PDA

View Full Version : eyes?

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 05:18 PM
would eyes be essential to have with a fully upgraded pilot?would the acs work fine with a fast loader?or would they still be needed?my acs never chops a ball and will it still work good at high rates of fire with a fast hopper?

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
your acs is good but eyes are much better at preventing chops. please note nothing is perfect. you will still get the rare chop with eyes.

Hossy
01-11-2007, 05:20 PM
no, but if you want, you can try that.
ACS will work with any loader.
the gun can only cycle soo fast. The loader will be able to outload it, if you have a pulse or reloader B.

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 05:22 PM
would the acs work good with lets say a halo and ramping at 20bps?

Hossy
01-11-2007, 05:23 PM
yes
ACS is just a bolt... but it will compress if a ball is there

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 05:29 PM
would eyes be worth having if the bolt would work fine..or would eyes be that much better?

Hossy
01-11-2007, 05:30 PM
IMO your not gonna need the eyes, especially if your gonna get another gun...
it would be a waste of money

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah it will be a little while though

vikingshadow
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
I look at it like this - if you're going to use the gun for awhile, get both. One is like an insurance policy for the other. If the eyes fail, the ACS will back them up. Sometimes, your eyes may get dirty and you have to shut them off - then the ACS takes over. If your eyes are crappy, the ACS helps prevent that many more chops. They are both worth the money when the heat is on!

spyderaron
01-12-2007, 06:54 AM
The ACS will work fine with a fast hopper. Get eyes also, like Vike said.
The marker's not fully upgraded without eyes.

MVS1
01-12-2007, 11:09 AM
You can get along without eyes but they sure are nice to have as Vik stated above, I added mine when I installed my t-board because I can't control my tinkering addiction. An ACS bolt broken in well will work for ya just fine.
*Sidenote* Sorry but I gotta ask this; Spyderaron, in your sig you put "butload" of pods, followed by "no pack", my question is, where do you carry your pods? :D :evil:

STRIKEFIRST
01-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I look at it like this - if you're going to use the gun for awhile, get both. One is like an insurance policy for the other. If the eyes fail, the ACS will back them up. Sometimes, your eyes may get dirty and you have to shut them off - then the ACS takes over. If your eyes are crappy, the ACS helps prevent that many more chops. They are both worth the money when the heat is on!

Thats logic you can't argue with :)

Sandman_Bravo
01-13-2007, 04:33 AM
would eyes be essential to have with a fully upgraded pilot?would the acs work fine with a fast loader?or would they still be needed?my acs never chops a ball and will it still work good at high rates of fire with a fast hopper?

Since I went LP I never have chopped a ball and I don't have eyes. I've had barrel breaks; but no hopper blowback or bolt/breech breaks. I can't say enough about my Bandit bolt, it's performed flawlessly. I'd have to say that as long as you are using good paint, running LP, have a fast enough hopper, and have quality component parts; you shouldn't NEED eyes. :)

STRIKEFIRST
01-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Since I went LP I never have chopped a ball and I don't have eyes. I've had barrel breaks; but no hopper blowback or bolt/breech breaks. I can't say enough about my Bandit bolt, it's performed flawlessly. I'd have to say that as long as you are using good paint, running LP, have a fast enough hopper, and have quality component parts; you shouldn't NEED eyes. :)

I've never chopped with my ACS...I've had it not recock because it didn't chop a ball...for me the eyes i'm installing is to prevent having to recock in the middle of a game.

I hate having someone bunkered then have to pull back and recock...alot can happen in that split second.

Sandman_Bravo
01-13-2007, 08:30 AM
I've never had to re-cock either.

ttam13xlpb
01-13-2007, 06:21 PM
does it recock every time it keeps from chopping?mine does it every once in a while but not that much.

bigred76
01-13-2007, 11:06 PM
It depends on the situation. Most times it should just uncock. This is because it didn't open the valve and thus has not much pushing the striker back.

STRIKEFIRST
01-14-2007, 07:02 AM
The last tourney mine uncocked 3 to 4 times a game. 3 man speedball.