because it's expensive doesn't necessarily make it great. Good idea! And while we're at it, let's jack our velocity up to 350 so maybe we can draw blood
wow, thanks for the advice ill just go buy white box paint now instead of inferno :o
i just choose to buy more expensive paint, thats all
theres still nothing wrong with leaving a few bruises on your friends
(but maybe your a pansy, i dont know)

clickclicksplat
01-17-2007, 05:21 PM
wow, thanks for the advice ill just go buy white box paint now instead of inferno :o
i just choose to buy more expensive paint, thats all
theres still nothing wrong with leaving a few bruises on your friends
(but maybe your a pansy, i dont know)
Nothing wrong with a few bruises, no, but your whole goal in playing shouldn't be to hurt people.

timbertiger20
01-17-2007, 05:30 PM
xtreme paintball sells Xball very cheap delivered if you buy 4 cases at a time.....xball gold was $43 delivered to my doorstep and incredible paint!

avantpaintballer99
01-18-2007, 06:30 AM
xtreme paintball sells Xball very cheap delivered if you buy 4 cases at a time.....xball gold was $43 delivered to my doorstep and incredible paint!
so wait xtreme paintball is a webiste i assume??
i know a few guys who ordered paint online, broken paint in evry bag
that the only thing keeping me from ordering online, it sucks bcuz the prices are relle cheap too

clickclicksplat
01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
youre totally right
then could you please tell me where i said that?
because i would love to see something i didnt say

leaving big welts on your friends is a good thing in case you didnt know

Right there. That says to me that your goal is to leave welts on your friends.

avantpaintballer99
01-18-2007, 03:48 PM
what paint would you recomend, chronic, fuel, or evil?
and why?

timbertiger20
01-18-2007, 05:17 PM
xtreme paintball guarentees any broken paint! They have done perfect by me!