PDA

View Full Version : T-1

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 01:56 PM
alright guys i know this is a dragun but i just bought a green/black The One off ebay for 80 bucks. Any one got any good info about these guns i have had 1 electro pnuematic marker in the past and it was a rainmaker. I am hoping this should be easier to maintain and work on. any and all info would be appreciated

Oscum Guy
01-11-2007, 03:50 PM
are all draguns ep? i thot some were and some werent.

xtraking
01-11-2007, 04:01 PM
are all draguns ep? i thot some were and some werent.
The t.e.s. was a blowback, spyder clone.

Congrats, they are pretty good markers, kind of out dated though. But still its a good marker. Will be much easier then a rainmaker, because rainmakers from what i have seen, can be quite a mess!
Vike on here has had 2 t1's i believe so if you need assistance im sure he can help you.

Dont mention it vike :)

08Lud08
01-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I have the same exact gun except mine has a different solenoid.

vikingshadow
01-11-2007, 04:48 PM
If you have any questions, let me know. I did have two as was mentioned, and I did quite a bit of upgrading and played quite a bit with them.

PS, this was one of the easiest guns to maintain that I ever had!

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 05:10 PM
I was thinking outdated also but when you compare it to my pilot i am not so sure anymore. First marker i will have owned with eyes. low pressure operation 200-300 psi. and board capable of 30 bps(supposedly) also electro-pnuematic. pilot is blow back with 20 bps capability and no eyes.

vikingshadow
01-11-2007, 05:43 PM
It's not outdated, just discontinued. In my opinion, it paved the way for the Ion, the Promaster and the Wrath. It was the first affordable SMALL electro pneumatic gun (I paid a little over 300.00 for mine back then,) at least within the last 4 years that I can think of. In fact, the Wrath is a copy of the Odyssey, which was a copy of the T1. I think there's even a Rex something or other out there that's a copy as well. The only difference is the milling of the guns and some of minor internals. I find it funny that people cut the T1 down quite a bit when it came out (kind of like the Ion and Rail flamers) but so many companies are using the same design over and over.

The eyes on the T1 are very rudimentary - it WILL NOT see dark paint, so don't use it. Also, the first thing you should do is remove the plastic shield that supposedly protects the eyes from any paint inside the gun - it doesn't work and causes more headaches than anything. Don't expect the eyes to work perfectly - the second investment I would suggest is an anti-chop bolt for that added protection.

It's definitely a step up from the Spyder. I went from my Sonix to the TES to the T1 and each time I felt like I took a step forward. IN fact, the only reason I even got my Shocker when I did was because the hose started leaking from the LPR to the solenoid, and I had a tournament the next day. Of course, not a single store in town had any of the hose I needed in stock. My wife saw me looking at it with more than just passing interest in my eyes, and she told me to get it...after that, the rest is history!

Don't get me wrong, the Shocker blew the T1 away, but you know what I mean...

Hob Hayward
01-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Well Damon makes a t-board designed specifically for the T-1, so you could grab one o those and have the great eye logic of the t-board.

08Lud08
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
yeah I had dark green paint and my eyes wouldn't work with them but my egg could keep up fine in semi, the only reason why I chopped was because my eggs battery door broke and the batteries acted like they were dead. Also Its a really big step from a pilot, After using it I would not go back to a spyder, thats why I sold my imagine. It will have the same kick as an ion or less, I was surprised of how fast it could shoot. I know you will love it, plus you got a good deal on it. Post back after you get it and shoot it, I'm telling you it will surprise you.

Halucin8
01-11-2007, 07:04 PM
The guy emailed me and said it shipped out thursday from cali and needs to get to north carolina. so hopefully i will have it for my game next sunday.

El Duche
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Don't get me wrong, the Shocker blew the T1 away, but you know what I mean...
It's more fun to go by yourself. you can ogle the guns on the wall all you want and the only voices you hear are the gun telling you to buy it. your evil concience beating the crap out of the good one so it can't say anything, and they guy trying to sell you the gun making it harder and harder to not say "I'll take it."

to add on a little and contribute, i have a T1 that currently has a small issue. when the JAM bolt hits the detent it does the whole anit chop thing causing a good amount of air to go up the feedneck, this is murder on the halo and I'm shocked it didn't manage to break the shell of my revvy. I put the stock bolt back in and it shoots great, no more balls going up in the air and coming down about two seconds later. however aluminum on anno doesn't make me happy so I haven't played with it since. I'm waiting on finishing the builds to get back to all my left behind projects that shoot instead of the projects that involve a box of parts. Left behind: full auto stingray(still stock), LP shutter(sorta stock), LP E99(a little further along than the shutter, but barely), & the T1(sorta stock cept the reg and bolt).

I like the way that it shot, except it didn't get a good push on the ball when I was playing but after putting the stock bolt in and prolly shooting a little fast it shot very flat. I do not condone shooting paintball guns in your backyard, unless your back yard happens to consist of trees trees and more trees. a forest behind me doesn't hurt either.

albertjackson99
01-12-2007, 02:24 AM
The One was/is an excellent parker and very easy to maintain. I miss mine a great deal...

vikingshadow
01-12-2007, 03:42 AM
Ah, but I took good care of her, albert!

El Duche - The jambolt hitting the detents doesn't sound right. I think maybe they sent you the wrong bolt. I had one and it was one that never hit the detents and it's one of the best things I ever did for that gun.

albertjackson99
01-12-2007, 07:05 AM
I was trying to remember who I sold it too...glad you reminded me and even more glad that she's been well cared for...

El Duche
01-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Ah, but I took good care of her, albert!

El Duche - The jambolt hitting the detents doesn't sound right. I think maybe they sent you the wrong bolt. I had one and it was one that never hit the detents and it's one of the best things I ever did for that gun.
I bought it used and it came with the bolt. the detent is chock fulla paint so it's fairly unwilling to move.

Hob Hayward
01-12-2007, 07:03 PM
I think thats grounds for a new detent.. eh?

08Lud08
01-12-2007, 07:07 PM
You can get a killa detent for $24 on their website. I think its under the custom order and its a dragon/odyssey detent.

bigred76
01-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Hmm, try just washing the sucker out under the faucet with warm water? That normally works for me...

Ace24
01-12-2007, 11:24 PM
If you have any questions, let me know. I did have two as was mentioned, and I did quite a bit of upgrading and played quite a bit with them.

PS, this was one of the easiest guns to maintain that I ever had!
I own one as well that I put WAY to much money into making with a Spyder body. Haha.

They are great guns, efficiant, and consistant. QEV, Ultra T-board, and new reg will do you good.

If you have any upgrade questions, I'm also here for questioning. Vike might have more answers for you though.

I have also owned a Zip Kit. (still own it, but its basicly a crappier version of the T-1)

El Duche
01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
You can get a killa detent for $24 on their website. I think its under the custom order and its a dragon/odyssey detent.
I know, it's just with two builds going on I don't have the need or the funding to work on the T1. After i finish with the other builds I'm planning on getting it drilled for breakbeams so the kila detent might not do the trick if it's like the ones for the timmy that combine the detent and eye cover. I prolly should wash it out and try it again and see if it helps. I could prolly unscrew the detent until it works how it's sposed to also.

thanks for the help