PDA

View Full Version : dont know if im gunna spend the money

applesauce
01-14-2007, 09:16 AM
seems like there are a lot of problems with these markers. if you look through the forum, almost every post is some kind of problem. sorry spyder, looks like you fell a little bit short of the mark with this guy!

Hossy
01-14-2007, 09:22 AM
actually alot of people like them. The only problem ive seen is the leaks in theVS3

there would be alot of people selling if it wasnt a good gun, and theyre arent alot of sales going up in the BST section

Halucin8
01-14-2007, 09:26 AM
also what kind of posts do expect to find. most post in any forum no matter the marker are problemsa nd if you go by that all markers will fall short of expectations.

DRAGON
01-14-2007, 09:38 AM
As 'H' mentioned, all you're going to find posted in forums is people asking tech questions. How many posts do you see in any forums that are titled, "My marker's doin fine. Don't need any tech info at all" lol -

I'm sure you'd have much less probs with a stock Ion - :dodgy:

bigred76
01-14-2007, 09:42 AM
:yeahthat: The VS series has some problems with board logic, eyes, and the regulator. Not altogether "bad" as far as some of the markers out there on the market nowadays... *cough* Freestyles *cough* :tongue:

killerpinecone
01-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Just like any other guns, they have a few problems here and there but thats just paintball, i never see threads about people saying my guns perfect, but not just the people saying bad things about the vs guns are the only people that have the gun, GET IT ITS A NICE GUN!!

jorjones75
01-15-2007, 07:59 PM
I absolutely love my VS2, its the best gun that i've ever owned...by far. After buying a board (70$) and a upgraded barrel, my VS2 will keep up with any gun that i've seen in 2 or 3 months, if not run off and leave them in accuracy and speed. No problems whatsover with regulators, re-cocking issues, leaking, or anything.

kettle korn
01-16-2007, 04:26 AM
i love this gun never had a problem just make sure you check all the screws i had a some loose ones when i bought it

applesauce
01-16-2007, 08:54 AM
it still seems like spyder is having some quality control issues though, i like the looks of the gun and all, esp that all red (forget the name) version. but i with they would take the extra step to make sure they arnt letting so many little things get by, ie.. loose screws, leaky hose, bad regs ect...i think i may just spend a little more cash and get an epiphany or PMR.

Ares
01-16-2007, 10:38 AM
for $190 its a great gun, i love mine and have had no problems with it. for that "little extra" $200 of course you will get better performance

Reedoc
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
Actually , with my Vs3...all of the maintenance that's been really required. It's taught me a lot about what my gun's internals do and how to fix something when something goes wrong.

Triple xXx
01-18-2007, 03:25 PM
seems like there are a lot of problems with these markers. if you look through the forum, almost every post is some kind of problem. sorry spyder, looks like you fell a little bit short of the mark with this guy!

I don't believe that there are that many problems. It just seems that way. Just like there are 10 million airplane flights before one crashes. Then when one crashes, everyone thinks that flying is not safe.

You'll never hear, "Man, I shot my Spyder all week and it was great!" That's because everything is fine and dandy.

You'll mostly hear problems because people want to have fun!

If it's mechanical, you're going to have issues no matter what the brand.

That's what these Forums are for, trouble shooting........

scpres1
01-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Also, your probably hearing a lot of problems because people dont want to post about how good their VS is or something.....Most people post because they are having a problem, and need help.

Halucin8
01-18-2007, 05:30 PM
how many vs series markers do you think kingman has produced. a whole lot of them. now count up the "bad" postsa bout them for problems and i bet it is less than 5% and probably less than 2% of the total made. you are only seeing a small section of the markers that are out there.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 04:43 PM

The only VS series I've seen on the playing fields was last weekend (VS3). It performed OK for about 3 rounds then the owner was complaining that the marker was leaking air, and not accurate with shots. I do not own a VS nor would I buy one after I saw it in play. I would describe this marker as "entry level", the kind your grand mother would get at Wal-Mart as your birthday gift.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 04:57 PM
I would tend to argue that. Have you seen this owner play before with a high-end marker? Or was this his first time out? You have to take into account user-error.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I would tend to argue that. Have you seen this owner play before with a high-end marker? Or was this his first time out? You have to take into account user-error.

