PDA

View Full Version : Ball's popping?

Shado
01-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I have had my electra for about a month or two and haven't used it much. Anyways, yesterday I went paint-balling with my friends and when I shot, the balls kept popping and it has also been doing it before.. any ideas on what I should do? Also, what does the thumb adjuster w/ screw thing do?

Thanks.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
the thumb adjuster makes the velocity go up and down.

is popping mean like exploding in the gun?

welcome to the forums!

Shado
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM
So if I turn the knob, do you think it would help the balls to stop popping?

For the actual popping, they pop in the barrel and it get back to the receiver. I clean my gun after usage because of the popping.

clickclicksplat
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
If by "popping" you mean breaking in the barrel, my guess is you're using paintballs with a larger bore size then your barrel. Since they don't fit right, they explode when they try to squeeze into the barrel. When you've had this probelm in the past, were you using the same type of paint you are now? If not, then maybe bad detents are a possibility? You could be double feeding.

If they're breaking in the breach, you could be chopping... are you outshooting your hopper?

So if I turn the knob, do you think it would help the balls to stop popping?

For the actual popping, they pop in the barrel and it get back to the receiver. I clean my gun after usage because of the popping.

If you turn the knob to the right, it will increase your velocity (I think). Left will decrease it. If the velocity is too high, the air in your gun could be breaking the balls and reducing the velocity would help that. I dunno how electras are, but my TL-X came with a tiny screw in the thumb adjuster that wouldn't let me turn it past a certain point. If you've removed that, there's a possibility you've screwed your velocity too high.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 03:20 PM
If by "popping" you mean breaking in the barrel, my guess is you're using paintballs with a larger bore size then your barrel. Since they don't fit right, they explode when they try to squeeze into the barrel. When you've had this probelm in the past, were you using the same type of paint you are now? If not, then maybe bad detents are a possibility? You could be double feeding.

If they're breaking in the breach, you could be chopping... are you outshooting your hopper?

:yeahthat:
also your velocity may not be high enough or too high

Shado
01-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Well guys, I fixed it. I just shot a whole bag of crappy paintballs(like around 300-500) and only like 3-5 balls broke in the barrel. All I did was turn the knob a little bit.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 03:51 PM
good job :)

glad we could help.
3-5 balls breaking isnt good, but that may be because of the bad paint

Shado
01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I didn't want to use my good balls because I am probably going to go again soon. But the balls that I shot are POS.

STRIKEFIRST
01-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Well guys, I fixed it. I just shot a whole bag of crappy paintballs(like around 300-500) and only like 3-5 balls broke in the barrel. All I did was turn the knob a little bit.

Please please please for your safety and the safety of others...be a responsible baller and chronograph your gun! (Have the feet per second of the ball checked).

The most important thing in paintball is number one your eye protection and number two making sure your marker is under 300 fps preferably 280 fps.

Get you FPS down to 280 and then we can help trouble shoot.