PDA

View Full Version : More Shots?

ttam13xlpb
01-15-2007, 06:32 PM
I have a spyder pilot acs with a 68/3000 and was wondering what the best way to get the most shots out of this setup?get better efficiency.

boomerisnuts
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
go low pressure. otters site explains it all.
boomer

Hossy
01-15-2007, 06:37 PM
going lp, and get a reg

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 08:11 PM
just a reg will help tremendously. then start the low pressure thing one piece at a time. just remember to install a reg on a pilot you will need a new vertical adapter at the same time so get high flowing one of find one from an older spyder and drill out before installing.

08Lud08
01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
go lp like they said and maybe get a bigger tank.

STRIKEFIRST
01-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Start with a regulator and a spring Kit. Then consider going LP.

Use the reg and the spring kit to tune your marker...see otters site.

*EM1-Master*
01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Going LP will be the biggest gain in efficiency... First off, you'll need a regulator and spring kit. Drilling out your V/A will also be a big help getting more flow. The better flow you get, the lower you can bring your pressure... A high-flowing valve will be the part that will allow you to lower your pressure the most. My personal preference is the Rocket valve... Keep your eye on the sales forums here and on PbN and you can pick one up pretty cheap. The stock bolt flows alright, but you could consider getting an aftermarket bolt with slightly higher flow. If your goal is efficiency, you might want to set a pressure goal of about 300psi. Lower than that will likely be heading back down the curve of efficiency.

Total cost? If you shop around, you could probably pull it off for about $75-$100...

Hob Hayward
01-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Eh, if you're buying all used you MIGHT be able to get something that works fro 75-100, I'd spend the money and get a decent reg, and a good valve. I'd also spend the money on a real aftermarket VA, the modded stock ones just don't work aswell in my experience. I'd expect to pay at least $150.

*EM1-Master*
01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't like to think of pre-owned regs as "used"... I prefer to look at them as, "pre-broken-in" :) Best reg I ever owned was my ANS that looked like it had seen its better days but was consistent as all get out, as it'd had a long, long time to break in... Haha but yeah...

I've drilled stock V/A's damn near hollow. Wide open flow. They work just fine. The most important parts that need to be purchased, IMO, are the valve and the reg. You can get decent deals on those two for about $80 on PbN...

After that, if you want to go even farther, you can look for new bolts and a light striker to lower the cycling mass for less kick...

Hob Hayward
01-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh I cut the crap out of my stock spyder VA, the plate with the hole in it where the ASA threading is I removed entirely, depsite that, the real thing that counts is the hole that goes directly into the Valve Chamber, thats ones the hardest to expand on because of the screw hole, and the fact that it has to seat the valve spring.