Agreed, I do not know the player. however I did ask him if he's played this sport much and his reply was 2 years. Not sure if thatís every weekend or not, but still thatís better than most, wouldnít you agree? When your going up against the like's of Dye's & Angel's (which is par for most places these day's) and most players are seasoned (at the places I frequent) from what I saw this marker just did not cut it. Thats all, my 2 cents for what its worth.

bigred76
01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Ah, I see what you mean... I recently lent a friend of mine's son my Ion after running out of paint (took out everyone but one the last 4 games with that sucker), and he made it half-way through a game and called himself out. He came over to me handing me my marker saying "It's broken." I looked at him odd, turned it on, handed it back over, and kicked him back onto the playing field.

It's not in the marker, but more the player to prove the marker worthwhile. ;)

Command2A
01-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Ah, I see what you mean... I recently lent a friend of mine's son my Ion after running out of paint (took out everyone but one the last 4 games with that sucker), and he made it half-way through a game and called himself out. He came over to me handing me my marker saying "It's broken." I looked at him odd, turned it on, handed it back over, and kicked him back onto the playing field.

It's not in the marker, but more the player to prove the marker worthwhile. ;)

Exactly, this sport is all about strategy first, then the marker. As long as you can push paint @ 280 fps (30-BPS helps) you are equal. The marker is merely the tool in which you deliver your message. The rest is all strategy (your move)

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 06:00 PM
if after watching one person play with a marker you are going to label bad you must be glad it was a spyder to pick on. I have seem timmies break in games does that make them bad? I have seen ions break before they even got on the field at a tournement once. does the ion suck? I htink you need to know the history of themarker. was it taken care of. does the kid even know how to hook up the air the first time? I think you are jumpig the gun saying the gun is bad from that expierence. just my 2 cents.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
No argument here, from experience. I have owned many a Spyder, still do and I'm no stranger to modifications of markers, all Ií am pointing out is what I witnessed, and nothing more. I do play this sport (ALOT) and pay memberships and own numerous markers. (not bragging) just talking from experience. My first choice of marker (from what I know now) would not be a Kingman product. (Sorry for that) but blowback technology just does not cut it in the relm in which I play & pay.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 06:27 PM
what you witnessed wasn't the problem but your next statement and i quote"
I do not own a VS nor would I buy one after I saw it in play" that says nothing about your experience or does it say anythign about what works for you. it says the marker isn't worth buying fom a single time of seeing it. not actual use or any real expierence with one. it is not your typical spyder.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 06:38 PM
what you witnessed wasn't the problem but your next statement and i quote"
I do not own a VS nor would I buy one after I saw it in play" that says nothing about your experience or does it say anythign about what works for you. it says the marker isn't worth buying fom a single time of seeing it. not actual use or any real expierence with one. it is not your typical spyder.

"Not your typical Spyder" Why? What makes its different? I'm no idiot. I've investigated this marker like I do every time a manufacturer releases a new product to market. (the dealers let me try them out) part and parcel of membership $$$ and this marker was nothing new. I own 3 Spyders right now and this is no different. Still blowback same old, same old...

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 06:43 PM
nothing new have you looked at hte balance valve what makes this spyder operate near 200 psi over 800 of every other one they have manufactured. oh yeah nothing new has gone in this marker.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 06:56 PM
nothing new have you looked at hte balance valve what makes this spyder operate near 200 psi over 800 of every other one they have manufactured. oh yeah nothing new has gone in this marker.

Not sure what games you are playing in, but your ass would be killed in like seconds if you showed up with a spyder in the games I play. Good luck with that and all the best in your paintball hobby. Hope you win a few.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 06:58 PM
when the marker makes the player i will agree but until that day i will disagree enjoy your private world and i will hang out here in reality.

