PDA

View Full Version : Loader

TLXshoota
01-15-2007, 07:35 AM
I have been looking around the forums here and I notice alot of people talking about electronic loaders, what exactly do these do, how do they work and should I get one for my TLX?

Thanks.

Hossy
01-15-2007, 07:36 AM
yes, get one if you get the CAMD display.

A electronic or agitated loader has an engine inside of the loader which makes it spin when there is no ball in the feedneck of the loader, so a ball will be there, so you can shoot as fast as possible.
they are definatly worth the money

vikingshadow
01-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Basically there are 3 different kinds. Those that have eyes, those that have ears, and those that continuously agitate.

A loader with eyes "sees" if there is paint in the feedtube. If not, it agitates the balls in the loader so the tube will fill. These loaders are like the Vlocity, the Halo and the Evolution (Eggy).

A loader with ears "hears" or actually senses vibrations from the gun as it's being shot. The agitation activates the motor which agitates the balls and fills the feed neck. (See Reloader, Reloader B and Reloader B2's here...)

A loader with constant agitation means the balls are constantly in motion. (see the anti-loader, the VL Quantum.)

Basically, the whole idea is to keep the balls from bogging and clogging up the feed tube area and to ensure a faster shooting gun...

Halucin8
01-15-2007, 08:38 AM
what about those with tabs ricochet or fasta? there is a tab that when a ball puses it down it cycles the motor to feed another ball

yamaha cow
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
yah the vlocity is a force feed hopper that will push teh balls in to the gun using the eys so its contintyl running depending on ur setting or force mode.

Xyxyll
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
The issue with shooting paint quickly, is it is normally accelerated downward at the speed of gravity (optimally), which is supposed to be equivalent to around 13bps. With standard 200rd hoppers, paint gets jumbled up at the hopper's exit hole. This is called a hopper jam. This creates an inconsistent feed rate and overall a lower bps achievement. In order to solve this problem, a few hoppers hit the market that utilize a fan blade on the inside of the hopper that spins and "agitates" the balls around. This makes it much less likely to run into jam problems. These loaders were superior for what they did, but the industry quickly caught back up and surpassed the agitating loaders. Soon a demand grew for balls to feed into the marker faster than gravity could offer. Tippmann came out with a spring-loaded feed system on one of their markers, and AGD came out with their force-fed warp-feed system, but neither really hit the market as hard as the Halo. The Halo series sparked the widespread use of force-fed hoppers. We are now in the "era" of force-fed hoppers.

Standard hopper - No agitation, balls jam at exit.
Agitated hopper - Fan blade stirs up paintballs to prevent/eliminate jams
Force-fed hopper - Paintballs are shot down into the paintball gun with some method of force

TLXshoota
01-16-2007, 03:52 AM
Ok I think I get it now, thanks.

Sandman_Bravo
01-16-2007, 03:59 AM
You don't have to spend a lot of money on a top of the line hopper right off either. My first was the Empire Re-loader and I paid about $45 for it. I like the sound activated hoppers since I mainly play woodsball and don't want to have a continuous motor buzzing. Any hopper that doesn't run when your not firing is good for woodsball, if it is capable of keeping up with how fast your marker can shoot. Good luck.

wbpaintball
01-16-2007, 12:48 PM
umm definately get the electronic loader. theres a rotor in the loader and it'll funnnel your paintballs into your barrel more quickly whcih will allow for maximum bps. they are well worth it

wbpaintball
01-16-2007, 01:18 PM
An electric loader is a great acsessory to have on your paintball marker. They can allow you to preload the feed spring and manually feed up to 30 balls per turn in case of battery failure or to clean a ball jam. It uses a spring-driven, true force feed ball stack which keeps the stack intact at all times. It also provides instantaneous acceleration when paintballs are needed.
With eye-based ones, you will hear it spin usually before you run out of
paint. So, that is a better warning sign than purely running out of paint.

With force-fed ones, you can shoot from various angles with no problem.

Also, even at 3-4bps, a slower loader is more likely to knock the balls
around instead of loading them, so when it really matters you may end up
shooting 1-2bps or less! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.