PDA

View Full Version : TL-R Leak

samba371
01-15-2007, 11:55 AM
I recently played with my TL-R and when I tried to screw on the CO2 gas leaked from all over the gun. I brought it to the local paintshop and got all new o-rings on the gun, but it still doesn't work. If anyone knows how to fix it, please help me.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
tighten the steel braided hose, and then check your valve and pin to make sure there are no problems

vwjimmy
01-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Can you be more specific about where the gas is comming out? Is it leaking from the barrel? The back? The hose? Or even from the ASA (where you screw in the tank) Also, did you replace the o ring on the tank too? That o ring is the one that always seems to fail first!
Let us know where it is comming from so we can better help out!
Welcome the the KUSA/SOC Forums!!!

samba371
01-15-2007, 05:32 PM
I know its not the co2 i checked the o ring and tried 3 different tanks

Hossy
01-15-2007, 05:34 PM
put the co2 in and let it leak, and listen to where it is comming from, and then report back pronto :)

MaxPower
01-18-2007, 05:41 AM
I'm having the same issue. I can hear my leak coming from the barrel.

I pulled the regulator out to clean it due to paint and what not getting in there, then once put back together I had a leak. I added some oil last night to the o-rings and may have fixed the problem, but I want to know if I'm on the right track since I'm playing this weekend.

Any help is appreciated.

samba371
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Thats ecactly what mine is doing.

bigred76
01-19-2007, 04:10 PM
If it's leaking out the barrel, replace the cupseal. That's normally the problem, even if you can't see the nick/scratch on the cupseal.

kidonfire
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
:yeahthat: and is it leaking even when the gun is cocked? The striker may be pressing down on the pin hard enough to let some air through.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 12:22 AM
... is it leaking even when the gun is uncocked?
;)

Get back to us when you can with more info if that doesn't solve it so we can help you fix it!

MaxPower
01-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I think I've resolved my issue.

When I took the regulator apart to clean, I did not oil the o-rings.
Once the marker was put back together, I tested it, as always, and heard the leak. Leaked more on the no-cocked than on the cocked, but I heard it both ways. This was the first time I'd taken this part of the gun apart so I knew it was isolated to this point. Thanks for the responses and advice. Will post more if the problem continues.

ooglieboogliebob
01-20-2007, 10:53 PM
So it still does leak ?? Replace the cupseal AKA white thing that looks like a hat. When you take the Vertical adaptor off it's the piece on the spring.

Hob Hayward
01-20-2007, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I have to agree with ooglieboogliebob here, sounds like a cupseal leak. when its leaking, air is hissing down the barrel and out the feedneck correct?

MaxPower
01-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back with yall.

So far so good. I think the leak stopped after I lubed up the o-rings.
I've only had the marker for two years and play maybe 9 months out of the year, so the cupseal is still in good shape. The only thing I didnt do after cleaning the o-rings was to re-lube them. Suppose to play this weekend, hopefully, it's been raining forever so we keep postponing our games.

Thanks again.

MaxPower
02-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Update.

Gun worked great, except it was cold out and i kept breaking balls in the chamber. Bought a Spyder ACS bolt to slap in to help prevent that for future games.

Backmanshooter
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Thats good. Try and play where its not as cold, like an indoor palce. you wont have as many chops as you used to.

lucifer_sam
02-16-2007, 12:59 PM
The ACS bolt WILL NOT WORK. It relies solely upon spring tension to resolve chopping problems, but the overwhelming operating pressure of the gun may shatter them anyways. Send the ACS bolt back and buy a new regulator - a Bob Long Torpedo or Palmer's Stabilizer. Trust me, they work beautifully. I bought the Stabilizer a couple weeks ago, set it on 425 psi and I have not had a single ball break in over 700 rounds. Now, my MR2 I'm not quite sure about. But the TLR works fine with an inline reg.