DRAGON
01-20-2007, 06:58 PM
"Not your typical Spyder" Why? What makes its different? I'm no idiot. I've investigated this marker like I do every time a manufacturer releases a new product to market. (the dealers let me try them out) part and parcel of membership $$$ and this marker was nothing new. I own 3 Spyders right now and this is no different. Still blowback same old, same old...

Hee hee, that statement is sooooo awry. Granted, it is a blowback but this one is so different from the others. You have a right to your opinion but I beg to differ. This is not the same ol same ol. Me tinks you're stuck in a rut if you don't notice a difference between the VS's and your other Spyder's. It almost sounds biased. Of course, that's just my own personal opinion which I'm entitled to as well -

Command2A
01-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Hee hee, that statement is sooooo awry. Granted, it is a blowback but this one is so different from the others. You have a right to your opinion but I beg to differ. This is not the same ol same ol. Me tinks you're stuck in a rut if you don't notice a difference between the VS's and your other Spyder's. It almost sounds biased. Of course, that's just my own personal opinion which I'm entitled to as well -

Its just a GAME, the marker is tool, nothing more. regardless of the $$$ I just like to get a rise outta ya all, Spyder, Dye, Angel, Smart parts... who cares.. they get the money while we play the games... Like Apple, IBM, HP & Microsoft. they get the money while we use the computers & software that let us do this.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 07:12 PM
make sure you look behind yourself while your backstepping we wouldn't want you to trip and fall on butt after falling on your face.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 07:17 PM
make sure you look behind yourself while your backstepping we wouldn't want you to trip and fall on butt after falling on your face.

Them's Fightin word's...I'am by no means backing down, just pointing out facts. Get your marker on.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 07:21 PM
i haven't heard a fact from you yet. just a bunch of here say and opinions that aren't based in fact but your mindset.

Command2A
01-20-2007, 07:22 PM
What this no reply.. thats not like you

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 07:23 PM
look above ya there neighbor

DRAGON
01-20-2007, 07:25 PM
Its just a GAME, the marker is tool, nothing more. regardless of the $$$ I just like to get a rise outta ya all, Spyder, Dye, Angel, Smart parts... who cares.. they get the money while we play the games... Like Apple, IBM, HP & Microsoft. they get the money while we use the computers & software that let us do this.

So in other words, you're just ****ing with people here to get them irate? That's called trolling. I'm not sure you want to be considered a troll here. Spyder, Dye, Angel, Smart parts... make the markers..... Apple, IBM, HP & Microsoft, make the compooters and Barry Manalow, he writes the songs, he writes the songs. So what's your point here? - :rolleyes:

Command2A
01-20-2007, 07:25 PM
i haven't heard a fact from you yet. just a bunch of here say and opinions that aren't based in fact but your mindset.

Not sure what channel you on, but a little research in this area (paintball) might help you to understand the technologies that make up this industry.
Good luck with that.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 07:27 PM
do not need luck. i am waiting for fact to spew forth from the ever more evovled and intellectual command2a and elighten us no nothing common blowback users that are beneath him. oh plese bless us with your great and overpowering knowledge on thie subject of vs series markers

Command2A
01-20-2007, 07:36 PM
do not need luck. i am waiting for fact to spew forth from the ever more evovled and intellectual command2a and elighten us no nothing common blowback users that are beneath him. oh plese bless us with your great and overpowering knowledge on thie subject of vs series markers

Oh Come on, I'm no Aurther Chang.. Like thatís a paint ball god. but face it, you're given your cash to "Aurther Chang" nice... thatís a fact.

Halucin8
01-20-2007, 07:39 PM
I am mortally wounded here and tired of waiting for these facts to arrive i said it earlier. enjoy your little world if you care to visit reality just msg i will be glad to give you direcetions. goodnight may wisdom come with age and if you have age you missed somethign along the way. good night sorry to hijack your thread.