PDA

View Full Version : Rocking Trigger and Nitro???

unkledave
01-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Here's a question or 3,

I recently took all of my son's extra parts and some new one's and put together what I call the Frankenstein Victor. It worked fine before I added all of the extras and nitrogen. I'm having trouble making it through a game. I run out of air before I go through 1 hopper of paint. The gun starts sputtering. I played 4 games last week and refilled after each game. I aired it up and checked all fittings with dish-soap/water solution - no bubbles, so I'm ruling out a leak. I've read a few threads about Rocking Triggers and Nitrogen but haven't really found the answer to my problem.

Too many details???

I'm wondering if this is a spring, o-ring or a nitrogen problem.

THE GUN: Pic of gun in Sig
Body - Victor
Trigger - Kingman 2.0 Rocking Trigger
Hopper - Empire Reloader B2
Bolt - Kingman ACS-rear cocking
Hammer - Came with Trigger - New
Tank - 48/3000
Springs - Trinity

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

calebh
01-15-2007, 07:04 PM
does it work with co2? if it does, im clueless. if not, check the striker oring. if its cracked, the marker would be using a lot more air to recock. but im thinking it shouldnt recock at all if that's the problem. the springs would have to be really strong to do that, which would add to the problem. are you using the strongest spring in the kit? also, i noticed your hammer came with the trigger. make sure there is an oring on it. i would probly put the hammer in without checking, and with my luck there would be no oring, so just make sure lol

Hossy
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
1 leaks come out of other places than the fittings
2 Replace all orings
3 if your using full auto or burst it uses more air

unkledave
01-15-2007, 07:10 PM
At The time, I didn't have a C02 tank to check it that way.
The Striker is new with a new o-ring.
It has a stock valve spring and a medium striker spring.
I'm just rocking the trigger, no full auto.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
hmm well have you oiled the gun or lubed the orings lately?

Id suggest you get a reg, that may be the problem.

if you look in my sig under the DM4 F/S/T, click there for good regs

and also, welcome to the forums!
OtterSCcustoms.com is the spyder bible, check that too if you have questions

unkledave
01-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I oiled every o-ring when I built it.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 07:21 PM
hmm, then id suggest investing in a trinity frontblock

unkledave
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I'll have to look around for one. ANybody, Anybody???

Nenkitsune
01-15-2007, 07:38 PM
hmmm, that air consumption is insane. you should get around 450-500 shots out of that size of tank. have you tried using the stock springs. how much pressure is in the tank when it quits working?

unkledave
01-15-2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't tried anything, yet. It's freakin' freezin here.
The tank had a little pressure left, but not much.

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 08:06 PM
i do not see how a trinity front block that is higher flowign will help in this situation. I bought my son whos is 8 his first mechanicl paintball marker for christmas. he played 2 times with it before i got the chance to tear it apart. i noticed he was using a lot of co2 because he would killa 14 ounce co2 tank in about 2-3 hoppers. I shot the gun( i know i shouldn't have but it ended up helping me) without a mask on and i got hit with a blast of co2 in the face. i took the gun apart and there was no striker oring at all. We haven't had the chance to play again or shoot it since i am out of air but i think that was his major problem with the marker. I was shocked it woudl even recock

Hossy
01-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Halucin, i understand what your saying, but he said all orings are fine....
so now we must think of other ups

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 08:37 PM
what valve are you using and have you checked to amke sure you didnt' damage those orings when you installed that valve?

unkledave
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm using the stock valve.
All of the o-rings looked good when I built it.

calebh
01-15-2007, 09:02 PM
i just noticed that some ACS bolts dont work (as well) on some spyder markers. did you get the right one?

30637 can be used with Fenix.
30639 can be used with E-99, E-99 Avant, Flash, Flash LCD, Rodeo, Shutter, Xtra, Aggressor, Aggressor XT, TL and TL Plus.
30641 can be used with Imagine, Esprit, Victor and Victor II.
30642 can be used with Raven Nexion, Pilot, TL-X and TL-R

unkledave
01-15-2007, 09:05 PM
I believe so, it is the rear-cocking ACS Bolt for a Victor. I checked the specs when I bought it. Could it be smaller in diameter??

unkledave
01-15-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll leave my original post (above) to show my oversite of what turned out to be a Major Detail as an example to others.

Okay, I just found out the ACS bolt was purchased for a Shutter...
I have 2 Victor, 2 Victor II and 1 Shutter bodies in my "boneyard".
The reason I didn't use the shutter body when I built this gun is the angled feed neck restricted the gun & hopper from performing to max speed and was chopping paint.

What I have is the bolt that can be used with E-99, E-99 Avant, Flash, Flash LCD, Rodeo, Shutter, Xtra, Aggressor, Aggressor XT, TL and TL Plus.

Next stop... "Sales Corner" to find one of the bodies listed above...

Thanks CALEBH... your question made me think.

calebh
01-16-2007, 05:01 AM
no prob, that's what we're here for ;)

oh, and welcome to the boards :D

unkledave
01-16-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks everyone.. Now, I need to find another Spyder body.