PDA

View Full Version : What is an EYE?

Brandon_MR2
01-13-2007, 04:20 PM
I really have no clue.

Hossy
01-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Please Search next time

An eye is a thing if in your gun, That is in the Breech of the gun to detect if a ball is there. If there is a ball there, it will let the gun shoot. If there isnt a ball there, it wont shoot. It will help to prevent chops

RIpaintballer
01-13-2007, 06:54 PM
An eye is better then any ACS or ACT.

Just here to help. :D
-Me

08Lud08
01-13-2007, 08:32 PM
yes an eye is better because it will prevent all chops if they are clean and properly working where as an acs bolt doesn't work 100% at stopping chops.

El Duche
01-13-2007, 09:12 PM
An eye is better then any ACS or ACT.

Just here to help. :D
-Me
I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than use an ACS bolt.

bracer028
01-14-2007, 10:09 AM
its those two round things thats attached to your face.

yea don't even bother with the ACS bolt...i'm not even sure if it really works

*EM1-Master*
01-14-2007, 10:31 AM
The ACS does its job alright... It's not a 100% thing, but if just once it allows you to pinch instead of chopping and get a good shot on someone, it's done its job.

And ACT? 0.o

bigred76
01-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Please Search next time

An eye is a thing if in your gun, That is in the Breech of the gun to detect if a ball is there. If there is a ball there, it will let the gun shoot. If there isnt a ball there, it wont shoot. It will help to prevent chops
To be more specific, there are two kinds of eyes: bouncebeam and breakbeam. Breakbeam allows the marker to fire if the "beam" between the two eyes "breaks." This kind of eye is extremely reliable as it doesn't matter what kind of paint you use so long as they eyes are placed properly and they're clean. Bouncebeam "bounces" a beam off the ball and back into the eye emitter/receiver. This kind has had some reliability issues in the past with certain kinds of paint shells not reflecting the beam. I haven't had any issues personally, but the possibility is there.

I prefer eyes over an ACS Some people reccommend both, but I'd save your money because eye systems (even bouncebeam *see above*) > a finicky ACS any day. ACS bolts need to be broken in, and thus require a bit more effort/time than drilling the holes for eyes, and cost about the same as well.

killerpinecone
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
The purpose of an eye is to prevent chopping, breakbeam eyes send a beam to each other, if the eyes signal does'nt make a full beam across (ball in the chamber) the gun will shoot, if they make contact (no ball in the breech) the gun will not shoot. Overall eyes are better than the acs but stock Spyder boards are not compatible with eyes unless you get the VS Series, 06 Electra, MR2-MR3, and spyder bodies are not compatible with eyes therefore you will have to get them drilled for eyes and tapped for eye covers and if you dont have any of those gun you can get a T-Board from Damon at http://scenariodreams.com/ , he has really great customer service and all around great guy, Hope I helped.

calebh
01-14-2007, 11:06 AM
lvl 10 bolt FTW

RIpaintballer
01-16-2007, 02:30 PM
The ACS does its job alright... It's not a 100% thing, but if just once it allows you to pinch instead of chopping and get a good shot on someone, it's done its job.

And ACT? 0.o
ACT (Anti Chop Technology) is a patent pending design to help eliminate ball chopping and ensure consistent performance. Using a new technology that has the front and rear bolt working independently of each other, ACT virtually eliminates ball chopping and improves ball accuracy with less barrel cleaning. And unlike other anti chop systems, this system maintains ball velocity shot after shot and does not have to be re-cocked if the anti chop technology had to be engaged.

killerpinecone
01-16-2007, 02:36 PM
ok, its been figured out, let this thread rip