PDA

View Full Version : V/A and Reg

invisibledrummer
01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
hey everybody, im thinking of getting a Trinity front block (black) pretty soon when i get some moolah :moneyeyes:. i was just wondering what regulator you guys would recommend to get with it. im planning on going low pressure over the next couple months, since i dont have much money and im going to do some stuff to get a little at a time. i have an Electra '06 by the way.

so long story short: what regulator do you recommend for a person planning on going low pressure that will work hp (for now) and lp (for later) that would also go well with the trinity front block reverse 15* and have a fast recharge rate.

ps. I use HPA

also, what is a good drop forward with on/off (the stock one on the Electra is kind of akward.)
and what valve would you guys recommend for lp.

thanks in advance

Drummer

Hossy
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
check the link in sig, not the DM, it has alot of regulators there.

id suggest getting a CP directmount asa, but it you want a dropforward, i guess id get a flame drop, if thats the look your going for

vwjimmy
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Wow, lots of opinions are gonna be flying here but here goes my .02 worth.
Regulator: I use BL Torpedos on my Spyders. The are absolute tanks and are good to go for CO2 as well as HPA. With a Trinity block and no other mods, the Torpedo will provide enough pressure and as you continue your LP quest, you will be able to adjust it down as you go. I have a Torpedo and Trinity on my Fenix and I think they look great together! It has a T Board and eyes and I usually rip it as fast as possible and I have never had a recharge problem on HPA!
Valve: I use NDZ valves in my LP Spyders. They flow well, are easy to tune with a 32* Spring Kit, and simple to install. Madman makes a great valve, the Rocket Valve, and it is awesome as well, but works kind of differently and if you are not looking to squeeze every psi you can, the NDZ is fine.
Hope this helps you get started!
I am sure others here will have some different suggestions too....
Make sure you check out Otters site too! Here is a link:
OtterSC Customs (http://www.ottersccustoms.com/)

invisibledrummer
01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. Im definitely familiar with the Spyder bible and i just wanted some other opinions too.

Right now it looks like im going to go with the Bob Long Torpedo Reg and the CP direct mount on/off asa but i was looking at the Custom Products grip Reg and i was wondering if that is a good reg. on the ultimate resource thread it is listed as high end where as the bl torpedo is mid.

and one last question. do you think silver asa, va and reg would look better on an '06 Electra or would black look better?

bracer028
01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
cp reg is awesome too.

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 06:05 PM
most use the bob long around here because they work great with co2 and hpa. if you never use co2 then the cp reg is great.

Jegger24
01-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I have a CP on my 06 Electra and it works fantastic. I went with the black on mine...PM me if you want some pics to see what it would look like. I also went with the Madman Rocket Valve. It takes a little tuning, but it is a sweet valve.

The marker was pretty nice out of the box, but once you go LP, you are gonna be amazed. Best of luck!

STRIKEFIRST
01-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Personally I have the trinity VA...love it.

I just swapped from a cheap PMI reg (will keep for a back up or spyder pump project) to a bob long torpedo...you can get torps like new for around $30.

I must warn you...once you start to tinker with a Spyder...it's an instant addiction!