PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in a regulator

Reedoc
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
how will i know when it is broken in? Every time i shoot the gauge will show air pressure going down about 20 psi then coming back up to what it was before....this natural?

Sandman_Bravo
01-15-2007, 01:56 PM
gun model, stock or aftermarket reg?

Reedoc
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Spyder Vs3 stock

bamf-hacker
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
it is the stock VS reg

and I answered you in IM :)

You will know that your reg is broken in when you are getting constant shots over the chrono. About a case or 2 most of the time.

Hob Hayward
01-15-2007, 03:14 PM
LoL I said the same exact thing in an IM convo with him.

Xtreme
01-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Hob Hayward,

I noticed in your sig block that you have a palmer regulator, I have always heard that it take a few tanks of air to break in a regulator. I was just curious what you guys mean by breaking in the reg. I purchased a female palmer reg about a month ago but have only got about two days of play out of it, and to be honest I was a little disappointed in the performance, my FPS are all over the place. it didnt matter if I was using HPA or CO2. Any thoughts. I was under the impression that using a reg would make my gun efficent and more consistent.

spyderpaintball
01-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Regulators are based on springs. Wearing in a Regulator just means breaking in the spring until it is at a constistant pressure. Usually about 2-3 cases depending on the reg. You will notice more consistant shots across a crono after the reg has been broken in, but dont worry about it. Due to the differences in regs as well as batches of the same reg there is no set amount of shots. Just go out and play with your gun and it will break in eventually.

wbpaintball
01-16-2007, 12:51 PM
umm is it the gauge on yoru hpa tank or the actual gun? if its on the tank just think about returning that one and getting a new one. if its the gun than umm try calling the kingman spyder people and ask about the vs3