PDA

View Full Version : thinking about getting a pulse?....read before you buy

Muddytaco
01-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Well I got my pulse and rf chip from durrel on friday. Came nicely packed with instructions that pretty much tell you how to do everything.

First thing i did was put it on pulse mode and preformed a few drop tests, noticeable difference in the speed compared to my halo with v35. After the excitement of the drop test wore off i installed the rf chip into my dm6. Pulse sync'd up with the chip very first try. I turned the pulse back on in rf mode, pulse responded everytime i pulled the trigger.

I started shooting a pod through it and about half way through it just stopped, thought it was a jam so i went to hit the reverse/unjam button, nothing happened. I turned the pulse off, emptied out the balls and tried turning it back on, no response in rf or pulse mode.

Tried several new batteries, still nothing. Tried to sync the gun again, worked fine, picked up the signal on first try. Turned the pulse back on still nothing from the motor, LEDs work but motor refuses to spin.

I went to PBN and found several threads on the first page explaining the same problem. Obviously this is a problem with the current run of pulse hoppers. I plain on calling tomorrow morning when pulse tech support opens to see what i should do, which hopefully involves sending in the pulse for a new one.

My advice for people thinking of buying a pulse right now, wait awhile until all the bugs are worked out before buying.

i will update as i hear back from DXS.

Muddytaco
01-15-2007, 10:03 AM
Got this e-mail from them today:

Please send the loader, a note explaining the problem and your return address to:

DXS Pulse Support

14235 John Marshall Highway

John Marshall Highway

Gainesville, VA

The loader will be repaired or replaced as necessary. The loader will be returned upon
repair/ or replacement via UPS ground.

DXS Pulse Tech

bamf-hacker
01-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Funny, I wonder if my Pulse has the same issue. I have not RF'd it yet so I can't tell. In pulse mode though it is working flawlessly.

yamaha cow
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
ups ground wat teh hell they should send it next day for spending that much on something and then having a problem with it thats BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shunut
01-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I've heard many, many people saying they have had problems with their Pulse. Looks like maybe they didn't workout all the bugs before they released it.

calebh
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
does microsoft own DXS?

i usually dont buy anything as soon as its released, just so that all the bugs can be worked out. give it a few months, and it will be fine.

Sandman_Bravo
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Wait long enough and the price comes down too.

spyderpaintball
01-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Exactly why is still use an Empire Reloader B. Reliable and fast.

timmyshoota
01-15-2007, 08:01 PM

Amen. Have never had problems with my Reloaders. Every other hopper I've owned has had problems though.

wbpaintball
01-16-2007, 12:54 PM
uhh my friend has the pulse and i remember him having the same problem. what he did was he took the batteries ouut of the pulse and then he unscrewed the battery and motor frame. there was actually paint all stuck in the motor so he cleaned it out with his hands and put it back in and it was fine

vikingshadow
01-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Amen. Have never had problems with my Reloaders.

Make that 3 of us - no reason for the latest high speed feed demon! My Reloader B has served me well! It's super reliable and super fast (at least, fast enough for me!)

samus129
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
what differnt modes does the pulse have

vikingshadow
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Apparantly 2 - Broken and Working!

HA!

Muddytaco
01-17-2007, 02:37 PM
two:

rf mode- use a chip inside the gun that sends a signal to the hopper to spin every time the noid fires, it also pulses every 5 sec

pulse mode- the hopper senses the tension on the wheel every .5 sec and spins if there is no tension

there is also a button the will spin the motor in reverse incase there is a jam.

HA!

hahahahahhahahaha

timbertiger20
01-17-2007, 04:36 PM

HA!

LOL.......quote of the week!