PDA

View Full Version : tourneys and the pilot?

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
how far in tourney ball would it be pssible to use a pilot?including all the upgrades(boards,barrels,feednecks,etc...)?i like my pilot and will be playing tourney.jw how long you guys think it would last?

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
the pilot will last longer than your co2 tank. but that will depend on what kind of tournies your talking about getting in to. just local will bprobably last a good while but if you start branching out and traveling to bigger tournies it will not last long. You will quickly see what the other guys are running and will want to fit in and it pains me to say it but there is a reason those markers are more expensive.

Hossy
01-11-2007, 06:17 PM
the player makes the gun, not the gun makes the player

As long as you take care of it, and upgrade it well, it will get you as far as you can probably at your age. Maybe in a year or two you could get a new, higher end gun

But id just suggest to get a new gun

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
i probly will get a new one in a few years but i have never had a gun that i play better with than the pilot and would like to keep it for awhile

Spinal
01-11-2007, 06:34 PM
i've been in a few tourneys with my friends my field holds just for fun. i did fairly well lol.

vikingshadow
01-11-2007, 06:50 PM
First tournament I ever played in, I used a Dragun T.E.S. (Spyder Clone, with benefits!) Only upgrades I had at that time was a regulator and asa. I rocked that thing all day, and never had a bit of trouble. I had a teammate that used a Spyder Xtra for at least 3 tournaments - and he RAILED on that thing...A friend of mine on another team had several "higher" level guns, but he ALWAYS went back to using his upgraded Fenix - and he was a baller! Hossy's right - it's the player, not the gun.

I think you're looking for validation of some sort, which we keep giving you. You just need to decide what you're going to use and not spend anymore time thinking about it. Worry about getting better, and let the chips fall where they may. We can only tell you so many times what you should or shouldn't do. Ultimately, you need to decide for yourself.

Look at it this way - when you start playing tournaments, you'll be in the beginner's bracket (or should be) and most of those guys show up with Tippmans, spyders, and other clones. You'll be just fine with it.

Hossy
01-11-2007, 06:52 PM
Look at it this way - when you start playing tournaments, you'll be in the beginner's bracket (or should be) and most of those guys show up with Tippmans, spyders, and other clones. You'll be just fine with it.

:yeahthat:

ttam13xlpb
01-11-2007, 06:54 PM
ok thx.