PDA

View Full Version : Gun Lube

kettle korn
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
i just bought the vs2 and i have the silicone lube from my ion from smartparts. does it matter what lube i use on this gun or do i need the liquid lube. i figured lube is lube but thought i would ask first

Hossy
01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
no dont use the lube

just get pb gun oil, its cheap and it works fine

vwjimmy
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Lube is definately not lube....there are tons of differences...
The lube you have will be OK...JUST ON THE O RINGS!!!
Don't lube the bolt or any other Delrin parts...
Paintball specific oil is great and what I would recommend. It is easy to use, clean up, will not 'gunk' up your marker and is cheap....
You can pick up a bottle at most Wally Worlds and sporting goods stores that carry paintball stuff....

calebh
01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
try gold cup. good stuff. or if you have gun/bow oil, it works, too. ive used it for the past 3 years on my spyder, and it seems to protect the orings more than other lubes. just dont overdo it.

Sandman_Bravo
01-16-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.slickoleum.com/index.html

-read up on it. I'm using it on my pilot.

kettle korn
01-16-2007, 05:21 AM
thanks for the help

El Duche
01-16-2007, 08:10 AM
I use rem oil on my spyders. it's very light weight and so far I've yet to have an o-ring die. Although my spyders haven't seen CO2 in years. Some parts require a heavier lube like white lithium grease or shocker lube. read your manual and see if it requires a lighter or heavier lube. Chances are you can get by with using a lightweight oil on all the parts of your vs2. the only time a heavier lube is required is when there is a chance of your part having the air get oil in it and having that air blow into some electronics and fry them.