PDA

View Full Version : Spyder VS3 Accuracy issues...

Reedoc
01-14-2007, 02:15 PM
Mild wind, full hopper, freshly filled tank. Nice paint, fully stock VS3. I take a few shots, not bad. Once i start to fire at faster rates balls are flying everywhere! Im aiming at a board about 20 feet away and my shots are almost 5 feet away from eachother when they hit. Is there anything i can do to my marker or my barrel to make it shoot straighter more consistently? Or do i have to just get a new barrell

Hossy
01-14-2007, 02:29 PM
what is your definition of Nice paint?

it may be paint to barrel match, or just bad paint

Reedoc
01-14-2007, 02:36 PM
.68 Cal paint.... .68 Cal Marker....I don't know about the paint/barrel ratio. Vs3 Stock barrels have gotten a bad rep....idk

DRAGON
01-14-2007, 02:44 PM
If it's a brand new VS, it's going to take a little time for the reg to get broken in. It's the same for any new regulator. If the reg is not consistent, neither will the shots from the marker because the velocities are fluxuating with the erratic flow of the reg. If you want to break it in w/o using a lot of paint, just shoot a couple tanks of air through it. Put a condom on the barrel then hold it down(try to block the pressure) with your hand. This will conserve on using the air in the tanks so quickly. Make sure the marker is well lubed as well before doing this -

Oh BTW......are you using C02 or HPA? -

clickclicksplat
01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Even though they all say .68, paint/barrel bore sizes range from around .685 to about .693. My guess would be bad paint/bore match.

Take your barrel off and put a paintball in the end of it. If you can blow it through the barrel without too much effort, it's a good size. If it just rolls through on its own it's too small, and if it takes alot of huffing and puffing to get it through, or won't go throug hat all, it's too big. Too small is probably better then too big. It won't be as accurate, but if the balls are too big then they'll break alot from being forced into too small a barrel.

Reedoc
01-14-2007, 02:51 PM
Alright guys, thanks a lot. I noticed that some balls would roll through....some balls would get stuck and require small blows....some would require a lot. Very ****ty paint?

To the other question - HPA

clickclicksplat
01-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Alright guys, thanks a lot. I noticed that some balls would roll through....some balls would get stuck and require small blows....some would require a lot. Very ****ty paint?

To the other question - HPA

If you got that much variation out of one crate of paint, then yeah, it's probably either old or just cheap paint... What kind is it?

Reedoc
01-14-2007, 03:17 PM
Nightmare

DRAGON
01-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Nightmare

What an appropriate name -

Reedoc
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
lolol.

newkid
01-14-2007, 04:38 PM
What an appropriate name -

hehe, that makes me laugh!

kenangelamuna
01-15-2007, 10:50 AM
you need to break in the reg first. accuracy will improve and replace the stock barrel for a JJ ceramic with a thin back