PDA

View Full Version : whats better electra or VS3?

drummer and paintballer
01-12-2007, 05:54 PM
idk know what to buy so what do u think is better?

kidonfire
01-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I think that most people here would say that the VS3 is better. it runs around 200psi and alot of people like the looks of it better. You might have to run a HPA tank though. I've read many different opinions on this. I would advise getting HPA if you don't already, since it is better for your gun and you will get mor consistant pressure. I also suggest to try the rocking trigger, if you havn't yet. go to your local pb store and try it out. some people like it, others don't. It just depends on your personal preference.

shunut
01-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Anytime you compare markers as similar as the Electra and the VS3 its going to come down to person preference. Really, you have to try both out and decide which one you like best. Both are good markers. I haven't seen the VS3 in action but I have seen the Electra. I was very surprised and the speed and consistency of the Electra I saw last time I was at the field. Either would be a good choice.

bigred76
01-12-2007, 10:28 PM
:yeahthat: Normally people are friendly enough at a field to let you test drive a marker for a couple shots and see how it is, or even at the local shop. Electra is a good choice, but so is the VS3... (although, I personally don't prefer the rocking trigger). Some like the VS3 better, some like the Electra better. Go and find out which you like. ;)

Hob Hayward
01-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Yep, keep in mind, if you buy a VS3 your going to want to use HPA instead of co2, and an HPA tank is going to cost alot more, and you'll also have to get the tank filled.(If you play outlaw, co2 is MUCH more convenient.)

drummer and paintballer
01-13-2007, 06:15 PM
well i do a HPA tank already in my other gun and i can jus switch it
the things is that where i live a lot people dont really like to lend their gun jus too shoot a couple shots so i wouldnt know what to pick thats y i put up a thing sayin which one is better

drummer and paintballer
01-31-2007, 11:34 AM
so which one would u recommend?

Oscum Guy
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
I reccomend electra because it has more upgrade potential.

There has been so many threads aboout this topic. scroll down the page abit.

drummer and paintballer
02-04-2007, 07:51 PM
ok
but one question?
whats the difference of the rockin trigger from the electra to the VS3 because i was lookin at both and they look a little different do they have anythin different in the triggers?

drummer and paintballer
02-04-2007, 07:51 PM
ok
but one question?
whats the difference of the rockin trigger from the electra to the VS3 because i was lookin at both and they look a little different do they have anythin different in the triggers?

CareBear-Killer
02-04-2007, 09:23 PM
I bought an 05 electra ACS over this past summer... then in October I recieved a VS3 as a get well gift after I broke my foot paintballing. lol.

I love the electra for the same reasons Shunut mentioned above. The fact that it runs both CO2 and HPA makes it more versatile. The only downside to the VS3 over the electra is that only "slim" barrels will fit the stock VS3 body... it has the same issue as some of the MR series markers. There is a peice of bodywork that 'hangs out' over the front of the marker.

The VS3 is very similar to an electra... more or less the same marker. The rocking trigger is pretty much the same. The grip feels just a little slimmer on the VS3. Stock, the weight is pretty similar as well. VS3 pretty much requires HPA/N2 as CO2 is not reccomended. Right now, there is more upgrade potential for the Electra. There is a lot of products on the market for them... LPC's, front blocks, grips, bolts, feed necks, drops, on/off's, circuit boards, micro-line conversions, valves, strikers... There are also several "At-Home" mods that can be done to them as well.

There are things coming out for the VS series, but with it being a newer marker, there is not a whole lot out right now, nor much of a variety. Spyder color kits, front blocks, body kit (both from Trinity Paintball), and circuit boards... You can pick up an impulse threaded feed neck if you'd like to upgrade that. Trinity also released a trigger for the VS2... To put the time line into perspective of sorts...the VS front blocks are new within the past couple months and the body kit is brand new. From the looks of it, Hybrid Technologies has a Fuska frame for the spyders (assuming its for the VS), Tadao, Virtue, are apparently making boards for the VS markers, to compete with the TBoard and the Spitfire boards... Rumor mill also says Kingman may be working on a frame as well.

From owning both and shooting both, I tend to like the VS3 more, due to the low operating pressure. It feels a little more consistant than the electra. I like to shoot a lot, and running a 45/30 hpa tank, with the Electra I would run out of air after 2.5-3 pods and a hopper. Also a lot of the Electra upgrades move you towards a lower operating pressure. The Electra is still a good marker, so don't get me wrong because I have no intentions of selling it. The benefits of the VS3 have won it, its role as my primary marker.

Also Shunut, if you want to shoot a VS3, let me know.