PDA

View Full Version : Soft ears.. what's the purpose?

QAZ123
01-13-2007, 12:22 PM
I've been thinking about modding my profiler and getting soft ears for the only purpose of being different. I was wondering though what's the real benefit of them? Seem's to me they would stick to the side of your ear and if you get hit it would hurt more or cause damage?

Thought's?

JB.

Hossy
01-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Personal Expression.
but id also say id get some, because of comfort, because sometimes the plastic on the masks are very buggy.

Alex228
01-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Mostly its for comfort. However, I think most people get them to stand out and make their gear more noticeable.

chubb0rz
01-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Soft ears on profilers help the comfort aspect alot. Stock profilers can squeeze your head. Theres a strap mod where you can cut a slot further back and it relieves that stress.

But yes the downside to soft ears is if you get shot on the ear. It does hurt alot more than stock ones. But that is what you trade off for them. I dont think there will be anymore damage than getting shot with the stock ones on.

timmyshoota
01-13-2007, 04:07 PM
I've been hit in the ear and it doesn't hurt. It does when getting bunkered but other than that it doesn't hurt. The biggest benefit IMO is the bounces. I rarely get a break on my soft ears.

El Duche
01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
might help a ball bounce off instead of breaking, but the ones that don't break tend to hurt more.

bigred76
01-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Eh, I soft-eared my Vantages for a lower profile. The comfort is "meh" as far as they go, but I can deal with it.

Ear shots... Not too bad at all, actually. Been hit there several times because I stuck my head out too long, and they mostly bounce and is just a solid "thunk" noise.

QAZ123
01-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Rock on. Thanks for the input!

My sponsor is sending me a pair shortly!

JB.